Freshman RB Lamical Perine

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like a combination of Travis Henry, Percy Harvin and Lawrence Phillips.

latest
Nobody got going as fast as "Percy Harvey" but I do remember Travis Henry running straight through our defensive line for a long TD.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think Scarlett has the same type skill set as Cook but I don't see him getting nearly the amount of touches Cook does. This is actually a good thing for us as it shows one position on the field where we are stronger than the Clowns....Also if Cook goes down with an injury they lose about half of their offensive effectiveness. Certainly some of our guys do some things better than others but if one or two of them go down it really won't change what we'll do offensively.
He hasn't shown it yet but he didn't have FSU offensive line blocking for him either. Nobody's going to do much without a little more help up front.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to seeing him tote the rock. Perhaps we're not "thin" at RB.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here's to hoping he's not the Mack Brown or Emmanuel Moody of 2016.

Looks like he has a lot of upside.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This guy, if he lives up to his advanced billing, will be a fan favorite. I like it that he lets does his talking with his performance on the field and not with his mouth. We've had quite a few here who were more talking the talk than walking the walk.

To be continues in the Swamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one was particularly excited about Antonio Callaway.
That just isn't true. Callaway and Scarlett were our #1 offensive targets for playmakers (once we fired fvkking Dwagchump).

Conckrite was more of an afterthought, the cherry on the top not the main prize. He is probably the better analogy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here's to hoping he's not the Mack Brown or Emmanuel Moody of 2016.
Mack Brown is still in the pros, just saying. He wasn't bad, we just never had a staff smart enough to give him the rock instead of incessantly "pounding" the middle with Jeff Demps and their other stack of smurfs.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mack Brown is still in the pros, just saying. He wasn't bad, we just never had a staff smart enough to give him the rock instead of incessantly "pounding" the middle with Jeff Demps and their other stack of smurfs.
Ahh yes, practice squad Mack Brown with the Redskins. How could I forget? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Demps and Rainey can't even make a practice squad. Actually Brown is probably getting some reps now that Matt Jones is hurt.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That just isn't true. Callaway and Scarlett were our #1 offensive targets for playmakers (once we fired fvkking Dwagchump).

Conckrite was more of an afterthought, the cherry on the top not the main prize. He is probably the better analogy.
But call away was only a 3* ..... Or so goes the mantra on GatorChatter. :D

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This guy, if he lives up to his advanced billing, will be a fan favorite. I like it that he lets does his talking with his performance on the field and not with his mouth. We've had quite a few here who were more talking the talk than walking the walk.

To be continues in the Swamp.

Whoever made this video couldn't spell "persistent"? JC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But call away was only a 3* ..... Or so goes the mantra on GatorChatter. :D
No, he wasn't. We have done this a thousand times.

So goes the mantra of the 3* lovers.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
24/7 had Callaway as a 3 star (Composite)

Rivals bumped him to a 4 star after the game in which he had 200 receiving yards.

So it depends on which site you use for your argument lol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have proven over and over that rivals is the best of all the sites hands-down. The other ones have nice tidbits of information but when it comes to evaluating players none of them compare to rivals.

24/7 is not terrible. But their composite includes their score, scout, rivals, and ESPN.

Also, they will bump up or down on no discernible schedule. Rivals adjusts their rankings on a scheduled basis. And they compare them to other players in not only in this cycle but against players in previous cycles as well. There's a reason why scout will sometimes have like 50 5* star players.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Demps and Rainey can't even make a practice squad. Actually Brown is probably getting some reps now that Matt Jones is hurt.

This is true (some reps for Mack)... and so is leghumper Keith Marshall and the clown Chris Thompson.
They are already figuring Jones will miss significant playing time this year.
And...they still love Q Dunbar

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
This is true (some reps for Mack)... and so is leghumper Keith Marshall and the clown Chris Thompson.
They are already figuring Jones will miss significant playing time this year.
And...they still love Q Dunbar

Find it odd that the "Defensive Guru" Muschamp didn't realize that Dunbar was a DB the entire time lol

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not the least bit surprised by this. If he gets the opportunity to get double digit carries in a game the staff will have
a hard time keeping him out of the lineup. Seems like a smart kid too. I wonder how he holds up in pass protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.