Fitzgerald Fired: Northwestern Hazing Culture

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Brother, as a player and later as a coach, I had all the opportunities I needed to develop self-confidence during spring and summer workouts, two-a-days, fall practice, games, and off-season workouts. The guy I played for wasn’t f’n around and he knew how to pair us or team us up to create competition. You learned to win these battles and develop that pride and self-confidence and it often started by getting beat and then deciding whether to go again and bring more with you next time or find an easier sport. The culture he developed didn’t include a bunch of naked gay schit glorified as “Spartan” or some other heraldic nonsense.
I absolutely won't argue with you on this at all. You know far more than I ever will about coaching or sports in general.

My response to this subject is a result of how my dad taught me to deal with bullies from a very early age. It's also why I reacted as strongly as I did to B52s lineman hazing stories.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was primarily trying to trigger GatorJ. I could picture him clutching his pearls bad over this dumb story. He probably lost sleep. Spittle flying from his mouth as he expressed his disgust to his wife over dinner concerning this "knuckle dragger" coach.

It appears his skin is getting thicker.

:(

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did the hazing thing in football and wrestling, but we never did gay schit like this. At worst was the rip-out-underwear via wedgie and running it up the flagpole. The hell is wrong with northerners?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Many years ago when I was playing football in Jr. HS we had an Asst. Coach get fired because one of the other players parents overheard him call us p vssy's after we tied a team he thought we should have beat....He was the best coach in any sport I or many others ever had.....

Over the rest of the season the kid who's parents forced the firing probably wished he would have been hazed.....We beat the living sh!t out of him everyday after practice on the way home....:lol2:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
They must have pussy practices. We were too dead tired to haze anyone after football practice. Sounds stupid as shttt.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shti runs downhill
They could have just suspended him and cleaned everything up, which is what they were planning to do. However, once the media started wringing their hands, they caved to that pressure and fired him.

He's going to sue and probably win.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They could have just suspended him and cleaned everything up, which is what they were planning to do. However, once the media started wringing their hands, they caved to that pressure and fired him.

He's going to sue and probably win.
They’ve got a good case against him for lack of institutional control, mitigated by complaints. If the University doesn’t cut him loose, there’s a good chance there’s some suits brought by parents of student athletes. Or least there’s the threat. Maybe best case for Fitzgerald is he’s released with severance, but no guarantee. “I didn’t know” ain’t gonna cut it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They’ve got a good case against him for lack of institutional control, mitigated by complaints. If the University doesn’t cut him loose, there’s a good chance there’s some suits brought by parents of student athletes. Or least there’s the threat. Maybe best case for Fitzgerald is he’s released with severance, but no guarantee. “I didn’t know” ain’t gonna cut it.
He's getting paid. Bigly.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NW owes him 42 M on his contract......... He will get about 1/3 of it.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Brother, as a player and later as a coach, I had all the opportunities I needed to develop self-confidence during spring and summer workouts, two-a-days, fall practice, games, and off-season workouts. The guy I played for wasn’t f’n around and he knew how to pair us or team us up to create competition. You learned to win these battles and develop that pride and self-confidence and it often started by getting beat and then deciding whether to go again and bring more with you next time or find an easier sport. The culture he developed didn’t include a bunch of naked gay schit glorified as “Spartan” or some other heraldic nonsense.
Never in sports nor all my years in and around the army, did I see any ghey assed schit like this... and I grew up in the north @Durty South Swamp

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the love of God....so a bunch of nerds put a homsexual spin on hazing....I'm shocked....But why fire the Coach unless he was involved?
Exactly. Two men doing a qb center exchange in the nude is perfectly normal. What the hell is wrong with everyone around here?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just don't see Hartline taking the job, just a lot of wishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online