Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Taggart: Lack of Film Study, Adjustments factors in FSU loss
11:16 AM ET
  • i

Adam RittenbergESPN Senior Writer

After watching Florida State lose in Saturday's season-opening loss to Boise State, coach WiLLLLLLLie Taggart is examining where he might have found film on his opponent.

On his weekly radio show Monday, Taggart said he has spoken with FSU's media staff about better cable oprtions that include more programming after seeing several players admitted they had no preparation for Boise State.

"It's tough", said Taggart. "We don't get the Mountain West or whatever games here in Tallahassee, so how can we see film to prepare for the adjustments they usually make?"

"We had Cox, but switched this off-season to CableOne, " he continued. "May be time we look into Dish."

A distraught locker room was filled with emotion after the game. While some looked dejected, other players looked forward to the challenges ahead. One thing is certain, it won't get any easier. Louisiana-Monroe hasn't been on national television since 2007. Monday's "Just Dance" routine likely just got a little more intense.

How the freak can a program like FSU not obtain game film. I could find it is needed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Okay this is really sad. :nole:Town is now starting to give legitimate, hard working clowns a bad name. How long has it been since opposing coaches had to sit in front of a TV and watch the actual game live to scout an upcoming opponent? Almost since Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone. When I coached basketball, sure I had to go watch an upcoming opponent to see their sets and make observations about the individual players. This was long before film or the internet. Then it progressed to exchanging game film. Now anyone at anytime can click a few buttons and watch any game it its entirety at anytime. It does not matter who your cable carrier is or if you have satellite. JFC, it has not taken Willie anytime to become the largest :nole:of them all. What A genuine DUMBA$$

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is that an Onion article? Pretty good stuff if it is! If it's not, God help them!

I just copied the format and inserted the verbiage. Didn't think anyone would take it seriously.:lol:

But how great is it that there's such a fine line between total parody, and what may have actually come out of Taggart's mouth.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I just copied the format and inserted the verbiage. Didn't think anyone would take it seriously.:lol:

But how great is it that there's such a fine line between total parody, and what may have actually come out of Taggart's mouth.
Wait. That wasn’t real? Pretty sure it’s a rule that you’re not allowed to post stuff on the internet if it’s not true.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is that an Onion article? Pretty good stuff if it is! If it's not, God help them!
Be on guard for when a coach starts lying. See: McElwain and lies about death threats from us. Lying coaches cannot succeed at guiding any team. We gotta make sure the fear of racism stays a hot topic around Tallahassee. I want FSU to stay the least racist football team in CFB.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
WTF is he talking about? Does he really believe that major college football programs get film of their opponents off of cable TV? Most teams exchange film voluntarily before playing each other. Even if Boise refused to provide film, his excuse of switching cable providers during the off-season is just dumb. This was the first game of the season so any film of Boise would have come from last season and would have either been obtained last season when you had Cox (again, nobody is getting their film this way but this just goes to show he is full of BS) or would have been obtained by contacting another team, either an ACC team or a team where you have a friend on the staff. This is typically where you’d get it if Boise refused to hand it over. Willie is a moron!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It got me. I could totally see him though going to the library and asking for a VHS copy of their games from 10 years ago. Mac would be in line behind him mad he got the only one.

It got me, too. I could see Willie saying something like this. :lol:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Louisville’s running game reminded me of UCF’s. Tons of misdirection with speedy, shifty backs. Gave ND fits for stretches of the game. Gap discipline will be critical and the Noles didn’t show any.

Defense is undersized but quick to the ball. F$U’s OL will struggle. This has upset written all over it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
He had this problem at Oregon. There are 2 lawsuits against him, Oderinde, and the university. Oderinde is the same S&C coach involved in the "death by up-downs" lawsuit. To have hydration issues again? I'm stunned.

From a football standpoint, I'd negative recruit the hell out of this. All one needs to do is show recruits the news stories. You don't even need to say anything.

Not doubting you, but you’d have to be an idiot to develop heat issues in Oregon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator