Foley heard rumblings Donovan wasn't happy...

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219129 said:
How much less did he make than the other coaches with 2 NCs?

What do you care? You hate basketball and see no point in us succeeding in the sport.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n219129 said:
How much less did he make than the other coaches with 2 NCs?

On base salary, more than Tom Izzo by just a few 10s of thousands, 2.5 less than Krzyzewski, approx. 580,000 less than Pitino, 250,000 less than Self, and 2.5 less than Calipari. I apologize he wasn't 6th he was 5th on the list.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219141 said:
If you believe he was the 6th best college coach in the nation, then all is good. ESPN didn't.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-billy-donovan

I guess ESPN which has turned into a joke, is the end all be all of sports. I guess when commentators on ESPN were saying Foley should have kept Muschamp, UF should have kept him on. Right?

Salaries aren't just about rankings, it's about negotiations and timing. Should we the Athletic Department renegotiate every contract when other new contracts are written. That is what got us into the Muschamp bs, Foley giving extensions due to a perceived market.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n219147 said:
:rotfl: he did keep him thats why were in the shi! house now!

Donovan is arguably the greatest coach in UF history regardless of sport, but he had been here 19 years. If wanted a raise, i'm sure he would have gotten one. I do think their might be a little truth to the facilities argument, but he wanted to tried the NBA. And a great situation opened up, with a organization that had already been poaching talent from his staff.

Can't he just want to try the NBA instead of their being some controversy behind it.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219144 said:
I guess ESPN which has turned into a joke, is the end all be all of sports. I guess when commentators on ESPN were saying Foley should have kept Muschamp, UF should have kept him on. Right?

Salaries aren't just about rankings, it's about negotiations and timing. Should we the Athletic Department renegotiate every contract when other new contracts are written. That is what got us into the Muschamp bs, Foley giving extensions due to a perceived market.

So now you're comparing salary negotiations with Billy Donovan/his record to Will Muschamp/his record?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219150 said:
Can't he just want to try the NBA instead of their being some controversy behind it
i actually dont have an issue with him going based on what i saw, he looked to be mailing it in anyway, ex: recruiting

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219151 said:
So now you're comparing salary negotiations with Billy Donovan/his record to Will Muschamp/his record?

I'm comparing your used of a poll, and the lack of context to your argument... to the stupidity of signing Muschamp to an extension. So just comparing stupidities of arguments...

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219150 said:
I do think their might be a little truth to the facilities argument...

And that is the only point "I" was trying to speculate on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219156 said:
And that is the only point "I" was trying to speculate on.

They why did you make the salary argument.... because that had nothing to do with facilities... Mr. "I"

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219155 said:
I'm comparing your used of a poll, and the lack of context to your argument... to the stupidity of signing Muschamp to an extension. So just comparing stupidities of arguments...

I didn't make any arguments. And I didn't bring up BD's compensation. You defended him as the 6th or 5th best paid. I merely asked whether you thought he was the 6th best college BB coach. You never answered.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219159 said:
I didn't make any arguments. And I didn't bring up BD's compensation. You defended him as the 6th or 5th best paid. I merely asked whether you thought he was the 6th best college BB coach. You never answered.

That is irrelevant, because I'm not the one with the check book, or doing the negotiations. If the question is where do I think he is, I think he is one of the top basketball coaches in the Nation (pro and college) if not the top. But I don't write contracts, and don't sign the checks.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n219160 said:
I guess not. It's hard following what you're getting at when the speculative article you posted doesn't contain half the quotes you are posting.

The quotes are from the AP newsline archives going back to Dec 14.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219161 said:
That is irrelevant, because I'm not the one with the check book, or doing the negotiations. If the question is where do I think he is, I think he is one of the top basketball coaches in the Nation (pro and college) if not the top. But I don't write contracts, and don't sign the checks.

Nice dance.

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n219109 said:
Yes, it does seem implausible, does it not? The symptoms are everywhere and the disease is Fooley.

I love the fact that he won't pay the going rate for elite coaches, or coaching staffs, and won't upgrade the facilities, but he sure as fvkk pays HIMSELF twice as much as any other SEC AD.

And many here are still more than willing to keep kissing the browneye.

I believe that Donovan was the the fifth highest paid coach in the country. He was being paid that by an athletic department that doesn't really profit off of basketball (unlike the Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina programs that paid their coaches higher).

But remember. We really needed that IPF for recruiting! Even though the Gators just had the third most players drafted in the NFL and the most players in the SEC, we really had that big recruiting problem because our facilities are such garbage. :hehehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.