Foley heard rumblings Donovan wasn't happy...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219164 said:
Nice dance.

So how many coaching contracts did you negotiate for the University of Florida. Do they consult you before a hire?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n219165 said:
But remember. We really needed that IPF for recruiting!
Yes, we need an IPF and massive improvements in the football facilities, and we needed the OConnell center replaced in 90s. The only place Fooley spends money is on himself.

Dec 10, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n219163 said:
The quotes are from the AP newsline archives going back to Dec 14.

But they are not in the article you posted. There's no context between the IPF and other quotes you included in your post and Billy leaving. If you want to pile on Foley, at least present a case (not hard around here) instead of just flinging a bunch of **** at the wall and implying it all means Foley sucks and Billy is leaving because of it.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
TheDouglas78;n219150 said:
Donovan is arguably the greatest coach in UF history regardless of sport, but he had been here 19 years. If wanted a raise, i'm sure he would have gotten one. I do think their might be a little truth to the facilities argument, but he wanted to tried the NBA. And a great situation opened up, with a organization that had already been poaching talent from his staff.

Can't he just want to try the NBA instead of their being some controversy behind it.
FCK NO,. it is all a conspiracy and Foley is the cancer. Where is the Chemo? 0- star DBs and the writing is on the wall. Fla football will soon be Wake Forest of the Sunshine State. Too many chicken littles and not enough "IN all kinds of weather we all stick to.........."

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n219171 said:
Yes, we need an IPF and massive improvements in the football facilities, and we needed the OConnell center replaced in 90s. The only place Fooley spends money is on himself.

Because that IPF has affected our recruiting so immensely. And by immensely I mean we just had the most players of any SEC team taken in the draft .... :rolleyes:

So people bitch and moan that we don't have an IPF decoration. We get said IPF decoration and now people make some stretch argument that it could have delayed the O'Dome, which caused Billy to leave. :facepalm:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n219184 said:
So people bitch and moan that we don't have an IPF decoration. We get said IPF decoration and now people make some stretch argument that it could have delayed the O'Dome, which caused Billy to leave. :facepalm:

Sounds about right. :lol:

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n219172 said:
But they are not in the article you posted. There's no context between the IPF and other quotes you included in your post and Billy leaving. If you want to pile on Foley, at least present a case (not hard around here) instead of just flinging a bunch of **** at the wall and implying it all means Foley sucks and Billy is leaving because of it.

I'm not piling on Foley. I haven't even mentioned him in this thread nor did I say or imply that BD left because Foley (in your words) sucks. Foley, by his own admission, has been looking at coaches to replace BD many weeks prior to the Thunder firing Brooks, addressing rumblings he has heard. Why the rumblings going back to February, while the season was still in play? There were no rumors of NBA openings back then involving Donovan that I recall. So the sudden cancellation of facilities upgrade in February, on the heels of the about face on football fac upgrades in January is just a coincidence? Perhaps. Do you believe that BD was rumbling about leaving in February just because he decided it was now time to try his hand in the NBA? Because he was having the worst season since 97-98? Perhaps. Or maybe, someone got tired of the 2nd class program status and it was the nudge he needed to pursue his NBA dream now instead of later. It's all speculation. But one thing we know for sure (if you believe Foley); the rumblings started long before the Thunder job opened up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it "caused" anything. Billy had the itch, just like SOS had the itch to try the pros. It may have been a factor in him scratching that itch. Billy was promised upgrades or a new center in 1998 and 2000. They never happened. Always on hold. It WILL be a factor in who we hire, just as it has been with our football coaches.

The OC is a joke. There is no excuse. I've been to Rupp. There is NO comparison. Hell, I'm not sure that UK's (and Louisville's) football facilities aren't superior to ours. They definitely seemed newer and more modern.

It's not just IPF. It's training rooms, med shed, dietary, and especially support staff. I've heard that Bama and Auburn's other facilities, including dorms, are incredible. Bama has something like 39 or 40 "quality control coaches", and some claim the number is higher. We have three or four. It's the embarrassing drop ceiling in the coaches office. It's the whole damn wall of wax, not just the IPF. We have CUSA-like facilities. In fact, I'm not sure that a couple of those (Marshall and Rice, facilities not the stadium size) don't have better.

The good news is I've been to OSU and Cincinnati and..... we are much better than Cincinnati. So we have that going for us.

Honestly, I don't see why some of you just don't care that our program is rotting. The absurd thing is thatwe are not Cowbell or UAB who just doesn't have the money to compete. We just choose to wither and die, for no apparent reason.

Dec 10, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n219190 said:
I'm not piling on Foley. I haven't even mentioned him in this thread nor did I say or imply that BD left because Foley (in your words) sucks. Foley, by his own admission, has been looking at coaches to replace BD many weeks prior to the Thunder firing Brooks, addressing rumblings he has heard. Why the rumblings going back to February, while the season was still in play? There were no rumors of NBA openings back then involving Donovan that I recall. So the sudden cancellation of facilities upgrade in February, on the heels of the about face on football fac upgrades in January is just a coincidence? Perhaps. Do you believe that BD was rumbling about leaving in February just because he decided it was now time to try his hand in the NBA? Because he was having a the worst season since 97-98? Perhaps. Or maybe, someone got tired of the 2nd class program status and it was the nudge he needed to pursue his NBA dream now instead of later. It's all speculation. But one thing we know for sure (if you believe Foley); the rumblings started long before the Thunder job opened up.

The upgrades to the O'Dome were delayed because the less involved practice facility we were building would have been completed before summer practices. The new, more involved practice facilitiy will not be complete in time for Summer/Fall practice. They could not start the O'Dome renovations because they need a place to practice in inclement weather. They would have had that but for the larger decoration that everybody howled for that we HAD to have.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mainland_Buc_75;n219190 said:
I'm not piling on Foley. I haven't even mentioned him in this thread nor did I say or imply that BD left because Foley (in your words) sucks. Foley, by his own admission, has been looking at coaches to replace BD many weeks prior to the Thunder firing Brooks, addressing rumblings he has heard. Why the rumblings going back to February, while the season was still in play? There were no rumors of NBA openings back then involving Donovan that I recall. So the sudden cancellation of facilities upgrade in February, on the heels of the about face on football fac upgrades in January is just a coincidence? Perhaps. Do you believe that BD was rumbling about leaving in February just because he decided it was now time to try his hand in the NBA? Because he was having the worst season since 97-98? Perhaps. Or maybe, someone got tired of the 2nd class program status and it was the nudge he needed to pursue his NBA dream now instead of later. It's all speculation. But one thing we know for sure (if you believe Foley); the rumblings started long before the Thunder job opened up.

please show ONE credible link that Foley was looking at coaches to replace BD in Feb. or any time, for that matter, before he left.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n219194 said:
The upgrades to the O'Dome were delayed because the less involved practice facility we were building would have been completed before summer practices. The new, more involved practice facilitiy will not be complete in time for Summer/Fall practice. They could not start the O'Dome renovations because they need a place to practice in inclement weather. They would have had that but for the larger decoration that everybody howled for that we HAD to have.

There is no official mention of the O Dome delay involving the practice facility or need to have inclement weather backup . And yes, I supplied a link ;-)

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/2...renovations-postponed-one-year-florida-gators

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n219195 said:
please show ONE credible link that Foley was looking at coaches to replace BD in Feb. or any time, for that matter, before he left.
Billy was rumored to be willing to leave all year. He was floating balloons about being willing to listen to the NBA and meeting with the OKC owner. Why would Fooley not be "gauging interest" from possible replacements? Would we want him if he wasn't prepared?

I'm as negative about Fooley as it comes and this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Dec 10, 2014

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why do you people keep saying conspiracy? You following coach? Fooley's a cheap ass. No conspiracy. He decides what he's going to do. He says he isn't keeping up with the Joneses and not getting in an arms race. Nothing to do with conspiracy. The boss made the decision to keep the money and give himself raises. No one is alleging any secret conspiracy. If they did, please quote it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n219204 said:
Wait. So now you are relying on the official press release which completely justifies/explains the "sudden cancellation" that you are positing as a conspiracy theory? :headscratch:

Of course not. I'm telling you your statement is incorrect. I posted the official press release as a courtesy.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n219184 said:
Because that IPF has affected our recruiting so immensely. And by immensely I mean we just had the most players of any SEC team taken in the draft .... :rolleyes:

The IPF is only a little bit about recruiting and a lot about missed practice time due to crappy weather. There are a lot of practices cut short or cancelled due to the frequent storms and that is an issue. Now the other facilities like dorms have been known to be far inferior to all of the other schools and i believe that is set to be fixed in the coming years and that is a major recruiting issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator