Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Those were fun, no doubt. But I also loved watching him throw 20-30 straight fades and slants. Whatever the DBs guessed, someone was wrong.

DW just didnt miss on those lil rainbow fades. His accuracy was uncanny but I will tell you from watch from walking up and down Southwest 2nd avenue that it was from the QNs and receivers running those routes tens of thousands of times. All day everyday it seemed.

When we got in the red zone, SOS go-to was the slant or the fade. Our red zone TD to FG ratio was stellar back then, and it was all about the slant and the fade, especially that fade. It was like a 7 footer in the NBA with a short-range fall-away jumper. There really wasn't much you could do to stop it.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When we got in the red zone, SOS go-to was the slant or the fade. Our red zone TD to FG ratio was stellar back then, and it was all about the slant and the fade, especially that fade. It was like a 7 footer in the NBA with a short-range fall-away jumper. There really wasn't much you could do to stop it.
Watching those DBs was hilarious. Nothing they could do.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Is it my imagination or on that first TD does the receiver drop the ball prior to crossing the goal line? If not it sure is close. Good thing they didn't use instant replay for reviews in these days.

I thought the same damn thing! I’ll never forget that Jaquez Green did the same thing and it clearly hasn’t broken the plane. On that play, the refs also ruled it a TD when it clearly wasn’t. Don’t think it would have made a difference in the outcome either way, though.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Oh no, they got another 3☆,

What was his star ranking before he committed to FSU?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is funny. David Carr busts Rapis's balls, Rapiss tells him to mind his own business:

This is some the funniest shcit I've seen in a minute

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
There's also several dips*ytes on that very tweet defending the Rapeis Winston's stats.

Some jackass Holes/Bucs fan compared him to Favre...saying he’s just got the balls to get the ball out and picks are just part of the game

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some jackass Holes/Bucs fan compared him to Favre...saying he’s just got the balls to get the ball out and picks are just part of the game
I remember that time when Favre got cut.

To be fair Favre DID throw a lot of pics, but they were mostly the third and long variety when down late in the game by two scores, or 3rd and 10 but rarely deep in his own territory. His pics were aggressively but usually not that stupid.

Everything about Rapeis is stupid.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah that was my argument too but he didn’t seem to want to rationalize that his messiah was infallible

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I remember that time when Favre got cut.

To be fair Favre DID throw a lot of pics, but they were mostly the third and long variety when down late in the game by two scores, or 3rd and 10 but rarely deep in his own territory. His pics were aggressively but usually not that stupid.

Everything about Rapeis is stupid.

And ruinous.

My beloved wife is a Bucs fan. Week after week she would howl in anger as jaMEis would either put them in impossible holes or snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The hilarious part was last season, when they dreamed up the idea that Byron Leftwich could somehow coach jaMEis out of being a lot like, well, Byron Leftwich. Instead, 30 INTs later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.