FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
slevin quoting ox to respond, then quoting him again one post later just to add "ok boomer" is the most millennial thing ive seen all week :grin:

I think it's kinda' cute. It gives the "disenfranchised" Millennial something to feel "empowered" by as they try to desperately avoid the much needed introspection into exactly why they're to blame for their own lot in life. :grin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Apologies for barging in on the coffee klatch, but FSU is nuts if it doesn’t grab Norvell. I think they will.
There is something in that turd’s background that has been scaring teams away. He goes to FSU, it all comes out.

I welcome it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the mystery behind Norvell will be such that it is at least palatable for F$U at this juncture of the coaching search or whatever it is in some way meshes with their culture, pre-existing or evolving? What can you do or have you done that hasn't gotten you jailed and allows you to work amid the NCAA, but heretofore has kept your ceiling and options from an employment standpoint rather low or seemingly frozen? :scratchchin:

In the meantime, these flannel guys that are mentioned remind me of some amalgam of Amish/Pentacostal from Appalachia where dress is concerned. The kids at school that dress in this manner all have a certain ambiguity about them. I pray that their parents are healthy and can work for many more years. I hate the idea of having to host these saprophytes in their stead.
7b80d4482025acf199771483c9f083a4.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is something in that turd’s background that has been scaring teams away. He goes to FSU, it all comes out.

I welcome it.

I don’t want to get into specifics, but I think it’s clear that Norvell runs heroin for the cartels and launders the money through a puppy torturing business and the publishing of his book, “Defense, What Is It Good For?”. You’d think his wife would step in, but I’m guessing she can’t really say much with the Canal Street-style operation she has in Memphis producing high end knockoffs for the uppity crowds through cheap, illegal labor, mostly underage.

Again though, just broad strokes.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don’t want to get into specifics, but I think it’s clear that Norvell runs heroin for the cartels and launders the money through a puppy torturing business and the publishing of his book, “Defense, What Is It Good For?”. You’d think his wife would step in, but I’m guessing she can’t really say much with the Canal Street-style operation she has in Memphis producing high end knockoffs for the uppity crowds through cheap, illegal labor, mostly underage.

Again though, just broad strokes.
Wait, that’s it? He’s hired.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe the mystery behind Norvell will be such that it is at least palatable for F$U at this juncture of the coaching search or whatever it is in some way meshes with their culture, pre-existing or evolving? What can you do or have you done that hasn't gotten you jailed and allows you to work amid the NCAA, but heretofore has kept your ceiling and options from an employment standpoint rather low or seemingly frozen? :scratchchin:

In the meantime, these flannel guys that are mentioned remind me of some amalgam of Amish/Pentacostal from Appalachia where dress is concerned. The kids at school that dress in this manner all have a certain ambiguity about them. I pray that their parents are healthy and can work for many more years. I hate the idea of having to host these saprophytes in their stead.
You get a"like" just for using the word "saprophyte". But, excuse me, wouldn't you be dead or decaying vegetation before you could host them?

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
^ Oops, not so fast...according to The Arkansas Democrat, the above report from FootballScoop.com is fake news:

No surprise that the news of University of Arkansas officials meeting with Memphis Coach Mike Norvell was wrong.

Arkansas Athletic Director Hunter Yurachek has not met with Norvell, nor has anyone from the UA Athletic Department.

Seems the news planted with the website Football Scoop was fake.

According to the website, Norvell had met Thursday morning with someone from the UA Athletic Department, but that is being strongly denied by UA officials.

Norvell reportedly turned down the Ole Miss job almost two years ago.

It has been reported he was up for the Florida job almost two years ago, but his name was dropped from their process.

The University of Florida does not hire head hunters to find coaches. They have coaches vetted.

Norvell, 38, played football at the University of Central Arkansas and has led the Memphis Tigers to a 9-1 record this season.

Kind of an odd little random interjection there, to point out that UF has coaches vetted. Is it just me, or are they insinuating that we dropped Norvell from our coaching search because of something that turned up in the vetting?
We don’t vet ****

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You get a"like" just for using the word "saprophyte". But, excuse me, wouldn't you be dead or decaying vegetation before you could host them?
For most of you swashbucklers, they'd be "parasites." Unfortunately, I fit the host descriptor for the former. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator