Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512;n122823 said:
Mullen knows the SEC inside out, can recruit in the south and has 2 rings from Meyer's staff. But Jeremy got his man I guess. We shall see.
The best you can say about Mullen is that he produces generally disciplined teams and solid defenses. He can't recruit and has consistently produced a bottom of the SEC offense. Plus he's a prick that Fooley (and everyone else) hates. Fooley allowed Chimp to say for years that his primary job was cleaning the program up. None of that regime will ever be back.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need all the offensive help we can get. If these guys can win, evaluate talent, and recruit great upside.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TN G8tr;n122950 said:
We need all the offensive help we can get. If these guys can win, evaluate talent, and recruit great upside.

Exactly. I am starting to get my hopes up!!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n122851 said:
The announcment has not even been made yet. Who is raving about him? For most people it was a letdown. Somebody was raving about how many yards they put up until someone pointed out that the entire conference puts up those numbers because of lack of defense. I guess pointing out facts is negative.

Dude, you have to admit, you are one negative SOB.

Somebody also pointed out that in a conference that puts up a lot of yards, he was first among them for two years running. Impressive, no? And of course there is that pesky detail about his O at Bama dismantling our #1 ranked defense on the way to piling up twice the yards that our D had been allowing ALL year. And if memory serves correctly, he piled up some pretty hefty yards and points against us in 2010 & 2011 as well.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n122236 said:
Fever, love ya man but you're just a little too obsessed with what "tier" you deem someone to be in. If you look back in the past 2 weeks, I would guess you've typed that word about 100 times. :lol:

That is because Fever is a broken record. :stickpoke:

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n122969 said:
I am actually a very positive person. But Foley does not have a good track record. So I dont give him the benefit of the doubt like I used to.

Then who stole your username and password?

:stickpoke:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Preview of things to come.

[video=youtube;JB9aMA5Qsj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB9aMA5Qsj8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n122594 said:
Show me. We're the new Mizzu. (No offense, Mizzu.)

This time last year we were going to be running an uptempo spread this year.

Show me. (Or at least start by making us one of the top 10 teams in the SEC.)

Will you quit your bitching until he has a chance to show you?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Alright, what you guys really want to know is... what about his wife.

Let's welcome Karen McElwain. Maybe a notch below some recent wives but she has great taste in shirt colors.

Attachments

• conv_1508.jpg
    conv_1508.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
2 things,
1) I would hit that.
2) wonder if jimbo is shaking in his boots at this hire? Mac has some SEC chops and learned under the best in the biz. could the pendulum be swinging our way?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;122981]Preview of things to come.

[video=youtubeJB9aMA5Qsj8&feature]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB9aMA5Qsj8&feature=youtu.be[/video][/QUOTE]

Interestingly, the playcalling doesn't seem revolutionary or particular imaginative. It just seems like their quarterback can make throws. So if we can get somebody who can come in and develop a quarterback then I think will be okay. It's been a really long time since we had that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really can't complain about the hire. He performed at Alabama and has coached at several big time programs.CSU was 3-9 the year before his arrival. In his 3 years he's gone 4-8, 8-6, 10-2. I'd say that's pretty significant improvement. Also, his offense appears to be pretty fluid, meaning he is pretty adept at molding an offense to his players. It will be interesting to see how he coaches around a lousy OLine, but we'll see soon enough.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n122992 said:
Interestingly, the playcalling doesn't seem revolutionary or particular imaginative. It just seems like their quarterback can make throws. So if we can get somebody who can come in and develop a quarterback then I think will be okay. It's been a really long time since we had that.
That is what a coach does. A HBC allocates the appropriate resources to those areas and prioritizes...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n122993 said:
I really can't complain about the hire. He performed at Alabama and has coached at several big time programs.CSU was 3-9 the year before his arrival. In his 3 years he's gone 4-8, 8-6, 10-2. I'd say that's pretty significant improvement. Also, his offense appears to be pretty fluid, meaning he is pretty adept at molding an offense to his players. It will be interesting to see how he coaches around a lousy OLine, but we'll see soon enough.

This. It's not a flashy hire but it has the "right fit" element to it. He's going to need some time and I don't know if this restless fanbase will give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.