*Florida Vs. Arkansas*

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGorilla;n164509 said:
Our RPI was 73 & Arky was 20 before the game, we are on the cusp but with all the auto bids if we don't have some more convincing wins against the RPI Top 50 a bid will be tough. We do have some chances with RPI GA-24, aTm-35, LSU-37 and of course KY which believe it or not is #2 behind RockChalk

We moved to # 60 after the win and they dropped to # 25 - temporarily until the games are done today.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n164518 said:
I don't think we make the NCAA but who knows if the team gets better and makes a run in the SEC tourney they might. I really would prefer an NIT bid and a deep run in it to one and done in the NCAA.

I think I'd agree. If we get in we will likely be a 14-16 seed. What this team needs is practice

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n164520 said:
I think I'd agree. If we get in we will likely be a 14-16 seed. What this team needs is practice

We would be a 12 or 13 seed probably. I think all the 14 to 16 seeds go to the auto qualifiers usually.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gator Fever;n164523 said:
We would be a 12 or 13 seed probably. I think all the 14 to 16 seeds go to the auto qualifiers usually.
We'd also be a nightmare 13 seed. No one would be happy being a 4 seed looking at BD and this group. And anyone who says they'd rather get an NIT Bid over a real Tournament Bid is crazy (or a troll).

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
lagator;n164528 said:
We'd also be a nightmare 13 seed. No one would be happy being a 4 seed looking at BD and this group. And anyone who says they'd rather get an NIT Bid over a real Tournament Bid is crazy (or a troll).

On second thought you are right. IF, and that is a big if, Florida gets a tourney bid it will mean that this team has figured things out and developed into somewhat the team that we thought they could be on paper.

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
Gator Fever;n164519 said:
We moved to # 60 after the win and they dropped to # 25 - temporarily until the games are done today.

That definetly positions us better...we need a few more big wins and don't lose any where we are favored.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Still too early to be talking tourney, but a win like this has to help their confidence. We've been on the wrong end of too many close ones, so this one feels pretty damned good.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n164484 said:
12-6 with a KY win would probably do it or 12-6 with a couple of SEC tourney wins.

I think we would need to go 12-6 with a KY win AND get a couple of SEC tourney wins. Otherwise Arky is the best win on our resume.

This would require us to go 7-3 down the stretch with 5 of those games against teams currently in the RPI top 50. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hill is often maligned here, and we would certainly be better if he was a decent shooter. I think the bigger issue is the lack of production at center. We need a lot more from both Walker and Horford.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was obviously our best win of the year so far. I thought we battled and beat a very experienced Arkansas team that scores alot of points.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Having to be at a bowling alley for a birthday I had to run back and forth to the bar to see the game. Hustle and Def won the game. FTs almost lost it again but thank GOD MF got that last foul because Michael can shoot FTs. Ark is a well coached team with good ball movement and a legitimate post player. I think they are as good as LSU. 10 in a row now against the hogs.........a win is a win is a win.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
t-gator;n164590 said:
This was obviously our best win of the year so far. I thought we battled and beat a very experienced Arkansas team that scores alot of points.

We played with a lot of fire today, real tough! We pushed through our scoring drought (which happens every game) and continued to play with our heads up. Arky is a fast, physical team. Big step forward for us. Big win. Here's to keeping the momentum going!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n164567 said:
Hill is often maligned here, and we would certainly be better if he was a decent shooter. I think the bigger issue is the lack of production at center. We need a lot more from both Walker and Horford.

Yep, if we had been able to use Egbunu this year it would have taken care of our lack of big presence in the middle issue. We should have had Harris, but unfortunately he did not work out. That's the way the ball bounces sometimes. It's nice to be on the winning end of the last two close games. Go Gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n164468 said:
Ridiculous call by the refs at the end of the game. That was a clean block. Only reason we got that call was b/c of us playing at home.
There was a charge on previous play they scored on that wasn't called. We deserved that break

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The picture in the SUN today shows contact on his arm. They did let a LOT of contact go uncalled, btw Jacob and Horf both drained their FTs. Fla won the game because they quit worrying about all those bricks and played def, It is the best hope for a decent year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n164567 said:

That is a problem also but I think if Hill could shoot that could be more easily overcome. Teams can defend the rest of our team so much easier due to Hill not being a decent shooting threat. I think he is only hitting around 40% so far this season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well we're 1-7 vs. the top 50 right now, which is brutal. But we have plenty of top 50 games left. Two each against UK and TAMU, home vs. Ole Miss, and at LSU. Also a home game vs. Tennessee, which is 58 right now. They're going to have to nut up and beat some quality teams, but the opportunity is there. SEC isn't as down as it usually is this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Donovan was calling out Hill and Walker after the game. Hopefully it will help them wake up.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n165068 said:
That is a problem also but I think if Hill could shoot that could be more easily overcome. Teams can defend the rest of our team so much easier due to Hill not being a decent shooting threat. I think he is only hitting around 40% so far this season.

You can't consistently shoot your way to victory. Hill is shooting a better field goal percentage than Taurean Green did during the first NC year. Not saying he is anywhere close to the player that Green was, but his job would be about 1000 times easier if he had two future NBA all-stars to feed the ball to when we desperately need a bucket.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n165314 said:
You can't consistently shoot your way to victory. Hill is shooting a better field goal percentage than Taurean Green did during the first NC year. Not saying he is anywhere close to the player that Green was, but his job would be about 1000 times easier if he had two future NBA all-stars to feed the ball to when we desperately need a bucket.

He did shoot poor that season but it wasn't as bad as Hill probably because he was a 3 point threat and made 2-3 most games and hit 40% of them he took. Hill has to almost win the lottery to make a 3 point shot so teams can defend us easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.