Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer's attitude about freshmen apparently rubbed off on him. I too figured EJ would be starting by now. What Mullen has done with Franks, for all his inadequacies, is nothing short of impressive. He's brought us from behind three times now..
You mean he (Franks) put us behind against terrible teams several times by being ineffective at almost everything.

Im not a Franks hater or.lover but Ox is right, he didnt pass for much or run for much. I have no doubt that many guys on the roster including do two aren't playing quarterback could have done that at least as well.

As for Creyer playing freshman, even back in 08 or so Cryer said that there was no sense and redshirting kids who aren't going to be here. You just hurt yourself.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I don't see anybody "whining " about him shushing the booers. It's moronic to shush your own fans in any case. It's really dumb and he's proven that he's not the smartest football player. Why don't the Franks defenders get off of his dick?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I meant what I said. PE doesn't care if we're 4-8 or 12-0, as long as everyone had a good time. After all, he lived through 0-10-1 so things could always be worse.
He's a tried and true Gator, and more to the point he's accepting of fate. More so than I am. I do think the older you get, the less the wins and losses matter. That probably seems odd. You'll get there someday.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean he (Franks) put us behind against terrible teams several times by being ineffective at almost everything.

Im not a Franks hater or.lover but Ox is right, he didnt pass for much or run for much. I have no doubt that many guys on the roster including do two aren't playing quarterback could have done that at least as well.

As for Creyer playing freshman, even back in 08 or so Cryer said that there was no sense and redshirting kids who aren't going to be here. You just hurt yourself.
Our defense put us behind today.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
In real life, Ox is such a kind and gentle soul. You should read the stuff his wife and friends write about him on FB. You'd think he was Mr. Rodgers or something by the way they gush over his compassionate ways.
For some alien reason, the fangs come out here.
:stirpot::stickpoke:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I don’t think that is what we are dealing with from Franks or Perine. This is Mac remnants. It is exactly the mentality Mac bred. It was then against us. He did it all the time and it led to his departure. This is the remnant.

In the post-game, Mullen expresses his disappointment in this and in Franks’s tweet to Del Rio. Mullen also went out of his way to thank the fans. He is trying to correct Mac’s
This might be the worst thing Mcelwain did while he was here. It makes absolutely no sense to have a mindset of "us against the world", when it includes your own fanbase. These kids are impressionable 18-20 somethings. I don't blame them as much for being so dumb when we all know that this mentality came from the last staff.

And I'm sorry to any Gators that get booed. But you're the QB at the University of Florida. You play really well and you get a statue. You play like a ****ty high school QB, you get your ass booed. Try to suck a little less and you won't hear boos. He needs to have thicker skin or suck less.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He's a tried and true Gator, and more to the point he's accepting of fate. More so than I am. I do think the older you get, the less the wins and losses matter. That probably seems odd. You'll get there someday.
If he is lucky. The funny thing is HE wants a QB with a level head that doesnt get too up or too down or too angry. But is quick with the "what a punk kid he is for behaving like the fans twice his age" I love Ox. He made this great forum so we can all demonstrate our 1. genius 2, love for the gator 3. disdain for awful players and 4. how smart we are by denigrating people we have never met. I love winning football. I love it when we beat our hated rivals...........and here is my secret: I dont get all pizzy at our players when they do not live up to MY standards. They are playing a game they love and are so lucky to wear that orange and blue. They put it on the line in front of 80 thousand live and hundreds of thousands at home. If they falter I will be FCKKDD if I AM going to judge them harshly. THEY are my team my players and what I love to see each fall. I have gotten WAY More joy and happiness watching my gators play basketball and football than I have misery. go gators

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Here's the deal. Is it okay? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

As humans we all love to prove our doubters wrong. Heck, so many people make major decisions in life based solely on proving people wrong. I don't blame any of these young kids for doing something like this. I'm pretty sure I would have done something like that at Franks' age.

Now with all that said, it's still not acceptable and Mullen should deal with it. Bottom line, not okay but completely understandable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he is lucky. The funny thing is HE wants a QB with a level head that doesnt get too up or too down or too angry. But is quick with the "what a punk kid he is for behaving like the fans twice his age" I love Ox. He made this great forum so we can all demonstrate our 1. genius 2, love for the gator 3. disdain for awful players and 4. how smart we are by denigrating people we have never met. I love winning football. I love it when we beat our hated rivals...........and here is my secret: I dont get all pizzy at our players when they do not live up to MY standards. They are playing a game they love and are so lucky to wear that orange and blue. They put it on the line in front of 80 thousand live and hundreds of thousands at home. If they falter I will be FCKKDD if I AM going to judge them harshly. THEY are my team my players and what I love to see each fall. I have gotten WAY More joy and happiness watching my gators play basketball and football than I have misery. go gators
And as long as they had fun, they are ALL winners! :stars:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Hopefully never. Now great play is more important to me, but then great play gets a lot of wins.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018

So where do you think EJ is going to go? What makes you think he is NFL talent?

If EJ is as good or better than Franks by next season, you don't think Mullen is smart enough to start him?

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018

I think those of us 50+ survived some pretty lean and up and down times before Spurrier times. Those significantly younger have come to expect winning teams, and even feel entitled to them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think those of us 50+ survived some pretty lean and up and down times before Spurrier times. Those significantly younger have come to expect winning teams, and even feel entitled to them.
I got a rare facepalm from Chief over my post. I really want to win, and I feel more involved when we do well. That said, it's not life or death like it used to be. I was miserable to be around when we lost. I've gotten a bit more Zen about the losses.

Maybe that's not a good sign. :dunno:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But you told every one of us you loved us most.

(I'm getting suspicious.)
I do, especially PE. He's a good guy, just views things through a different lens. He's used to coaching children, it's a different mindset than big-time college football.

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
I do, especially PE. He's a good guy, just views things through a different lens. He's used to coaching children, it's a different mindset than big-time college football.

Or maybe coaching kids is just a reminder that these are just human beings - kids, or at best young men. To get angry and personally ridicule them is just pointless

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe coaching kids is just a reminder that these are just human beings - kids, or at best young men. To get angry and personally ridicule them is just pointless
Sounds like PE has a kindred soul.

Sometimes life is hard and you get criticized. Hell, it happens to me at my job. You pull up your pants and do better. Do touchy-feely guys like you ever consider that the boos might HELP some of these players? Motivate them? Make them work harder?

Politigator

L-boy's Cousin
BANNED
Oct 5, 2018
I got a rare facepalm from Chief over my post. I really want to win, and I feel more involved when we do well. That said, it's not life or death like it used to be. I was miserable to be around when we lost. I've gotten a bit more Zen about the losses.

Maybe that's not a good sign. :dunno:

Between the Zook years and the last 10 years, I finally decided to get angry about this stuff is stupid. Yes I have an affiliation with the school, but I don't know the players, they don't know me, and don't care about me, nor should they. Whether they win or lose isn't a reflection on me. When we are really good like in Meyer years it comes with baggage (Hernandez and other thugs)

It is entertainment. Getting overly upset when they lose is irrational. Also posting on these boards and seeing people.post has put things in perspective. I first went to GSMB when Zook got beat by Ole miss. I was outraged. Then I saw the mass hysteria online and it looked really ridiculous.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The quote was that I EXPECTED EJ to win the job by now.

Id agree he has looked shaky but everyone looks shaky at first.

I have no faith innthis staff's ability to assess talent though. It is as easy as looking at Toney, DB decisions (29 and 13 playing over 31) and the TEs to see they dont know what the fvkk they are doing and/or play favorites with seniors or kids they like better.
We are what we're going to be offensively which isn't my favorite but most of us knew what it would look like....Mullens gonna sink or swim with it depending on how much talent he can bring in.

TG on the defensive side though won't last IMO....he's a one trick pony that can't produce a top to bottom every down defense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.