Foley is a boss

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Here's a question for anyone, with no limit to how many times you can answer. Answer correctly and you receive the satisfaction of being correct and maybe @oxrageous will give you some oxbucks ... maybe not ...

Which gatorchatter member sucks lil'foley cock while making pb&j Sammie's with butters'n'nuss?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1)

3) For the love of God.... First, UF’s AD during the Charley Pell era was Bill Carr and the two oversaw the most corrupt 5 years of football in program history. We came out of the Pell/Carr era under crippling probation. The NCAA found 59 major infractions, 59! They were both in their jobs for the worst season in UF football history 0-10-1. Pell and Carr were 0-5 versus Georgia. By the way, Foley was 19-6 versus Georgia.

He also foresaw the largest expansion in facility improvements across all sports, and venue streams in UF history.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He also foresaw the largest expansion in facility improvements across all sports, and venue streams in UF history.

How kind of him. After ravaging the entire athletic department with NCAA probation and national embarrassment, he threw up some soccer bleachers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I have mixed feelings about Carr and Pell. Yes .. they cheated. No denying it. But I wonder if our program ever becomes relevant had they not cheated. We really became a football school in the 80s and they deserve some credit for that. If you lived through the 70s and early 80s as a Gator you might agree with me on that. It sucked being a Gator then and it stopped sucking when we went on probation. Just saying.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How kind of him. After ravaging the entire athletic department with NCAA probation and national embarrassment, he threw up some soccer bleachers.

What do you know of the violations and how they were exposed, as well as how accurate they were. How relevant was UF football before Carr? DC I know you are just pushing you agenda, but if you want to see an impact that is truly relevant today, look at what Carr did. The revenue streams that were introduced. The Percy Beard Track redesign, refresh of the baseball stadium, etc... We do not have the success today, without that foundation.

Soccer was a Foley product by the way due to Title IX. It was just a men's club sport until the women's team came along.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have mixed feelings about Carr and Pell. Yes .. they cheated. No denying it. But I wonder if our program ever becomes relevant had they not cheated. We really became a football school in the 80s and they deserve some credit for that. If you lived through the 70s and early 80s as a Gator you might agree with me on that. It sucked being a Gator then and it stopped sucking when we went on probation. Just saying.
Fooley and Arnsparger wanted to hire some Dwag instead of Spurrier.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We really became a football school in the 80s and they deserve some credit for that. If you lived through the 70s and early 80s as a Gator you might agree with me on that. It sucked being a Gator then and it stopped sucking when we went on probation. Just saying.

This is really true, the first total energy shift to football season started in the 80's. The teams were competitive and we should have at least one more SEC title and played for the National Title if it were not for the University President. The Pell violations while really bad, also were the cost of business in the 80s. We were hit because we were not a blue blood.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is really true, the first total energy shift to football season started in the 80's. The teams were competitive and we should have at least one more SEC title and played for the National Title if it were not for the University President. The Pell violations while really bad, also were the cost of business in the 80s. We were hit because we were not a blue blood.

Bama and the Bear did way worse ... we was just the easy target.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So let’s recap:

Nobody can offer a serious argument that Foley is not the best AD in UF history. The only person who even sorta tried was Ox, and he took the “I’ve lost the argument“ default option by saying “um, they’ve all been bad, we’ve never had a good one.” The rest of you dorks pulled names out of your ass like Bill freaking Arnsparger and “Charley Pell‘s boss.”

I also gave you screwballs the option to pick an AD, anywhere in America, that you would have preferred over Foley-then-Stricklin and you untaught f$cks come back at me with Google search Marquette guy and “surely the Stanford AD is swell.”

Then the “Zook, Butters and Chump” crowd took the conversation in a more sophisticated direction with “NOBODY THINKS FOLEY WAS ANY GOOD BUT YOU” and you should let it go, DC!” A few seconds later, I dropped the Spurrier quote Patriot Missile and a few of the haters actually understood they were wrong, and scurried on outta here.

Look, all can be forgiven if you simply write the words; “DC, you and Spurrier are correct, Foley is the best AD in program history.”

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The 82 team is what turned it around imo. Even though the season turned into a bit of a let down failure, you could see the shift happening. James Jam Jones one handed catch in the endzone still reverberates in my mind. Wayne Peace, Wilbur Marshall, Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton, Dwane Dixon, John Landry ... and some more I can't remember ... they paved the way for what happened in the 90s. And Pell and Carr get credit for it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So let’s recap:

Nobody can offer a serious argument that Foley is not the best AD in UF history. The only person who even sorta tried was Ox, and he took the “I’ve lost the argument“ default option by saying “um, they’ve all been bad, we’ve never had a good one.” The rest of you dorks pulled names out of your ass like Bill freaking Arnsparger and “Charley Pell‘s boss.”

