Fitzgerald Fired: Northwestern Hazing Culture

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You knew as soon as the media got a hold of this nothingburger story that the coach would be fired. Sign of the times. All it takes is one Jonathan Martin-type to do it.

Eventually, all the Jonathan Martin's of the world will kill the sport of football (and all sports, really) for good.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fitz fired. As he should’ve been.

David Shaw is too logical a replacement choice here with all the academic side to deal with.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen would be licking his chops thinking we’re going to steal all those 3* players…

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He should be able to keep his job if he does one of those naked qb center exchanges with an assistant

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
If I told you the schit my fraternity did to our pledges back in the 80s, the cops would show up at my door and execute me on the spot.
There’s a thread for this in the saloon ….

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You knew as soon as the media got a hold of this nothingburger story that the coach would be fired. Sign of the times. All it takes is one Jonathan Martin-type to do it.

Eventually, all the Jonathan Martin's of the world will kill the sport of football (and all sports, really) for good.
If a coach allows that kinda crap to go on, whether knowing and supporting or blissfully ignorant, sooner or later it’s going to get out of the capsule. When it does, he no longer has total control of his future. If a team wants to have the student athletes take corrective responsibility, set up a leadership counsel under supervision and run it that way. Glorifying what’s tantamount to a prison hierarchy isn’t the way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like Back Alley Gator thinks that all these guys should be naked and running up each other’s Back Alleys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If a coach allows that kinda crap to go on, whether knowing and supporting or blissfully ignorant, sooner or later it’s going to get out of the capsule. When it does, he no longer has total control of his future. If a team wants to have the student athletes take corrective responsibility, set up a leadership counsel under supervision and run it that way. Glorifying what’s tantamount to a prison hierarchy isn’t the way.
It went on for 100+ years of sports without any issues.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It went on for 100+ years of sports without any issues.
I don’t believe that extreme has been or is what’s normal. Would you let a bunch of “teammates” hold you down and dry hump you or willingly put your hands on another guy’s junk or have him put it on yours? I’m telling you there’s a better way to develop a team bond. If it’s a survival of the fittest, the coaches should be perfectly capable of setting up man-to-man or team competitions to make those determinations. Urban Meyer was great in this aspect despite whatever may be thought of him personally. This secret society bull schit has been over-glorified. I’ll finish by saying that successful teams need some thugs, but they can’t be the rulers nor can that mindset prevail.

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like an opportunity to develop more self confidence.
Brother, as a player and later as a coach, I had all the opportunities I needed to develop self-confidence during spring and summer workouts, two-a-days, fall practice, games, and off-season workouts. The guy I played for wasn’t f’n around and he knew how to pair us or team us up to create competition. You learned to win these battles and develop that pride and self-confidence and it often started by getting beat and then deciding whether to go again and bring more with you next time or find an easier sport. The culture he developed didn’t include a bunch of naked gay schit glorified as “Spartan” or some other heraldic nonsense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Ox was one of the guys nude dry humping freshman during his senior year :grin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was primarily trying to trigger GatorJ. I could picture him clutching his pearls bad over this dumb story. He probably lost sleep. Spittle flying from his mouth as he expressed his disgust to his wife over dinner concerning this "knuckle dragger" coach.

It appears his skin is getting thicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator