FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody returned punts on us, think we were top 3 in the nation in that category. Block punts sure, that would be nice. But no one really does that anymore.
You’re a furkicking idiot. Teams block punts all the time. I’m beginning to think you’re more of a pumper than Corch.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you ain't got nothing? Weaksauce
You’re a fevcking Tard. Are you wanting me to list all the team in the P5 & G5 that have had a punt block or would you like the list narrowed down to those with a punt block that resulted in a TD?

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
You’re a fevcking Tard. Are you wanting me to list all the team in the P5 & G5 that have had a punt block or would you like the list narrowed down to those with a punt block that resulted in a TD?
Who are the respectable teams that had more blocks?

Maybe I was reading the wrong chart, but we blocked 2 kicks this year? NCAA leader had 5?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who are the respectable teams that had more blocks?

Maybe I was reading the wrong chart, but we blocked 2 kicks this year? NCAA leader had 5?

Houston - 5
Cincinnati - 4
Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 3
Bowling Green - 2
Tennessee - 2
Memphis - 2
Duke - 2
East Carolina - 2
North Texas - 2
Michigan - 2
Notre Dame - 2
Georgia Tech - 2
Miami (OH) - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Arkansas St. - 2
Ohio St. - 2
Alabama - 2
Appalachian St. - 2
Virginia - 1
Washinton - 1
Eastern Mich. - 1
LSU - 1
Kentucky - 1
Kansas St. - 1
Kent St. - 1
Indiana - 1
Hawaii - 1
Fla. Atlantic - 1
Florida - 1
And so on...

NCAA College Football FBS current team Stats | NCAA.com

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Houston - 5
Cincinnati - 4
Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 3
Bowling Green - 2
Tennessee - 2
Memphis - 2
Duke - 2
East Carolina - 2
North Texas - 2
Michigan - 2
Notre Dame - 2
Georgia Tech - 2
Miami (OH) - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Arkansas St. - 2
Ohio St. - 2
Alabama - 2
Appalachian St. - 2
Virginia - 1
Washinton - 1
Eastern Mich. - 1
LSU - 1
Kentucky - 1
Kansas St. - 1
Kent St. - 1
Indiana - 1
Hawaii - 1
Fla. Atlantic - 1
Florida - 1
And so on...

Probably more useful to combine blocked kicks and punts. Florida had 3 total and Cincinnati lead the nation with 10. They were an outlier, though. Tennessee and Bama are teams we like to compare ourselves with on occasion and they both led the SEC with 5. OSU was another 5 block team. Certainly interesting to look at but OTG does have a point - they are not as frequent as they were. I think a more meaningful analysis would be of the return (kick and punt) games to see how we stacked up. I don’t think that would be flattering.

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
Man. A lot of ball licking in here. Norvell? Ineffectual lackluster wimp. His wife is getting banged by a gas station attendant right now. 0-1 against Taggart. 0-2 against that droopy chin Heupel. Recruiting in the top 75? Whew. There really is a sucker born every minute.

Don’t get your mind all twisted up in hindsight bias. They snatched Taggart from Phil Knight. Master recruiter, vaunted gulf coast offense, program builder, do something. What has Norvell done? He’s Stuart Smalley and doggone it, people like his soprano voice and flag football offense.

They should have hired Briles. At least there’s some testosterone in him.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nobody returned punts on us, think we were top 3 in the nation in that category. Block punts sure, that would be nice. But no one really does that anymore.
Damn, I miss Chris Rainey, he was a kick blockiing machine.........He could probably go five yards faster than any human on earth back then.
I’m beginning to think you’re more of a pumper than Corch.
SHut your whore mouth, No one comes close to my thorny crown of gator love and dedication.
Well, they can't fake worth a damn.
we have a winner.........he had a great one last year I think.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Houston - 5
Cincinnati - 4
Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 3
Bowling Green - 2
Tennessee - 2
Memphis - 2
Duke - 2
East Carolina - 2
North Texas - 2
Michigan - 2
Notre Dame - 2
Georgia Tech - 2
Miami (OH) - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Arkansas St. - 2
Ohio St. - 2
Alabama - 2
Appalachian St. - 2
Virginia - 1
Washinton - 1
Eastern Mich. - 1
LSU - 1
Kentucky - 1
Kansas St. - 1
Kent St. - 1
Indiana - 1
Hawaii - 1
Fla. Atlantic - 1
Florida - 1
And so on...

So what you're saying is we've had as many punt blocks as the eventual national champs..LSU :grin:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We should have gotten one in the FSU game. Their blocking for the punter was atrocious.
Overall it’s not that much of a common thing anymore. And sometimes it matters and sometimes not. The 4 teams in the playoffs combined to block a total of 3 punts. Meatchicken blocked us twice in the Peach Bowl last year; didn’t seem to help them much.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Houston - 5
Cincinnati - 4
Nebraska - 3
Penn St - 3
Bowling Green - 2
Tennessee - 2
Memphis - 2
Duke - 2
East Carolina - 2
North Texas - 2
Michigan - 2
Notre Dame - 2
Georgia Tech - 2
Miami (OH) - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Arkansas St. - 2
Ohio St. - 2
Alabama - 2
Appalachian St. - 2
Virginia - 1
Washinton - 1
Eastern Mich. - 1
LSU - 1
Kentucky - 1
Kansas St. - 1
Kent St. - 1
Indiana - 1
Hawaii - 1
Fla. Atlantic - 1
Florida - 1
And so on...

So, are Houston and Cincy in the CFP? Partially kidding. I’d like to see us put more emphasis on blocking punts and kicks. However, being aggressive there has also allowed the mad hatter and others to make us look foolish, including while we had a 2-time MNC coach. It’s a double edged sword. Unless we’re desperate for a big play to swing momentum, I’m okay with allowing zero return yards or TDs.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have zero return yards most months anyway with zero chance of blocking a punt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Man. A lot of ball licking in here. Norvell? Ineffectual lackluster wimp. His wife is getting banged by a gas station attendant right now. 0-1 against Taggart. 0-2 against that droopy chin Heupel. Recruiting in the top 75? Whew. There really is a sucker born every minute.

Don’t get your mind all twisted up in hindsight bias. They snatched Taggart from Phil Knight. Master recruiter, vaunted gulf coast offense, program builder, do something. What has Norvell done? He’s Stuart Smalley and doggone it, people like his soprano voice and flag football offense.

This guy gets it.

Apparently so does this gas station attendant.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Has the racist FSU booster mentioned anything about Norvell in corn rows? I'd imagine he can't be very happy.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has the racist FSU booster mentioned anything about Norvell in corn rows? I'd imagine he can't be very happy.
I honestly don’t know what to think about the failed announcement last Tuesday. They announce a 6 yr contract at a little over $3.5mil. So it’s not like Sexton pulled a great move. Actually looks like FSU may have won that negotiation, or maybe the skeletons are true.

that whole thing Tuesday was fishy, and we may never know. Does FSU have racist boosters? Yes. Does UF have racist boosters? Yes.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
It is desperation, but I bet that money actually goes to football and not some non revenue sport like our administration would do.
That’s some desperate schit...

qsqstnhbmbdblorlrpu3
I was touched by Thrasher's letter so I sent in a contribution
iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member