Foley is a boss

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
An argument can be made that UF hasn't had a good AD in their entire history.

You’re the best, but you know very well how ridiculous that sounds. The gymnastics some here go through to keep this Foley hate alive is hilarious.

He’s CLEARLY the best AD in UF history.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Here’s a second bonus question for the anti-Foley faction:

Name your favorite AD in the 100+ year history of the University of Florida and list their 3 greatest accomplishments.

At an SEC school, an AD only needs ONE accomplishment, so here are the correct answers:

1. Bernie Machen. Technically not AD, but who gives a shyt. Hired 2 NC's
2. Bill Arnsparger. Hired one NC
3. Whoever hired Charley Pell. Sure we landed on probation, but at least we had talent

Fooley. 3 accomplishments. Hired Zook, Mustank and Butters. Kept the athletic facilities at 5 levels below section 8 housing. But to his credit he probably tore tickets better than anyone and those stubs always had perfect edges

Last edited:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At an SEC school, an AD only needs ONE accomplishment, so here are the correct answers:

1. Bernie Machen. Technically not AD, but who gives a shyt. Hired 2 NC's
2. Bill Arnsparger. Hired one NC
3. Whoever hired Charley Pell. Sure we landed on probation, but at least we had talent

Fooley. 3 accomplishments. Hired Zook, Mustank and Butters. Kept the athletic facilities at 5 levels below section 8 housing. But to his credit he probably tore tickets better than anyone and those stubs always had perfect edges

1) Machen, don’t be silly, as you rightly pointed out, he’s not even an AD. But the AD he inherited at UF did win 3 NC’s in football, so you’re warm.

2) Bill Arnsparger. . Florida was Probation U under his watch. He oversaw the mess that was the Vernon Maxwell and Norm Sloan era of UF hoops, on the heels of 80’s football probation, and then oversaw Galen Hall misdeeds (although this was overblown and I actually liked Galen Hall) and more football probation. How did he respond to Norm Sloan’s issues, well, he hired Don freaking Devoe which sent UF hoops into a tailspin that Foley would later rebuild in a fashion that is still stunning to this day. Give the man credit for hiring Spurrier. By the way, he oversaw zero national titles in any sport of significance at UF.

3) For the love of God.... First, UF’s AD during the Charley Pell era was Bill Carr and the two oversaw the most corrupt 5 years of football in program history. We came out of the Pell/Carr era under crippling probation. The NCAA found 59 major infractions, 59! They were both in their jobs for the worst season in UF football history 0-10-1. Pell and Carr were 0-5 versus Georgia. By the way, Foley was 19-6 versus Georgia.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The funniest part about the Fooley suckers was them claiming we'd really miss him when he was gone and being the greatest of all time he was sure to be scooped up as a Conference president.

SEC? Strike one
Big 12? Strike two
Surely CUSA would jump at some of this? Strike three yer out.

Yeah, the rest of the world didn't think much of Fooley either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The funniest part about the Fooley suckers was them claiming we'd really miss him when he was gone and being the greatest of all time he was sure to be scooped up as a Conference president.

SEC? Strike one
Big 12? Strike two
Surely CUSA would jump at some of this? Strike three yer out.

Yeah, the rest of the world didn't think much of Fooley either.
You make a point. Not a single program attempted to hire him away in two decades nor was he offered a job when he "retired" (while hanging over the shoulder of everyone) from UF.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So he's the tallest midget? Even if that's true, it doesn't mean he was a good AD. UF has always had awful AD's, going back to the 19th century.

He’s Andre the Giant amongst midgets in terms of championships and sports domination. Florida was Wake Forest or Tulane before he showed up.

His criticism is deserved in two areas; huge swing and miss on McElwain and Muschamp, and stubbornness and lack of foresight on facilities.

But this outweighs that by miles:

Foley is the only AD in Division 1 history to lead a program that won multiple national titles in football and basketball.

Under his watch, UF became the first school in history to win national titles in football and basketball in the same year.

I could list the ridiculous amount of awards, honors and accomplishments bestowed upon him over his career at UF but it would literally take two pages. The man worked his was up from the ticket office at UF for crying out loud. He’s the greatest AD in UF history, our rivals would do anything for a run similar to his. Put some respect on the man’s name!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zook was just as stupid of a hire as Mullinz. The most hated former assistant at the time of his hire and hired only bc he was buddy with the AD.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The funniest part about the Fooley suckers was them claiming we'd really miss him when he was gone and being the greatest of all time he was sure to be scooped up as a Conference president..

The man is pushing 70 years old and is retired. He’s got some Spurrier-like Ambassador Emeritus gig at UF where he gets to attend women’s volleyball games and eat hotdogs and suck on beers at UF baseball games. Why the hell would he become Mountain West Conference President?

Let it go, haters, let it go. It’s bad for your insides.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell would he become Mountain West Conference President?
That's not the point. Not even the Mountain West came calling. No one EVER came along in 20 years to offer him a job, because he was universally despised nationwide for his legendary arrogance.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He’s Andre the Giant amongst midgets in terms of championships and sports domination. Florida was Wake Forest or Tulane before he showed up.

His criticism is deserved in two areas; huge swing and miss on McElwain and Muschamp, and stubbornness and lack of foresight on facilities.

But this outweighs that by miles:

Foley is the only AD in Division 1 history to lead a program that won multiple national titles in football and basketball.

Under his watch, UF became the first school in history to win national titles in football and basketball in the same year.

I could list the ridiculous amount of awards, honors and accomplishments bestowed upon him over his career at UF but it would literally take two pages. The man worked his was up from the ticket office at UF for crying out loud. He’s the greatest AD in UF history, our rivals would do anything for a run similar to his. Put some respect on the man’s name!

Only Mustank and Butters. What about the Jacka$$ below? Fooley should have been fired 2 minutes after hiring this idiot. I did not need to see Zook as a HC to know he sucked mule dckk as a coach

upload_2020-4-20_21-47-55.jpeg

But I gotta hand it to you b/c you must have some strong ass knees with as much genuflecting as you do at the altar of Fooley.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only Mustank and Butters. What about the Jacka$$ below? Fooley should have been fired 2 minutes after hiring this idiot. I did not need to see Zook as a HC to know he sucked mule dckk as a coach

But I gotta hand it to you b/c you must have some strong as knees with as much genuflecting as you do at the altar of Fooley.

I actually forgot about Zook, and in hindsight, his results were pretty damn good compared to the other two.

Look man, you’re so invested in this f$ckery that you named yourself based on it. That’s some serious devotion there.

I must say, for a Florida fan, that’s a serious burden to rassle with, passionately hating the greatest AD in program history.

Free yourself, young man, free yourself from this burden!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was begging for a Conf pres job.

He took calls, but he told them all to kick rocks, as he clinched two fists showing off 10 shiny championship rings from several sports. He made it clear to everyone who called that he would spend the rest of his days strolling the hallowed streets of Florida’s campus, giving an occasional “I’m the man” nod to the green-eyed coeds, while enjoying suite seats for every single UF sporting event he chooses to attend, from gymnastics to volleyball to the majestic experience of Florida football.

Say it with me and Coach Spurrier; he’s the GREATEST AD in the history of our program.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a second bonus question for the anti-Foley faction:

Name your favorite AD in the 100+ year history of the University of Florida and list their 3 greatest accomplishments.
I'm gonna go with Scott striclin. His biggest accomplishment would be taking over Foleys office

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.