I also gave you screwballs the option to pick an AD, anywhere in America, that you would have preferred over Foley-then-Stricklin and you untaught f$cks come back at me with Google search Marquette guy and “surely the Stanford AD is swell.”

Then the “Zook, Butters and Chump” crowd took the conversation in a more sophisticated direction with “NOBODY THINKS FOLEY WAS ANY GOOD BUT YOU” and you should let it go, DC!” A few seconds later, I dropped the Spurrier quote Patriot Missile and a few of the haters actually understood they were wrong, and scurried on outta here.

Look, all can be forgiven if you simply write the words; “DC, you and Spurrier are correct, Foley is the best AD in program history.”

That's a long post to say you can't disagree with anything said, and have only one stat and a university paid for statement to cover you argument.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So let’s recap:

slurp slurp slurp ... love me some foley weenie ...slurp slurp slurp ... look at my first post on this thread ... slurp slurp slurp”

2228.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't remember who they were after then ... but I do remember it seemed like a no brainer to get SOS but something was holding it up.
I forget who it was now but one of the alumni house basically had to threaten to fire everyone in the AD's office if they did not hire Spurrier.

Buckteeth ran the hiring committee, for some reason. He was about four years removed from selling popcorn.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What do you know of the violations and how they were exposed, as well as how accurate they were. How relevant was UF football before Carr? DC I know you are just pushing you agenda, but if you want to see an impact that is truly relevant today, look at what Carr did. The revenue streams that were introduced. The Percy Beard Track redesign, refresh of the baseball stadium, etc... We do not have the success today, without that foundation.

Soccer was a Foley product by the way due to Title IX. It was just a men's club sport until the women's team came along.

78, I know you’re a really good dude but listen to yourself. You’re a pit bull prosecutor when speaking of Foley, then turn into Johnny Cochran for.... Bill Carr? For starters, Carr was gone quicker than a fart. In and out in 6 years. Foley spent a quarter of a century at Florida. I’m sure, in his brief stint, Carr did some good things. But facts are facts. Y’all wanna lambaste Foley for a few crap hires but do backflips trying to defend Carr for hiring a guy who damn near earned the death penalty.

It’s time to let go of the Foley hate, y’all. Come to the light.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Jeremy Foley once he realized the CSU President was trying to play hardball:

The buyout stare down was a decisive win for Foley and UF: we pay 500k over 6 years (3 million), we pay CSU 2 million for coming to get smoked in the Swamp, McElwain pays 2 million himself. Foley's job is to protect Florida, he did that.

They got 3 million from Florida, and we'll pay them 2 million to get their butts kicked by their former coach in a game where we would have been paying someone else at least a million. So basically Foley got UF off the hook for 3.5 million. Well done!

@JeffBarlis@GatorZoneScott: CSU gets $3M over 6 years, CSU to visit Swamp for $2M & McElwain pays CSU $2M = $7M.

That shows how much McElwain wanted this to happen. He's ponying up 2 million. Foley did his job, saved the University about 3.5 million. That's what great AD's do.

We're paying 3 million over 5 years, we're paying 2 million for them to play in the Swamp. Keep in mind we would have been paying someone else about 1 million for that game anyway, so it's 1 million in new expenses. That puts UF at 4 million on this buyout, down from 7.5 million. McElwain is ponying up another 2 million which in essence is penalty for having a crappy contract to begin with. CSU is satisfied, Foley and Florida are too, thus the deal is done.

We're paying Colorado State 2 million to play in the Swamp, instead of around 1 million for Podunk State University, so it's an additional 1 mill in new expenses. Besides, these championships Mac is going to bring us will make all of this look like chump change.

It's okay for a hand full of posters to constantly run around frothing at the mouth about firing Foley, or for multiple threads to pop up about some unknown SI hack slamming Foley, but my showing pride and support for the AD is met with questioning?

Look, I think we have the best AD in America. The man has had sustained excellence over decades. Are we that divided and jaded that we can't even support the AD without having to duck from incoming? To those who are lecturing me on how I shouldn't be so supportive of Foley, have you also lectured the "fire Foley" crowd on how "extreme" their position is? Or do you agree with that notion?

Slurp. :barfaway:

All the above should really be a huge clue to go ahead and take your defeat and STFU ... but for some reason you keep insisting on being wrong. Maybe you should just go back to gsmb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.