Foley is a boss

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The question is, does that overwhelm his 25 years presiding over a UF athletics championship BOOM?
YES, by leaps and bounds. Tiddlywinks national championships don't justify the complete destruction of the football program. No one gives a crap about the other sports, including basketball.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gosh I can't wait for the day that Fooley is so far gone and removed that he won;t even be a memory. But I got to thinking. Forget about death and taxes, but you know when you own a home in most of Florida the 2 things that you can never rid yourself of are weeds and ants. They been around for a zillion years and will be around another zillion. Why do I get that feeling about Fooley and UF?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Good read. After I vomited, I got to thinking that Fooley had some knack for hiring football coaches didn't he? With a WHIFF % that large, I would have said Fooley was either a weatherman or an economist. The only 2 professions where you can be wrong 80% or the time and keep your job b/c you have to explain why you were wrong for the next few years.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
What's really the most amazing tribute to the man's complete and utter incompetence is that twice he managed to give himself an entire year to find his next coach (in 2010 when he convinced a completely burnt out Meyer to stick around an extra year, and in 2014 when he inexplicably gave Chump another year after going 4-8 and losing at home to an FCS school), and both times he hired unproven clowns. Mind boggling.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question should be asked if Foley walked into the situation that was pre-Car as AD, and with his obviously limited vision for the program. Where would we be now, see pre-1980 UF sports. When the funding exploded, along with the demographics, and other factors. Foley would have benefited from the demographics still and a number of the other factors. But did he have the vision to change the way the athletic department raised funds, to restructure it, to build on the foundation including facilities without being pushed. People forget about the facilities improvements across all sports that were already in the works before Foley came on board (the track, baseball field, etc).

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No one gives a crap about the other sports, including basketball.

I’m with you on the importance of football.

Pop quiz for the board, first one with the correct answer receives 20 bonus Ox Bucks (Ox can’t answer) and a Gator Starter cap autographed by The Original DC.

Who was Florida’s Athletic Director for all three of UF’s football national championships?

Hint* - This person presided over 3 football national titles in 25 years. The program has played 87 other seasons without him as AD and won 0 football championships during that time.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I’m with you on the importance of football.

Pop quiz for the board, first one with the correct answer receives 20 bonus Ox Bucks (Ox can’t answer) and a Gator Starter cap autographed by The Original DC.

Who was Florida’s Athletic Director for all three of UF’s football national championships?

Hint* - This person presided over 3 football national titles in 25 years. The program has played 87 other seasons without him as AD and won 0 football championships during that time.

Very good question and I was always taught to never answer a question with a question. But in this case I will break the rule. What AD has been at the helm when 3 national championships in football were won with 2 different head coaches, yet that one AD had ZERO to do with the hiring of either head coach?????????

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very good question and I was always taught to never answer a question with a question. But in this case I will break the rule. What AD has been at the helm when 3 national championships in football were won with 2 different head coaches, yet that one AD had ZERO to do with the hiring of either head coach?????????

Oh, sorry, INCORRECT answer.

Only one attempt per poster, so you’re out.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All three of those titles were won in spite of Foley, not because of him. He gets ZERO credit for any of the three.

You’re ineligible to answer the question, sir, but that too is INCORRECT. No worries, I’ll send you a Starter cap anyway.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a second bonus question for the anti-Foley faction:

Name your favorite AD in the 100+ year history of the University of Florida and list their 3 greatest accomplishments.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s a second bonus question for the anti-Foley faction:

Name your favorite AD in the 100+ year history of the University of Florida and list their 3 greatest accomplishments.
An argument can be made that UF hasn't had a good AD in their entire history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator