***Florida vs Vanderbilt BBALL Game Thread***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For those who missed it, see below. Rimmer's attempt was the weakest thing I've ever seen. Looked like Pee Wee Herman trying to go strong.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's still a little ray of sunshine to pump, but that was pathetic last night. Giving up 87 points, at home? Ugh.
Gotta win 2 of the last 3 or make some serious noise in the SEC tourney, like getting to the final, to avoid the NIT.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that these are not his players but based upon his recruiting thus far (he whiffed on 2-3 of the best players in the state), these players are better than what he will get. I hope I am wrong but.........

Yeah, he has to show he can recruit and in order to do that he has to show he can have some success. Right now FSU and UM have better teams than us and coaches that are more established. White needs to find a way to make a splash.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's still a little ray of sunshine to pump, but that was pathetic last night. Giving up 87 points, at home? Ugh.
Gotta win 2 of the last 3 or make some serious noise in the SEC tourney, like getting to the final, to avoid the NIT.

I think you're spot on that we need two of the next three. The committee usually doesn't factor too much into conference tournaments. A deep run may be helpful, but would probably only make a very small difference. Regardless I certainly don't see this bunch making it to Sunday in an SEC final.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For those who missed it, see below. Rimmer's attempt was the weakest thing I've ever seen. Looked like Pee Wee Herman trying to go strong.

Rimmer is terrible.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's a very valid point. I would still like to see this team make the NCAA tournament. It's perception. Kids won't want to play for a perennial NIT team.

The funny part of this is that even if we make the NIT, we cannot host any games due to the renovation which appears to be a major mistake and waste of money that could be applied to sports with a chance to succeed.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep we need to beat LSU and Missouri to make sure we get in for sure. LSU has been pretty bad lately. Hopefully they don't right the ship against us.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The funny part of this is that even if we make the NIT, we cannot host any games due to the renovation which appears to be a major mistake and waste of money that could be applied to sports with a chance to succeed.

Well that sucks. But I disagree with the O'Dome renovations. White may be using the renovations as a recruiting tool. Billy D was using it, and when they stopped the renovations he was upset (supposedly). You can't back out 2 years in a row. However, jacking up ticket prices now is not smart.

At least volleyball and gymnastics have their home matches and meets there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Right now FSU and UM have better teams than us and coaches that are more established
It's beyond pathetic that Leonard freaking Hamilton is a much better option than what we have. Seriously, it's like Foley woke up a few years ago and decided it'd be fun to destroy a stain glass window, just to see what happens.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's beyond pathetic that Leonard freaking Hamilton is a much better option than what we have. Seriously, it's like Foley woke up a few years ago and decided it'd be fun to destroy a stain glass window, just to see what happens.

Leonard Hamilton is an awful coach lol. He hasn't done jack at FSU. Sure, he can recruit but that's only half the battle (plus we know FSU is shady)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Pee wee Herman would make rimmer his prison bitch.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well that sucks. But I disagree with the O'Dome renovations. White may be using the renovations as a recruiting tool. Billy D was using it, and when they stopped the renovations he was upset (supposedly). You can't back out 2 years in a row. However, jacking up ticket prices now is not smart.

At least volleyball and gymnastics have their home matches and meets there.

I can hear the recruiting pitch now....... "We will have this impressive facility for you to play in. It will be great because you will be able to openly communicate with your teammates since it will be mostly empty and the people that are here will be 20 feet further away from the court than they are now." "It will be great for the 2 years I will be here."

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If we beat LSU or KY we are solidly in again...but as of now not looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Not necessarily. We aren't getting in with less than 20 wins after these last 2 home losses. We need 3 more wins minimum. It's becoming a long shot at this point. Lunardi dropped the projected number of SEC teams making the tournament to 5 (had 6 previously) We're now 7th place in the SEC folks.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not necessarily. We aren't getting in with less than 20 wins after these last 2 home losses. We need 3 more wins minimum. It's becoming a long shot at this point. Lunardi dropped the projected number of SEC teams making the tournament to 5 (had 6 previously) We're now 7th place in the SEC folks.
I couldn't disagree more with this. Texas is 18-10 and a 4/5 seed. This is not a normal year. I'm willing to bet if we beat UK and Missouri we are not even on the bubble and might be back to a 7/8 seed. That's way in...still have 9 seeds, 10 seeds, 11 seeds/play in games

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I can hear the recruiting pitch now....... "We will have this impressive facility for you to play in. It will be great because you will be able to openly communicate with your teammates since it will be mostly empty and the people that are here will be 20 feet further away from the court than they are now." "It will be great for the 2 years I will be here."

:exactly:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I couldn't disagree more with this. Texas is 18-10 and a 4/5 seed. This is not a normal year. I'm willing to bet if we beat UK and Missouri we are not even on the bubble and might be back to a 7/8 seed. That's way in...still have 9 seeds, 10 seeds, 11 seeds/play in games

We'll see. Hopefully we beat LSU and UK and won't have to worry about it, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet on it. We were a 10 seed bubble team per Lunardi before the home loss to Vandy, so you can bet we are now first 4 out.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

A win at LSU, loss at home to UK, win at Mizzou, loss in first round SECT, 19-13 final record has zero percent chance of moving us to a 7/8 seed, zero. It will leave us squarely on the bubble and probably out depending on what the rest of the SEC does.

It's not my opinion, check for yourself, as of today ESPN radio said Lunardi currently projects only 5 spots for the SEC. UK, USC and aTm are in. That leaves 2 spots for Vandy, LSU, Ole Miss, UF, and Bama. Basically you can think of Saturday's game as an elimination game for either UF or LSU however the winner is far from guaranteed a spot in.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I agree with that but think we don't match up good with KY at all and must beat LSU and Missouri to get in short of a big SEC Tourney run. You don't think we are in with just a Missouri or LSU win and 1 win in the SEC tourney do you. I think we are left out in that scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator