Final 4 announced: Bama, Clemson, OSU, Washington

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I hate about the playoff system. If it's 4 teams then 5 and 6 *****, if it's 8 teams then 9 & 10 *****. So on and so on. If you're not 1 or 2 shut the **** up, you don't deserve a chance anyway.
First team left out is always going to be complaining no matter what. My freshman year of college we were left out of the FCS playoffs when it was still a 16 team field. We were #17. We almost rioted in the meeting when the coach told us. Someone is always going to be disappointed, but I don't mind giving more than two worthy teams a shot, because there are typically more than two worthy teams. I would never want to see it go past 8 teams, though.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So PSU whens the conference championship and beat OSU, but OSU is in the playoff...makes sense

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So PSU whens the conference championship and beat OSU, but OSU is in the playoff...makes sense

Do you really think Penn St would have a better chance of winning the playoff than Ohio St?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I personally believe the four best teams are in the playoffs, but could you imagine the controversy if the BCS still existed? Glad we have the 4-team playoff and I think it is plenty sufficient in coming up with a champion.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anyone that isn't slobbering all over OSU is automatically jilted.
Ah. Yeah It doesn't matter to me that it was OSU. Conference championship games should matter. But I hate the playoff system anyway. Have #1 and #2 play. That's it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ah. Yeah It doesn't matter to me that it was OSU. Conference championship games should matter. But I hate the playoff system anyway. Have #1 and #2 play. That's it.
One game at the end of the year should matter more than the 12 before it? What if Virginia Tech had beaten Clemson or we had beaten Bama? Should VT or UF had made the playoffs by virtue of winning the last game of the year?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
One game at the end of the year should matter more than the 12 before it? What if Virginia Tech had beaten Clemson or we had beaten Bama? Should VT or UF had made the playoffs by virtue of winning the last game of the year?
The Conference Champ should go. Win the fcvking games you're supposed to win or STFU and wait until next year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While I think they did get the four best teams, I can see why Pedo State is feeling jilted. We'd be pissed too if we were in their shoes. Unfortunately for them, they got the sh*t beaten out of them by Michigan and lost to a middle of the road ACC team. They couldn't overcome those losses to a one loss team that was ranked in the top 5 all year.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm fine with the 4 best teams. It's just ironic that the big 10ish lobbied hard for conference champs and their champ got bumped by a better team in their own conference, which is rather fortunate for them from a competitive standpoint.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And they thought a 4 team playoff would cut down all the controversy and no one gets left out. Riiiiiiiight.
They should play all the bowls (traditional like) and THEN pick four teams......

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8d11f9292cbaf36479e94dc3d9461cfe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics