FSU considering adding Deion Sanders to coaching staff

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If so, they will probably be able to cover, but avoid tackling like Deion avoided class his last semester at F$U.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If it gets him off TV, then more power to them. Dude is annoying as ****

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Couldn't imagine someone who excelled on pure alone talent like Sanders would be a very good coach. He might help in recruiting but hell these kids weren't even born when he last played were they? He might be good enough to get taggart to a .500 career winning percentage after a decade or so at FSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't imagine someone who excelled on pure alone talent like Sanders would be a very good coach. He might help in recruiting but hell these kids weren't even born when he last played were they? He might be good enough to get taggart to a .500 career winning percentage after a decade or so at FSU.
That’s what I was thinking. His world-class speed is what made him great.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
bml.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just can't see him leaving the spotlight. He's called "primetime" for a reason; he likes being in the spotlight. He won't get that as a position coach.... Or he steps on the HC's toes trying to be in charge.

He was a hell of a player, he just doesn't seem like the type to be a position coach.

Isn't his son in college somewhere right now?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He’d have to take commands and coaching from Tag and whoever his D coordinator is going to be. I can’t see deon being told what to do. I just don’t.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Cover beat me to it.

Deon hated tackling. That’s why he can never be the GOAT at corner.

He doesn’t know the first damn thing about tackling.

Alex.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I like it, only because it’s revealing the fall of that school. Reminds me of hiring Charlie Weis. That whole coaching transition there smells like the Muschamp era.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Don't know if he can coach, but he will be a heck of a recruiter. And the fact that the kids don't know him won't matter. It's the personality.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He might help in recruiting but hell these kids weren't even born when he last played were they? He might be good enough to get taggart to a .500 career winning percentage after a decade or so at FSU.

He could go as Leon Sandcastle

2013-Score-Football-Leon-Sandcastle.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Aside - After their game today, Odell Haggins thanked all the assistants including Brad Lawing and Bill Miller.

Joe Kines, a great DC at UF and of course Mickey Andrews were fixtures at F$U after getting nailed in the Pell mess at UF.

I cannot recall a single ex-Nole ever on UF’s coaching staff. Can you?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kids barely know who Michael Jordan is these days. They definitely won’t know who Deion Sanders is. And I highly doubt he’ll leave a cushy job as an analyst to coach under a guy that is unproven like Taggart. Too risky.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I notice you didnt mention dwags and coCaines.

Obvious - Muschamp, Shannon. Bill Miller was at scUM for awhile and claims Ray Lewis on his resume. I’m not one to get too hung up on that. Just noting that a number of critical Nole coaches had UF ties but none have come the other way that I can recall off the top of my head.

Maybe it’s kind of like the golden rule of admissions: No one ever got into UF and rejected by F$U. Ever.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Deion is a media whore. If he can't be mugging in front of a TV camera he won't be happy.
His value as a coach for Taggart won't be that high. IMO, Taggert will be wasting a coaching position
on the guy. The things that made Deion great can't be taught. His innate abilities are what
made him a once in a lifetime player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.