Florida's starting quarterback against Tennessee will be decided later in the week

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier needs to just take the job if he is definitely the future. If he is good enough he will and that will end all this. If he isn't and Harris isn't up to the task either then we need to get someone in here who is. No one deserves to just be handed the job if they haven't earned it.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know who the starter is gonna be. It rhymes with Will Grier.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like this. Continue to push both guys and get the best out of both. Grier was far from outstanding against UK. To say Treon has no potential is also ludicrous, he just does things different from Grier. Grier is a better intermediate passer, treon is better down the field. Continue to push both guys Mac. We will need both thru this stretch as I bet Grier is already banged up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n283073 said:
Treon has no potential? That's a pretty sh*tty thing to say about the kid.

His lack of arm strength will always limit him in this offense. He'd be great in a spread-option system. But that isn't what Mac runs. In this system, he is just a backup QB. Remember, there were big time schools that only wanted him as a CB or slot receiver. They didn't want him at all as a QB.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think Harris will start. Mac is not looking at this year. If Treon starts, he will probably either claim the job or make it clear that the job should belong to Grier.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember Treon already has a W over Tennessee. Could play in mentally.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n283073 said:
Treon has no potential? That's a pretty sh*tty thing to say about the kid.

Treon has reached his potential. I'm pretty sure we've seen it. I think Mac has seen it and that's why he didn't start against UK. I'm sure he's working his ass off and maybe Mac is giving a nod to that. Motivating Grier too. Keeping UT guessing, sure. But I would be shocked to see him start. I'd be doubly shocked to see him lead the team for the rest of the year.

G

GaturWrappedBoots

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wont matter who you start, both qbs will see the dirt saturday in the stink you call the swamp. You have no OL, no qb, no run game, receivers. I hear there's a blue out. So everyones gonna be in their jorts saturday??

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n283139 said:
Treon has reached his potential. I'm pretty sure we've seen it. I think Mac has seen it and that's why he didn't start against UK. I'm sure he's working his ass off and maybe Mac is giving a nod to that. Motivating Grier too. Keeping UT guessing, sure. But I would be shocked to see him start. I'd be doubly shocked to see him lead the team for the rest of the year.

Treon can be a terrific QB under Mac. He's developing both. Harris is basically a freshman to since he had no development under you know who last year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GaturWrappedBoots;n283157 said:
It wont matter who you start, both qbs will see the dirt saturday in the stink you call the swamp. You have no OL, no qb, no run game, receivers. I hear there's a blue out. So everyones gonna be in their jorts saturday??

idjut.gif

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n283039 said:
https://bigstory.ap.org/article/08b15...see-later-week
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida's starting quarterback against Tennessee will be decided later in the week.
Although redshirt freshman Will Grier played the entire game at Kentucky, a 14-9 victory Saturday, coach Jim McElwain hasn't committed to giving Grier a third consecutive start when the Gators (3-0, 1-0 Southeastern Conference) host the Volunteers (2-1) on Saturday.
Grier completed 13 of 22 passes for 125 yards, with a touchdown and an interception against the Wildcats. He also ran 12 times for a team-high 61 yards and a score. McElwain says Grier used "his feet as a check down" too often and left plays on the field.
Grier has thrown for 442 yards and four touchdowns. He also has two interceptions and a fumble.
Sophomore Treon Harris has thrown for 269 yards and two scores.

this is just motivation. No way Griers not the starter. Just giving UT more to prepare for. Nothing to see here

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

:bananawave: :ban2:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n283052 said:
We all know damn well Grier is going to start, he's just 1. keeping UT on their toes and 2. trying to motivate Grier. Flip flopping starters yet again so early in the season would be silly, and Mac doesn't strike me as silly.
I think you're right. I think the thing that upset Mac the most is the few times there were open receivers when he decided to run. The protection was so poor at times, it may have caused happy feet.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Dork has an alias?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n283172 said:
Dork has an alias?
Dork is a little more civil, this is definitely one of the inbreds.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Wow I'm sure glad they didn't bench no. 7 after he threw those 3 picks against the kitties when he was a freshman

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

200w.gif

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Butch Jones will find a way to lose regardless of who we have at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.