Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For whatever little it's worth, my family moved to Gainesville in the summer of '89 when I was 13, and my first Gators experience was attending the opening game of the season where we were poleaxed by a garbage Ole Miss team. The power of Kyle Morris just wasn't enough. Got to see Emmitt, at least.

I remember that one. Kyle Morris led the team in tackles, including one that was well out of bounds on the interception return while he was viciously twisting the Ole Miss DBs facemask and earning himself a personal foul on the play. One of the few highlights of the season was watching him race downfield multiple times a game and throw himself into tackling defensive backs. Kyle "The Gambler" Morris. Gator legend.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
For whatever little it's worth, my family moved to Gainesville in the summer of '89 when I was 13, and my first Gators experience was attending the opening game of the season where we were poleaxed by a garbage Ole Miss team. The power of Kyle Morris just wasn't enough. Got to see Emmitt, at least.

Hence, I have a small taste of really lousy Gator football.

I was there as well and remember it vividly. Kirkpatrick was a beast had a ridiculous catch down the middle in that game. How we lost those games, with Smith no less, I haven’t a clue.

Sometimes the posts I see here are eerily similar to what many felt in that first Spurrier season. “We’ll never beat..” or “wait until...”. I had a best friend that I had to drag to the Auburn game that season, because after all, we had no chance in that one. Think we won by 30 points.

Amazing what an extended period of losing or mediocre play will do to a person’s psyche. Feels like we’re coming out of it for the second time in my lifetime.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My dad’s business suffered a downturn that year, so I took 6 months to work and save money to pay for school. I loaded trucks at night for a food, paper and janitorial supply distributor.

During that time I also discovered the CLEP tests and passed a bunch of them, English, math, history, Spanish, biology, etc. I started at UF with 81 quarter hours (54 semester hours), so it worked out rather well.
54! Dang, that's impressive. Congrats!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

:wag:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I was at that game. I left for boot camp a couple of weeks later. That was before the north end zone addition...and it still had the artificial turf.

Edit: my first UF game was vs. Kentucky 1979. We took a 3-0 lead, lost 33-3. Dr. Larry Ochab was the starting QB. I remember, as a 9 year old, running around on the artificial turf field after the game!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was at that game. I left for boot camp a couple of weeks later. That was before the north end zone addition...and it still had the artificial turf.
Yeah, that summer before the season they let you down on the turf to throw the ball around. That all ended once the grass was put in.

I could not believe how hard that turf was and was in disbelief you could play tackle football on it. You might as well play in the middle of the street.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, that summer before the season they let you down on the turf to throw the ball around. That all ended once the grass was put in.

I could not believe how hard that turf was and was in disbelief you could play tackle football on it. You might as well play in the middle of the street.

I probably threw the ball with you. That was a staple.

And yes, it’s amazing how unforgiving it was. From what some players said, ours was one of the better ones too. What a terrible idea Astro turf was. All thanks to the Jews.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Technically two people. The other was responsible for basically all of that “terrible roster”.
It was a terribly unbalanced roster with almost no offensive talent.

Very nice defensive talent though.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Nole fans have written off the season. They're still blaming Jimbo. They don't even have hope for next season. They see a multi-year rebuild.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was a terribly unbalanced roster with almost no offensive talent.

Very nice defensive talent though.

Not a perfect offense by any stretch. But an NFL QB, 2 future NFL running backs, 2 NFL tight ends, a WR so talented he could switch to DB as a pro, and a stout OL, is more than enough to win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This dude is so utterly lost. Will he make it to next season?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
So putting all this together, FSU has found their version of Gary Darnell. watching the second half of that game last night they are pitiful. Like us in 1989.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator