Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n39888 said:
Care to place a wager?

As to which? And only if I get o make that horrid avatar disappear.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40649 said:
You are such a groupie but I admit you're growing on me.
I'm not a groupie I've just been actively trying to form a possie. We've got to stick together law !

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40641 said:
You have basically and accurately described the antithesis of the current HC. At no point in the last three years has he done that. Not only does he not adapt to conditions and he obviously does not overcome, he has had one and only one gameplan, hit the line as hard as he can and hope they "get tired of tackling" us in the 4th quarter.

Well it did work for Muschamp in the LSU and FSU games in 2012.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n40664 said:
I'm not a groupie I've just been actively trying to form a possie. We've got to stick together law !

I'm a lone wolf. Divits used to flirt with me before I started picking on his nephew, Jeff Driskle. I rebuffed his advances also.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n40665 said:
You caught me editing.

Yes, I know it worked, but it wasn't an adjustment. It is Big Dumb WM Ball. It's really all he knows and it's thoroughly ingrained in his dog soul.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40673 said:
I'm a lone wolf. Divits used to flirt with me before I started picking on his nephew, Jeff Driskle. I rebuffed his advances also.

this isn't an advance it's an opportunity to join my wolf pack

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So, no fringe benes? At least SQ's team has fringe benes, though I think they are baiting and switching between SQ and Wooble.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Gator Fever;n40665 said:
You caught me editing.

Yes, I know it worked, but it wasn't an adjustment. It is Big Dumb WM Ball. It's really all he knows and it's thoroughly ingrained in his dog soul.
In one of our SEC games last season he went to that Jumbo package stuff when things weren't going well and the team was ready for it and we weren't gaining hardly any yards but we kept trying it for a while. It might have been the LSU game after Murphy got injured.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40676 said:
So, no fringe benes? At least SQ's team has fringe benes, though I think they are baiting and switching between SQ and Wooble.
So we agree your on the team welcome aboard your are officially a bad ass.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
oxrageous;n40070 said:
I think many people are of the opinion that they shouldn't be splitting reps, at least not evenly. I'd be in favor of a 95/5 split KT/MJ.

The real question is would you feel the same way if KT went down with a knee or hip injury in the 5th game after averaging 25 carries a game. Every good team with a strong running game has at least 3 quality backs splitting reps. See UGA, Bama, LSU and so on.
By "level of play" do you mean how it's now practically illegal to tackle somebody?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My Starting Lineup:

WR Reidel Anthony
WR Travis McGriff
LT Zach Piller
LG Ryan Kalich
C Jeff Mitchel
RG Donnie Young
RT Mo Collins
WR Ike Hillard
WR Jacquez Green
QB Danny Wonderful
TB Fred Taylor

Looking forward to the opener with Southwestern Louisiana

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
People like me? In the first place I don't take Muschamps opinion for anything in this discussion nor have I taken his opinion generally into account. I do quote him and use his quotes to illustrate his thinking. And yes I will take Thomas' opinion or Zach's over yours anyday considering they have seen him recently in person, you can think he he has concrete in his shoes and that's fine, but the limited film I've seen on him this off season he's been hitting the hole and line quickly, just as reported. I know you believe that's there some kind of conspiracy by Foley and the media to make WM look good as you've stated repeatedly, but there isn't. And yes in open field a 40 time does mean something, that's why you generally get faster players as Rb's.As far as you're guess, try going back and looking at Roper's offense, this is going to be a running back by committee he likes to spread it around. Oh and by the way, in 2012 jones (in the season he was healthy) averaged 5.3 yds a carry which isn't bad, KT avg 4.6. Both will have improved in strength speed and knowledge of the playbook which no matter what you say does matter. Not to mention an improved OL.Which with 2 main backs who run differently will increase boths yaredage.
The comment " At least the media has the excuse they have to tow the line some in their reporting to keep a little access." proves the fact that you don't have a clue.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
Concrete Helmet;n40166 said:
The real question is would you feel the same way if KT went down with a knee or hip injury in the 5th game after averaging 25 carries a game. Every good team with a strong running game has at least 3 quality backs splitting reps. See UGA, Bama, LSU and so on.

Those teams let their top backs get the most carries by far over the others unless its a real close call like Bama has this season with their RB situation and have had a few seasons recently. Taylor and Jones is not a close call I would think and we have some other backs that should take some carries from Jones to give Taylor relief.
I don't think anyone has even mentioned Lane recently. When he is mentioned, it's as a 5th string behind the freshman.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n40121 said:
:facepalm:
KT will get just as many carries as Jones, or more, throughout the season, and I highly doubt that Burton will get more snaps than McGee this year. No need to worry or complain about this depth chart or first play. It was a very unusual situation Saturday night.

There is a difference between number of carries and number of plays. It has been said many times since Roper arrived that Jones is better out of the backfield as a reciever than KT. This give them more options, so you may very well see him on the field just as much as KT, but I believe KT will have the most carries at the end of the year. However, I believe this depends on what kind of lead we have going into the 4th quarter. If we have a pretty good lead in most games (which is a big if) then you will see more of MJ closing out the game, which will obviously skew the total number of carries even if KT has been the feature back toting the rock the first 3 quarters. IMHO

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40644 said:
As to which? And only if I get o make that horrid avatar disappear.
As to Jones getting more carries than Taylor.

:lol: That could be arranged but I know what I'm picking for you if we do an avatar bet since you seem to like Sheldon so much.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We sure are getting a lot of talk out of the personel that came on the field for a play that was never run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator