Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
True but the pure consistency of this meltdown is unparalleled. 7-6, 5-7, 6-7 and 2-5 (with more losses to follow).

Norvelle is soft. He’s already lost the locker room. Those kids can’t get out of there fast enough. Hell they’re walking out mid season. Who ever heard of that?
Exactly, it's not just that they are terrible and losing, it's that kids are completely bailing on the program right and left. It's going to take untold years to dig out of this kind of mess, and Norvell sure as hell isn't the guy who can do it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Exactly, it's not just that they are terrible and losing, it's that kids are completely bailing on the program right and left. It's going to take untold years to dig out of this kind of mess, and Norvell sure as hell isn't the guy who can do it.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic. To be fair, Norvell deserves at least 5 years at Clown U and maybe longer. Like the racists they are, Clown U fired wiLLLLLLLLLLLLie. NorveLLLLL deserves a chance to prove himself.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
True but the pure consistency of this meltdown is unparalleled. 7-6, 5-7, 6-7 and 2-5 (with more losses to follow).

Norvelle is soft. He’s already lost the locker room. Those kids can’t get out of there fast enough. Hell they’re walking out mid season. Who ever heard of that?

Our lost decade had two really bad years (2013 and 2017); with one really good year in there (2012) and a few other decent years where we finished ranked (2015 and 2016) and most years, we went to a bowl (and won). What made them poor seasons was usually due to absolute ineptitude on offense, as our defense was usually pretty competitive and nationally ranked in those years.

This will be 3 straight losing seasons for them; and 2 of the last 3 with no bowl. They look clueless on offense and defense. No idea what next year will look like for them, but their recruiting class looks terrible and they've hardly been restocking the cupboard the last few years. Most of their best remaining talent is leaving at the end of the year in Wilson and Terry. It'll be a lean few years for them...

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Our lost decade had two really bad years (2013 and 2017); with one really good year in there (2012) and a few other decent years where we finished ranked (2015 and 2016) and most years, we went to a bowl (and won). What made them poor seasons was usually due to absolute ineptitude on offense, as our defense was usually pretty competitive and nationally ranked in those years.

This will be 3 straight losing seasons for them; and 2 of the last 3 with no bowl. They look clueless on offense and defense. No idea what next year will look like for them, but their recruiting class looks terrible and they've hardly been restocking the cupboard the last few years. Most of their best remaining talent is leaving at the end of the year in Wilson and Terry. It'll be a lean few years for them...
Wilson and Terry are both gone already.
Terry is working on his NFL aspirations.
I believe Wilson is injured but has “opted out “.

They’re also losing a starting offensive lineman, for the season.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Wilson and Terry are both gone already.
Terry is working on his NFL aspirations.
I believe Wilson is injured but has “opted out “.

They’re also losing a starting offensive lineman, for the season.

Indeed--had seen that both were sitting out the rest of the season for various reasons. Mentioned the two since both are seniors who've said they are leaving and not coming back (even though the NCAA has given them the option of doing so).

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
:)
Indeed--had seen that both were sitting out the rest of the season for various reasons. Mentioned the two since both are seniors who've said they are leaving and not coming back (even though the NCAA has given them the option of doing so).

Ahhh, Sorry, I need to read slower.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Once they get pasted by ND this weekend and UNC the next...I wouldn't count against some of their few guys who have the ability to go pro starting to opt out and not participate.

Doubt it'll be limited to f$u either...with this season being such a chitshow, teams outside of the top 15 will start seeing their best players opting out to not get hurt or risk getting coronavirus to preserve their draft prospects. Plenty more will play mailing it in and not selling out so as to not get hurt.

My soothsayer abilities were (mostly) right.
They did get plastered by ND, inexplicably won vs UNC, and now all hope is gone...most of their best players are opting out.

maheo30

Lifetime Member

Terry has been a locker room cancer for a while. He has officially left the program entirely. Wilson is a stand up dude who will be assisting in coaching the young guys. He isn’t leaving the program. He is done playing though.

Double Gator Dad

Lifetime Member
I like you (no homo) a lot. You’re a quality poster.

KC was an acquaintance during his playing days. Knew me by name. He was All-SEC, All-America, won 3 SEC Championships (I think) and represented us well in the NFL and in his tv career.

Sorry Diddy.

KC > Diddy

Alex.

I am a big Kevin Carter fan.
He‘s one of the smartest and classiest people that ever played for us.

From the insightful observations he shared during his recruitment through this day he has always been a person I listen to when he speaks

UF needs to get him involved directly with the program because he is a tremendous asset

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Florida St. trying to flip this Butters’ special. Say hello to this unranked diamond in the rough. He committed to SMU over Holy Cross, Morgan St, The Incarnate Word, North Carolina Central, Tennessee St., Georgetown, and Vandy.

2C9BC696-6282-42F0-80CA-49E38C147B23.jpeg

rogdochar

RIP
Lifetime Member

Renegade is missing and Osceola is in the transfer portal.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
I think you're failing to remember 2013 and 2017 very well

fsu has 2 wins. The only other winnable game left on their schedule this year is Duke, who also has 2 wins. That game right now is a coin flip and will result in which team is dead last in the "football powerhouse" ACC. The other team will be next to dead last.

I think as painful as 2013 and 2017 was, we weren't fsu 2020.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Exactly, it's not just that they are terrible and losing, it's that kids are completely bailing on the program right and left. It's going to take untold years to dig out of this kind of mess, and Norvell sure as hell isn't the guy who can do it....NO ONE

I am hearing most Universities are taking HUGE monetary hits. They are dropping smaller sports programs right and left to save money.

Do you really think the State will allow Huge Contracts, Contract Buyouts, Stadium Expansions, "New Football Facilities"?

Where do you think Presidents like Fuchs are going to focus their resources? I know...He told me...It ain't football OH, but it's an ELITE University.

List ALL the "ELITE" Universities. Now list how many are "ELITE" Football Programs.

What is so ironic is how much money and attention the Football Programs usually generate. Steal from the RICH and see where it get's you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.