Former Mississippi State DL Coach David Turner to Florida

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017

Now let me walk you through it. You don't finish 10-3 and #7 in the country, against the #20 SoS in the country, with butters' recruits, when half the staff is mediocre and the other half is only "better than mediocre," you stupid fvkk.

With your plethora of knowledge, shouldn't you be coaching somewhere? Who's beating down the door to bring the GC keyboard warrior on board? Yeah, I'll value ispaz's opinion over DM's... :bwahaha:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You keep saying dean is a safety but he was recruited as a corner. And I could see him moving to the nickel or dime but he's never moving to safety

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
How did he miss on Sal, our DL play improved dramatically this year. Sal left to go coach with his son. Was DM supposed to predict that? And even if he could, if he thought bringing the guy on board for one year was worth it, I still trust him more than your sorry ass. Knox coached the best position group on the team, schit for brains. Turner coached the #1 pick in the draft two years ago, and helped MSU to a school record tackles for loss while DM was there. You can break down stats all you like, but stats mean different things at different places. It's why DM came to UF and won games against ranked opponents. Have you forgotten all of your whining about his record against ranked opponents while at MSU?

I'm going to enjoy the next 10 years watching you whine about Mullen, so butthurt over him being mean to you that you can't enjoy all the wins and success to come.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, you've gone fvkking nuts on this. I don't know why. And it's only after we lost that trash the Voles fired. You sure as hell weren't pimping Warren before that.

Dean played poorly at first. McWilliams was nonexistent out there. Warren was the one who no doubt made the depth chart.

You are living in lala land if you think Warren wasn't also responsible for safeties. I've been to many college football practices and the damn CBs and safeties are always running their drills together. Everyone knows that the DBs MOSTLY drill together. You're losing any credibility trying to say that the garbage safeties are entirely on English. Our safeties along with McWilliams and early Dean looked just as pitifuls as the DBs play at UT when Warren was there. When it is repeated at multiple schools, it's a trend not just bad luck.

I guess you can say that Dean progressed some, but in reality his stats improved because everyone realized our safeties and LBs were such garbage in coverage that there is no reason to ever throw at the corners.

The secondary, except CJ and Chauncey were garbage, and the CJ and Chauncey were good before Warren arrived. He is certainly AT LEAST below average as a coach.

Warren may be an above average recruiter, but it seemed like Mullinz had to personally get involved to actually land anyone.

You even admit that Torrian Gray is a clear upgrade. Why are you still even bytching about this? Good fvkking riddance to the guy the Voles fired.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He got a lot of praise but I thought dean was a liability til the very end. Either got beat or held on damn near every target. Blew up the Michigan receiver a full second before the ball got to him and didn’t get flagged miraculously. He’s best suited at safety/nickel imho

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He got a lot of praise but I thought dean was a liability til the very end. Either got beat or held on damn near every target. Blew up the Michigan receiver a full second before the ball got to him and didn’t get flagged miraculously. He’s best suited at safety/nickel imho

Yep Dean cant adjust to a man to man jump ball worth a damn. He should be playing safety. I was surprised Michigan didn't keep throwing more of those.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he did ok as a freshman, and I expect he will be fine no matter where he plays.

Without a doubt, CB is the easiest spot on the field for a true freshman to play. (Others argue RB but true freshman RBs never seem to understand pass blocking.) Dean certainly didn't play spectacularly. It is silly to point to his development as some evidence that the guy who sucked at Voles suddenly became a good DB coach.

You CAN get away with a crappy coach, better recruiter at DB though. However, I see no evidence that Warren is anything special as a recruiter either.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turner has been in the coaching pool for 18 years and seems to have not stayed at any school more than 24 months. Then ends up coaching D-line at UTSA, and that's where we got him from. Was he HBC in waiting at UTSA? I had no idea that San Antonio had a college team. What are they the fighting jackrabbits?
:lol: Roadrunners, but close.
He's actually been coaching since 1986, and he's coached D-Line in the SEC since 2002, minus the one year at UTSA. He was at A&M prior to UTSA and I'm guessing that since he was not retained by Jimbo he had to go out and find a job and UTSA was likely just a place-holder. Don't know the timing of Jimbo letting him go, whether it was before or after NSD, but he wasn't hired by UTSA until Feb. 10, 2018. He simply may not have had a lot of options to coach in 2018. The articles I was pulling up all touted him as a great D-Line coach; like the article on when Sumlin went and got him away from MSU and Mullen back in 2016. He's known as a strong technician and for his run stopping knowledge, which is something our D needs to work on. Solid hire, but nothing splashy.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Now let me walk you through it. You don't finish 10-3 and #7 in the country, against the #20 SoS in the country, with butters' recruits, when half the staff is mediocre and the other half is only "better than mediocre," you stupid fvkk.

With your plethora of knowledge, shouldn't you be coaching somewhere? Who's beating down the door to bring the GC keyboard warrior on board? Yeah, I'll value ispaz's opinion over DM's... :bwahaha:
image000000.jpg

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Ok, now that's cute! LOL

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
How did he miss on Sal, our DL play improved dramatically this year. Sal left to go coach with his son. Was DM supposed to predict that? And even if he could, if he thought bringing the guy on board for one year was worth it, I still trust him more than your sorry ass. Knox coached the best position group on the team, schit for brains. Turner coached the #1 pick in the draft two years ago, and helped MSU to a school record tackles for loss while DM was there. You can break down stats all you like, but stats mean different things at different places. It's why DM came to UF and won games against ranked opponents. Have you forgotten all of your whining about his record against ranked opponents while at MSU?

I'm going to enjoy the next 10 years watching you whine about Mullen, so butthurt over him being mean to you that you can't enjoy all the wins and success to come.

You're right, he's wrong, don't let him rent space in your head for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.