Fire Mullens sorry ass now; leave him in Jax with no ride home

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif
I wish. Spurrier is wearing Duke hats now.

The leadership has no plan. They would have been executing it earlier in the year vs giving raises.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Has he checked out? Does he know either his time is ending or he has plans to pursue new opportunities?
He has no new opportunities. Nobody is going to swoop in and hire Cousin Eddie and relieve us of the responsibility of firing his ass. He doesn't have the itegrity to just quit.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
What other opportunities? He has had one job offer in the last 12 years.
That's right. That's sure not going to happen. Maybe he will go to Stricklin and say, "Heh Strick. Fire me and we can negoitiate down my buyout. Nobody will have to know." That's the best case scenario.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
THE SEASON ISN'T OVER. We have the tie breaker with Tinerc and we are still fighting Mizzu and USCe for 4th place!!!!

We got this.
That's right, and our recruiting is going in the right direction. Now we ARE ranked 22nd. In a couple of weeks, we'll just be rank.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A pleasant though would kill you? I agree, though.
Dad, it's 3:15 in the morning.

Anyway, if Mullen had a known commitment to the program, was going to fire some assistants, cancel his vacations and start working the trail, he'd probably get another year. However, like Butters before him, he doesn't want to be here and has no intention of doing any of that. THAT'S why this is his last season. They will work out a buyout arrangement and he is out of here.

I doubt Stricklin's job is in danger too, but that would be one pleasant surprise.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jim McElwain
Let's double down on that and up the anti. How bout after a National Championship. Does another Ed come to mind 1 and half years later. Eddie O. Or how bout 2 years from a National Champion ship, Chizik, 2 years. Need a good Football historian to fill i the rest.

This is the problem. Because of lack of effort, or lack of ability, or poor results on the field, recruiting is going so far south that if we wait to pull the trigger, the roster will resemble resemble what remains of Chernobyl. At a minimum it will take four years to get back to something close to acceptable. Who's going to want that job. The sleeping giant that Bear Bryant referred to, once awake, will go back to sleep an go all Rip Van Winkle

If that's what the administration wants, fine. Just tell us so. We can turn our attention to our occasional two slot rise in the worthless University Academic rankings, and cheer for that.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
An overhaul is exactly what is needed right now. At this point I don't think Strick has the Balz to pull the lever on all. I think with the HEAT now he will take the easy way out as there will not be a renewed contract with Grantham. He'll ask Dan to make some more changes, but we'll see how that works out.

Dan's not going anywhere right now unless he goes Full Mcelstain. If we don't want him now, who else other than a lower tier school would?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, I just drove by Mullen hitchhiking along SR 16 outside Starke. He was wearing a bright red T-shirt that read HIT ME. Looked kinda tired.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
An overhaul is exactly what is needed right now. At this point I don't think Strick has the Balz to pull the lever on all. I think with the HEAT now he will take the easy way out as there will not be a renewed contract with Grantham. He'll ask Dan to make some more changes, but we'll see how that works out.

Dan's not going anywhere right now unless he goes Full Mcelstain. If we don't want him now, who else other than a lower tier school would?

If Strick (or higher up the chain our prez) does that then it will take the second coming of SOS, Urbs, or Saban to dig us out of this hole. And even with someone like that, at least two to three years of patience will be required. If there is any desire to right the ship Dannie boy need to go this year.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, I just drove by Mullen hitchhiking along SR 16 outside Starke. He was wearing a bright red T-shirt that read HIT ME. Looked kinda tired.

And you didn't take him up on it? Damn '78 take one for the team.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ya know I thought I didn't give a crap anymore. And I pretty much expected what happened yesterday. So I don't know why I went into shock. But now that my shock is over, I've discovered that I do care, at least enough to demand his ouster. Fat lot of good that'll do.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’ll say it again that despite all we’ve been through it will take one of three things to see a coaching change after this season:

(1) Lose to FSU
(2) Refuse to fire Grantham at seasons end
(3) Lose AR to the portal

It might even take two of the three given The AD’s attachment to him.

Otherwise he will be gone after next season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll say it again that despite all we’ve been through it will take one of three things to see a coaching change after this season:

(1) Lose to FSU

I can tell you right now beating FSU is no done deal. Not only do we suck, it will be the Super Bowl to them.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Coastal is a great school from what I hear. We have a couple of kids from my area there in athletics and love it. The beach is pretty sweet as well. They took our lunch money in baseball.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Oh I agree….I have to believe his arrogant, condescending aloofness turns off a lot of recruits…but on the field, defense is the consistent problem the last 3-4 years…this year we can add turnovers as well….but also one outside factor that people on here don’t want to factor in is that the SEC is way tougher than when Urban was dominating here…TAMU is good, Bama obviously, UGA is now elite, not just good like the Richt years, UK is better, Ole Miss is good, etc….Spurrier and Urban didn’t have near the annual parity that Mullen has
I hate to see this in fans but understand completely after what we’ve all suffered through the last 12 to 13 years.

Are you implying we can’t compete?
That we cannot ever be elite again?
That we can’t beat all those teams and win a National Championship?

I’m telling you we can.

BUT, it’s going to take a new President a new AD and an entire overhaul of attitude within the entire UF administration.
A COMMITMENT to Football.
Just like the teams you mentioned above.

Build the damn facilities!!
Hire the “consultants” and staff for behind the scenes game plans, scouting, player recruitment and development. Minimum 40 new hires.
Make the recruiting budget Match or exceed any of our Rivals budgets.

Hire a head coach that loves UF and actually gives a rats azz about our school and program.

Anything short of a full commitment, and we will all feel like this every Sunday morning for eternity,

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

(1) Lose to FSU

Yeah, I don’t see us firing him. If he’s truly miserable, he could possibly initiate the departure with a settlement of the buyout but I don’t think that’s likely.
He’ll hire some washed up DC and we’ll get one more year of Mullen and all that comes with that.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
I'm rooting for us to lose every game left in the season (except FSU) so Mullen can be fired. It's for the good of gator nation. We can't have Mullen come back next season and waste yet another season.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
For some reason, this part of the season reminds me of 2017, except as of today we still have the same HC. Right after Butters did us a favor and canned himself, we had 4 games remaining against FSU, Mizzou, UAB, and someone else. Sort of like what we have this year except UAB was better than this year's Samford. Be that as it may, Shannon was named interim in 2017. I happened to be over at the stadium walking the steps during the week after the UGA debacle and I saw Randy as I was walking to the parking lot. I stopped and spoke with Randy for a few minutes and knowing he would be auditioning for his next job, not as a HC, but it would be a way for people to see how he did after his flop at scrotUM. And I remember saying to Randy that really the only thing that most of the fans wanted was to see a team that looked liked it had been coached during the week and looked like it knew what it was doing on Saturday. Well he understood, said they would and we all know they did not. Now 8 games into this season, most of us would just like to see the same improvements. But given we still have Cousin Eddie we are 8 games in and have regressed and gotten worse week after week after week. so there is no way this team will look like it knows what it is doing or looks improved. The level of opponent might give the few retards a false sense, but just watch closely.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to see this in fans but understand completely after what we’ve all suffered through the last 12 to 13 years.

Are you implying we can’t compete?
That we cannot ever be elite again?
That we can’t beat all those teams and win a National Championship?

I’m telling you we can.

Were Tennessee or Texas 2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator