Fire Mullens sorry ass now; leave him in Jax with no ride home

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm normally a "support the HC we have" kinda guy. But it's clear this isn't working. Going backwards, bad decisions all around, stubbornness, always looking for another job or a raise. It's time to part ways with Dan, and see what else there is.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible post. HE CAN GET EVERY DIME WITHOUT COACHING NEXT SEASON. Look what happened to Orgeron - not only was his coaching abysmal, there was a laundry list of off-the-field shenanigans, and he still got every cent of his buyout.

Butters made up death threats to get out and still got the majority of his buyout. Mullen is owed 12 million, if he sits down and tells Stricklin he wants out, he'll walk with at least 10 of that, if not all of it.

He wants out because he can't handle the pressure. He doesn't want to go through it another year. I'm sure his wife is in his ear about it as well. I know when I hate my job, saying "just another year" doesn't sound so good to me - it sounds hideous, no matter how much I'm making.

I wasn't very clear with my line of thought. I think Mullen wants to be fired and is just waiting until that happens to collect buyout. I don't think he would tell Strickland that he wants to leave because that possibly puts some of his buyout in jeopardy. As you stated, McElwain wanted out but didn't get it all. Orgeron got it all, but he didn't want to leave. The Administration wanted him gone.

I agree that Mullen has given up and wants out. I just disagree that he is willing to risk any amount of buyout money to do it. In my opinion, he's going to wait on Strickland to make the first move so is assured to collect more.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep you pretty much hit the nail on the head....I absolutely think we can be elite again, just pointing out it's much harder than it was when Urban and Spurrier were here...and now we will have Texas and OU joining us.....Spurrier wasn't known as the most get up and go recruiter either but he had the luxury of having an innovative offensive mind and a much weaker SEC at the time.....his 2 toughest games every year were always UT and FSU....Mullen has had to face two #1 teams already this year...these aren't excuses just facts

Big picture though regarding the athletic program....I admittedly don't follow any UF sports outside of the Big 4 and volleyball but it does 'feel' like on the surface anyway that the athletic program has declined since Fuchs and Stricklin came in.....

One final thought...I was never much of a believer on state of the art facilities putting you over the top....Spurrier, Urban, Walton, Sullivan, and Donovan all won their titles with basic facilities.....now would it help? Sure...but I don't think it's the end all be all

I asked some friends this question the other day.

Can you name a sport at UF that is better today than five years ago?

Football- no
Basketball (men) - no
Basketball (women) - no
Baseball - no
Softball - no
Volleyball - no
Gymnastics - no
Track (men) - no
Track (women) - no
Soccer - no
Golf (men) - no
Golf (women) - no
Tennis (men) - maybe
Tennis (women) - no
Lacrosse - who knows and who cares

A few of the sports programs are still strong (baseball, track, softball, etc) but none of them are better.
In fact, several such as volleyball, soccer and men’s basketball are clearly weaker than five years ago.

The administration has spent millions on top of millions enhancing the facilities and support for all of the sports that drive no revenue with negative results at the expense of the cash cow that now has hoof in mouth disease.

Putting ALL emotions aside, I am a retired business executive whose career was always tied to tangible results with ramifications for performance and non-performance.

How can anyone with a sound mind look at UF’s athletic program objectively and not demand major changes now?

How can any booster with a sound mind look at UF’s athletic program and continue to donate large sums of money?

Maybe everyone should be asking these questions and not just the ones inside the UAA. Time for all boosters to speak.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014

Football- no
Basketball (men) - no
Basketball (women) - no
Baseball - no
Softball - no
Volleyball - no
Gymnastics - no
Track (men) - no
Track (women) - no
Soccer - no
Golf (men) - no
Golf (women) - no
Tennis (men) - maybe
Tennis (women) - no

A few of the sports programs are still strong (baseball, track, softball, etc) but none of them are better.
In fact, several such as volleyball, soccer and men’s basketball are clearly weaker than five years ago.

The administration has spent millions on top of millions enhancing the facilities and support for all of the sports that drive no revenue with negative results at the expense of the cash cow that now has hoof in mouth disease.

Putting ALL emotions aside, I am a retired business executive whose career was always tied to tangible results with ramifications for performance and non-performance.

How can anyone with a sound mind look at UF’s athletic program objectively and not demand major changes now?

How can any booster with a sound mind look at UF’s athletic program and continue to donate large sums of money?

Maybe everyone should be asking these questions and not just the ones inside the UAA. Time for all boosters to speak.
Because WOKE

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
He wants out because he can't handle the pressure. He doesn't want to go through it another year. I'm sure his wife is in his ear about it as well. I know when I hate my job, saying "just another year" doesn't sound so good to me - it sounds hideous, no matter how much I'm making.
I think it would be best for his family time if he quit now. Those kids only grow up once and you really want to be there for them, not coaching and recruiting all the time. Think of the children. Please.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it would be best for his family time if he quit now. Those kids only grow up once and you really want to be there for them, not coaching and recruiting all the time. Think of the children. Please.
Recruiting all the time :rotfl:. I think we can all agree that he’s not missing any family time due to recruiting.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019

Football- no
Basketball (men) - no
Basketball (women) - no
Baseball - no
Softball - no
Volleyball - no
Gymnastics - no
Track (men) - no
Track (women) - no
Soccer - no
Golf (men) - no
Golf (women) - no
Tennis (men) - maybe
Tennis (women) - no

Yep…because UF has become more woke…which means let’s worry about not offending small factions, building safe space computer labs, multicultural diversity center garbage, etc first and knock sports down a few notches….

Volleyball is barely in the top 25 which is unheard of, basketball is nowhere close to the energy and electricity of the Billy days, football we have discussed…yeah it’s sad…this is what happens when you get poor leadership in there that accepts being average

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Way off. Dan has now lost 13 games at UF. He scored more than 20 points in only 6 of those losses. It’s not all on the D.

Haha okay fine you win that one…either way, I still don’t think he gets fired

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What is it that Stricklin and Fuchs need for a call to action? A third loss in a row coupled with yet another defensive collapse? A loss to FSU? Another embarrassingly defiant post-game presser? One more awkward Mullen smile during a defining moment of a painful loss?

We weren’t suppose to beat UGA and yet a case can be made that the nature of the loss — we outdid them in almost every statistical category and still got blown out — is itself grounds for dismissal. Is anyone who matters on campus keeping track of how bad it’s gotten?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is anyone who matters on campus keeping track of how bad it’s gotten?

This is what I want to see, what are the players saying. Is the portal going to have an influx in the next few days?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
zck3eju0ncntbmoamagv.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I wasn't very clear with my line of thought. I think Mullen wants to be fired and is just waiting until that happens to collect buyout. I don't think he would tell Strickland that he wants to leave because that possibly puts some of his buyout in jeopardy. As you stated, McElwain wanted out but didn't get it all. Orgeron got it all, but he didn't want to leave. The Administration wanted him gone.

I agree that Mullen has given up and wants out. I just disagree that he is willing to risk any amount of buyout money to do it. In my opinion, he's going to wait on Strickland to make the first move so is assured to collect more.
From MuLLLLen's position he's thinking you have 2 choices, fire me now, I collect the rest of my 7.5 M this year and 12 M buyout, or don't fire me and I collect this years money, another 7.5, tank another season, tank recruiting, see multiple players jump ship through the portal, then I still collect my buyout.

Basically it's an adversarial relationship now. From Numbnut's position he is like Ransom-ware at this point. The damage is done. Now decide if you want to cut your loses and try to limit further damage and pay me now, or let me continue to do more damage to your organization and have it end up costing you more in the long run.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I can tell you right now beating FSU is no done deal. Not only do we suck, it will be the Super Bowl to them.

Especially if they have 5 wins by then. A 6th win gives them a shot at a winning record after 3 straight losing seasons. It WILL be their Super Bowl! However I do believe AR will crush their bodies and their souls.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
Oh I agree….I have to believe his arrogant, condescending aloofness turns off a lot of recruits…but on the field, defense is the consistent problem the last 3-4 years…this year we can add turnovers as well….but also one outside factor that people on here don’t want to factor in is that the SEC is way tougher than when Urban was dominating here…TAMU is good, Bama obviously, UGA is now elite, not just good like the Richt years, UK is better, Ole Miss is good, etc….Spurrier and Urban didn’t have near the annual parity that Mullen has
I disagree that the schedule is harder now. Fsu is a joke. That used to be a loss or tough game every year. Spurdog had to deal with an Elite UT. UK is the same its always been.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
TCU just unceremoniously dumped Gary Patterson after 21 years of being their head coach. He guided them from Conference USA, to the Mountain West, to the Big 12. 9 bowl wins. 6 conference titles. An undefeated season. Winningest coach in school history. And, Patterson isn't even finishing the season. Meanwhile, in the Gainesville . . . . . . . .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Especially if they have 5 wins by then. A 6th win gives them a shot at a winning record after 3 straight losing seasons. It WILL be their Super Bowl! However I do believe AR will crush their bodies and their souls.
He left injured yesterday. For all we know, his season is over.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
What is it that Stricklin and Fuchs need for a call to action? A third loss in a row coupled with yet another defensive collapse? A loss to FSU? Another embarrassingly defiant post-game presser? One more awkward Mullen smile during a defining moment of a painful loss?

We weren’t suppose to beat UGA and yet a case can be made that the nature of the loss — we outdid them in almost every statistical category and still got blown out — is itself grounds for dismissal. Is anyone who matters on campus keeping track of how bad it’s gotten?

Any of the links contains the answer to your question:

https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/No!-King.mp3

https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/No-Buffalo-Bill.mp3

https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/No-repeated.mp3

https://archive.org/download/neil-rogers-show-soundboard/No.mp3

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I disagree that the schedule is harder now. Fsu is a joke. That used to be a loss or tough game every year. Spurdog had to deal with an Elite UT. UK is the same its always been.

FSU is certainly weaker as is UT but the flip side of that is UGA is elite, Bama is elite, UK is now consistently in or hovering the top 25, top 20 TAMU is now in our conference, Ole Miss and Auburn ranked, LSU even though they are down this year are overall much better than the 90s....even Arkansas cracked the polls this year

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator