Fishing Videos, Pics and Stories

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
River Rat, good to see you posting again. We will be staying at Sunset Place in July (5-7). You going to be around?
Hey Salt Going to be here the 3rd,4th and 5th, see you on the 5th maybe I’ll locate some scallops by then

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
We caught 5 keepers today fishing in Waccasassa Bay.
143ffe5a2d5e62276dd3164526b94aa4.jpg

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Salt Going to be here the 3rd,4th and 5th, see you on the 5th maybe I’ll locate some scallops by then
Were trying to see if we can add the 4th, even if we have to change rooms.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hit the St John’s River yesterday, as there is a lot of shrimp and bait in the river right now. Overcast skies and dropping barometric pressure yesterday usually means fish will be chewing. Started off at Mandarin Point throwing the shrimp net. Threw for an hour, and I had about 4 dozen big eaters and 8 dozen mediums for fishing. Hit some small jetties close by and caught 8 mangrove snapper, but all were shorts. Headed over to a dock near Goodbys Creek, and never had to move again. Picked up 5 sheepshead, 2 flounder, 2 reds, 2 big croakers, and 1 more mango. Lost 2 big sheep’s in the pilings. Wound up keeping 2 flounder, 2 sheep’s, 2 croakers, plus the 4 dozen large shrimp. Was a good day on the water.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpeg
    IMG_0096.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0095.jpeg
    IMG_0095.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hit the St John’s River yesterday, as there is a lot of shrimp and bait in the river right now. Overcast skies and dropping barometric pressure yesterday usually means fish will be chewing. Started off at Mandarin Point throwing the shrimp net. Threw for an hour, and I had about 4 dozen big eaters and 8 dozen mediums for fishing. Hit some small jetties close by and caught 8 mangrove snapper, but all were shorts. Headed over to a dock near Goodbys Creek, and never had to move again. Picked up 5 sheepshead, 2 flounder, 2 reds, 2 big croakers, and 1 more mango. Lost 2 big sheep’s in the pilings. Wound up keeping 2 flounder, 2 sheep’s, 2 croakers, plus the 4 dozen large shrimp. Was a good day on the water.
Nice!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You might not wanna eat them shrimp with those zombie eyes :ugh:

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Headed out to fish the St John’s again today. Windfinder was way off, as it was blowing 10 to 15 out of the North in the morning. It laid down to 5 mph in the afternoon and was pretty nice. I started out at Mandarin Point throwing the shrimp net for bait. It took me about 25 min to pick up 4 dozen live shrimp. Headed back to that same dock near Goodbys Creek and picked up 2 small flounder, 2 small mangos, 1 big freshwater cat, 2 sheepshead , and 4 croakers. Kept 2 sheep’s and three croakers to fry up this week. Had about a dozen shrimp left, so I headed North and tried one more dock. Hooked up with a big 31 inch red, almost got me into some pilings but was following her with the trolling motor. Once clear of the initial pilings, she thankfully headed towards the channel. Took about 10 minutes to catch her on my 5500C3 ambassador, was a fun fight. Revived her for two minutes boatside, and watched her swim away. Another good day on the river.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 17

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Headed out to fish the St John’s again today. Windfinder was way off, as it was blowing 10 to 15 out of the North in the morning. It laid down to 5 mph in the afternoon and was pretty nice. I started out at Mandarin Point throwing the shrimp net for bait. It took me about 25 min to pick up 4 dozen live shrimp. Headed back to that same dock near Goodbys Creek and picked up 2 small flounder, 2 small mangos, 1 big freshwater cat, 2 sheepshead , and 4 croakers. Kept 2 sheep’s and three croakers to fry up this week. Had about a dozen shrimp left, so I headed North and tried one more dock. Hooked up with a big 31 inch red, almost got me into some pilings but was following her with the trolling motor. Once clear of the initial pilings, she thankfully headed towards the channel. Took about 10 minutes to catch her on my 5500C3 ambassador, was a fun fight. Revived her for two minutes boatside, and watched her swim away. Another good day on the river.
Sounds like a fun day Salt , we get back from the land of the toothless I’ll be ready.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
My brother and I had a good day on Waccasassa Bay yesterday. Caught a limit of speckled trout. Sizes from 15.5 to 18.
0fa2f951ef3bc4768d9e836eb3d0f173.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator