Florida's starting lineup

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n40854 said:
We sure are getting a lot of talk out of the personel that came on the field for a play that was never run.

What else is there to talk about?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n40856 said:
What else is there to talk about?

Why in the heck is Burton starting over McGee... I have a bad feeling about this - as if there is some unknown force at work behind the scenes...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40899 said:
Why in the heck is Burton starting over McGee... I have a bad feeling about this - as if there is some unknown force at work behind the scenes...

We talking about for that first offensive play that didn't happen or for the whole season?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n40909 said:
We talking about for that first offensive play that didn't happen or for the whole season?

We are talking about what it means that Muschamp has Jones and Burton starting over Taylor and McGee and is making statements like the best player in practice that week will get the start probably etc. or words to that effect...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40913 said:
We are talking about what it means that Muschamp has Jones and Burton starting over Taylor and McGee and is making statements like the best player in practice that week will get the start probably etc. or words to that effect...

I think you would love this game this guy is selling:

[video=youtube;Qiw3vVy_eN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8[/video]

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40913 said:

I guess best player for that particular play, situation, or formation doen't matter. Because all of us this board knows the play and personel they needed for that play at that position on the field. Right? A lot of assumptions are being made over personel on the field for a play that we don't know what it was. How do we not know both the players that are being complained about were not better blockers hence why they were in the game. We don't know. The play wasn't run.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n40916 said:
I think you would love this game this guy is selling:

[video=youtube;Qiw3vVy_eN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw3vVy_eN8[/video]
:lmao:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n40917 said:
I guess best player for that particular play, situation, or formation doen't matter. Because all of us this board knows the play and personel they needed for that play at that position on the field. Right? A lot of assumptions are being made over personel on the field for a play that we don't know what it was. How do we not know both the players that are being complained about were not better blockers hence why they were in the game. We don't know. The play wasn't run.

I am making assumptions because I have seen Burton and Jones in action compared to Taylor and McGee and the fact that Muschamp is making comments about who is practicing best that week like he actually thinks it is close who the starter should be.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n40933 said:

Yep I love having 2 SEC losing seasons out of 3 seasons and being 1-5 against our 2 biggest rivals and not having a win against Georgia.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the play was meant to be a pass in the red zone on Driskel's first competitive snap in almost a year, who cares if we brought in the best blocking lineup for that play. Obviously we'd like to see different guys in there for the majority of the snaps, but let's not be so quick to judge one non-play.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From WM's presser "First play was going to be one back power run to the tight end side,with a quick option pass if they played off in coverage". Perfect sense, Jones is our power back whether Fever likes it or not, and Burton is our blocking TE. The receivers on the field were Fullwood, Dunbar and Pittman. Roper is subsequent pressers confirmed the play.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n40955 said:
From WM's presser "First play was going to be one back power run to the tight end side,with a quick option pass if they played off in coverage". Perfect sense, Jones is our power back whether Fever likes it or not, and Burton is our blocking TE. The receivers on the field were Fullwood, Dunbar and Pittman. Roper is subsequent pressers confirmed the play.

Muschamp at press conference 9-1-14 essentially said - "It will be a week to week thing with (Jones and Taylor) those two and who prepares and practices the right way will probably start and it will be a tough decision each week"

Muschamp is still the same as before. I guess the excuse now if people start hollering why isn't Taylor getting more carries when we get to the Bama game is that Jones prepared better in practice even if he starts his runs like he has cement in his shoes still - Probably the same with the Burton - McGee situation also - that McGee didn't block well enough in practice or something..

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40970 said:
Muschamp at press conference 9-1-14 essentially said - "It will be a week to week thing with (Jones and Taylor) those two and who prepares and practices the right way will probably start and it will be a tough decision each week"

Muschamp is still the same as before. I guess the excuse now if people start hollering while isn't Taylor getting more carries when we get to the Bama game is that Jones prepared better in practice even if he starts his runs like he has cement in his shoes still - Probably the same with the Burton - McGee situation also - that McGee didn't block well enough in practice or something..

So you implying that the weather was not a factor in the decision on what the first play would be and what personal to use?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n40972 said:
So you implying that the weather was not a factor in the decision on what the first play would be and what personal to use?

Read the post - I am implying Muschamp is still stuck on things to the detriment of our offense it appears. No sane coach would ever think Jones should be the starter over a healthy Taylor or have Burton in the same ballpark with McGee and starting over him.

"It will be a week to week thing with (Jones and Taylor) those two and who prepares and practices the right way will probably start and it will be a tough decision each week"

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40974 said:
Read the post - I am implying Muschamp is still stuck on things to the detriment of our offense it appears. No sane coach would ever think Jones should be the starter over a healthy Taylor or have Burton in the same ballpark with McGee and starting over him.

"It will be a week to week thing with (Jones and Taylor) those two and who prepares and practices the right way will probably start and it will be a tough decision each week"

So because you saw one non play, you assume that it will be that way for the entire season?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40970 said:

Muschamp is still the same as before. I guess the excuse now if people start hollering why isn't Taylor getting more carries when we get to the Bama game is that Jones prepared better in practice even if he starts his runs like he has cement in his shoes still - Probably the same with the Burton - McGee situation also - that McGee didn't block well enough in practice or something..

I guess the package of who would start couldn't have possibly be changed from the idea we would be starting on our own 20 to 30, to where we were starting a drive in the red zone looking to score. We should stick to the same personel and play regardless of the situation because the those people need to start. Then after that one play, we can switch out the what the situation dictates.

Aren't you the same person that complains that Muschamp isn't changing and doesn't want to change. That he doesn't adjust to the in game situations and conditions. But we should just put players in because they deserve to "start" and play that one play regardless of the situation we are in on that one play.

It's really contradictory.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are people as upset about the personel for a play that didn't happen, as much as the fact that Lito Sheppard couldn't truly be Mr. 2-Bits due to the weather. There is the real tragedy.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n40981 said:
Are people as upset about the personel for a play that didn't happen, as much as the fact that Lito Sheppard couldn't truly be Mr. 2-Bits due to the weather. There is the real tragedy.
Does he get to reschedule even if the game is not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.