Florida's starting lineup

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[h=2]Florida's starting lineup on offense[/h] From Goldkamp at 24/7
While Florida's offense never ran a play in Saturday's terminated season opener against Idaho, the first-team unit did take the field before the players were ushered off due to lightning. Below is the lineup that was set to start.
QB -- Jeff Driskel
RB -- Matt Jones
WR(X) -- Quinton Dunbar
WR(Z) -- Ahmad Fulwood
WR(Y) -- Latroy Pittman
TE -- Clay Burton
LT -- D.J. Humphries
LG -- Tyler Moore
C -- Max Garcia
RG -- Trenton Brown
RT -- Chaz Green

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just makes me a little nervous that they are taking blocking a little over the ability to produce on offense when you see Jones and Burton starting over Taylor and McGee. Maybe it means nothing with Roper here now but we know what has went on the past few seasons.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our best RB and receiver aren't on the field? Why would that be a surprise to anyone who has actually watched Gator football for the last three years?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n38872 said:
Our best RB and receiver aren't on the field? Why would that be a surprise to anyone who has actually watched Gator football for the last three years?

I hope he isn't as hard headed as before.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
from what little i saw,, they looked ready to play! did me some good to get a glimpse!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n38872 said:

Max protect. Certainly they were going to open up with a pass and it seems like they would want to make it comfortable for Driskel considering he's had red zone issues in the past and hasn't played a meaningful snap in almost a year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would not make much out of who was out there. Not your normal start to a game. The field issue, weather, the delay. Who knows what the play would have been. Would not base anyting on what we saw with that. Tune in next week to find out. If there would not have been the flood, Showers would have scored, but then again it may have been Debose that got the ball. The whole situation changed everything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't make much of it either if we hadn't kept TEs with great hands on the bench and started Clay Burton for the last few years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You can't draw any conclusions under those circumstances. We still haven't seen them take a single snap.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n38941 said:
You can't draw any conclusions under those circumstances. We still haven't seen them take a single snap.

Well I saw what happened with the Taylor situation last season and my eyes tell me Jones has a real slow first step but then again maybe Muschamp truly won't have anything to do with the offense hardly this season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
It was going to be a jump ball to Fulwood
We're not talking about basketball silly

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n39022 said:
If Rudy had played his senior year for champ he would have been a starter.

He played one defensive play and got one sack, that's a pretty good average if you ask me! :dance2:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n39026 said:
He played one defensive play and got one sack, that's a pretty good average if you ask me! :dance2:
He also thought up this play off idea the guy was just ahead of his time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What would a Notre Dame player know about championships (in the post leather helmet era)?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I disagree that we shouldn't put much meaning into the starters who were on the field. At the very least, these guys will get significant playing time this year. Otherwise, why would they be out there for the first play of the year? Which means a slow Matt Jones will take carries away from Taylor and stone hands Burton will take snaps away from McGee who has high round NFL draft potential. The one thing that did make me cry happy tears was that Trip Thurman wasn't in the starting lineup like I saw from many of the projections from beat writers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n39468 said:
I disagree that we shouldn't put much meaning into the starters who were on the field. At the very least, these guys will get significant playing time this year. Otherwise, why would they be out there for the first play of the year? Which means a slow Matt Jones will take carries away from Taylor and stone hands Burton will take snaps away from McGee who has high round NFL draft potential. The one thing that did make me cry happy tears was that Trip Thurman wasn't in the starting lineup like I saw from many of the projections from beat writers.

Hopefully they limit Jones carries some.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched the press conference today and Muschamp said the first play of the game was to be a power run play. Surprise, surprise. My take? We'd just taken the kick return into the red zone and MJ is up to 235lbs, so we put in our best blocking TE and our biggest back for the first power run play of the game. Get used to it folks. Nothing has changed, we still put in the obviously best players suited to the specific play called so the defense never has to guess as to what's coming. Just look at the personnel and adjust the defense according to who we put on the field.

Looks like Muschamp still has his hands in the offense. :suicide:

/sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member