***Florida vs Vanderbilt BBALL Game Thread***

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
UK is theoretically beatable, but LSU is much more beatable. They're on a 3 game losing streak and should be without their second best player. I like our chances in that one a lot better than against UK, but who knows, maybe you'll actually be right one of these times with your pumper predictions.:dunno:

Lol I am an optimist, what can I say. But seriously, 95% of people predict us to win on Gameday only to say we are terrible after every game. I just don't fold that easily.

I think we have the talent to be a good squad, and we've shown flashes. I just want to see an angry team like we saw vs West Virginia.

And yea of course LSU is more beatable than Kentucky.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy isn't in the same hemisphere with UK in regards to talent and they just beat us like a drum. What have you seen in the past few weeks to lead you to believe we can beat UK...or even keep it close?

It's more about UK being down this year IMO. They literally have a two man show with Ulis (little turd) and Murray (legit). Vandys center and PG are both 1st round picks, and they are stacked with shooters.

I'm not a huge believer in Kentucky this year and think we will have revenge on our mind after they smoked us at Rupp, which was a flukey shooting game IMO.

I'm not saying we are really that good, I just don't think the rest of the SEC is special.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's more about UK being down this year IMO. They literally have a two man show with Ulis (little turd) and Murray (legit). Vandys center and PG are both 1st round picks, and they are stacked with shooters.

I'm not a huge believer in Kentucky this year and think we will have revenge on our mind after they smoked us at Rupp, which was a flukey shooting game IMO.

I'm not saying we are really that good, I just don't think the rest of the SEC is special.
Revenge on our mind? They beat the heart out of us in rupp. We haven't been the same since.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At least we saved a lot of money with the hire. The savings will result in lower ticket prices.

Now excuse me while I kill myself after watching this team play.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone know when the odome renovations will be done? Will it be by the end of next season?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's supposed to be mid next year around when conference play starts

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, and it's a home game which used to mean more than it does of late. A UK win with 19 wins total would be enough. 19 with an LSU road win might be enough, but it might not.

Let's just get this next one. With Hornsby out they are even more just Ben Simmons and a bunch of mediocre players, but they are desperate for a win just like us.

I guess the one good thing about our recent struggles, it really makes each game seem that much more critical.

It's now like a one-loss elimination tournament, earlier than needed. May as well embrace
the increased excitement.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I find it very sad that we have to exhort this team to play hard. Shouldn't playing hard be a given?
I used to think so but now not so much.

… playing hard needs always to be accompanied by playing smart = something
that's got to be "coached-ln" during practices.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
You're right about the link, but it was ESPN radio that said the SEC dropped to only 5 projected in. Of course all of it is just peoples opinions and the committee always throws out some surprises. Finishing the season losing 5 of our last 8 with a first round loss in the SECT would be living very dangerously.

Lets say we beat LSU, lose to UK, beat Mizzou then lose first round of the SECT. Meanwhile LSU loses to us, beats Mizzou, losses to UK but gets 3 wins in the SECT. Who will the committee pick, Ben Simmons star power with a better overall record and 20 wins, or us?

One thing I think we can agree on, a loss at LSU will just about end the discussion.
Lunardi still has us as a 9 seed on his updated bracket today. The play in teams were Tulsa, Butler, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After the last several games, I've lost hope. No fuggin way we beat UK. I can't see us getting a win at LSU, either.
That KY game is going to be embarrassing, not snowballs chance in hell. I don't think we win either one.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That KY game is going to be embarrassing, not snowballs chance in hell. I don't think we win either one.

That's the spirit! Lol

If we can curb stomp W. Va, we can beat UK.

I. I believe. I believe that. I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

Alright, I'm done.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That's the spirit! Lol

If we can curb stomp W. Va, we can beat UK.

I. I believe. I believe that. I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

Alright, I'm done.

:sadnanner:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator