FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
FWIW, charter flew from Tallacrappy to Lexington today. Last ditch effort to land Mark Stoops?

Gama Aviation #339 ✈ 2019-Dec-02 ✈ KTLH - KLEX ✈ FlightAware

Bourbon run—- they’re gonna need it.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, I have never failed to catch fish when I fish in LA. But no, mine is on the Pascagoula.
I’d imagine you swing into the shed every now and then? Not the best but good and cool atmosphere. Definitely pay for it though. Never fished that far east but heard it does pretty well. I assume you are one of the bayous fishing backwater?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hail Mary for stoops. Marky stoops :lmao2:
It was always going to be Mark Stoops.

He makes sense. Ties to the Clown Town. He will never win shyt at UK, just fight Mullinz for second at best.

The bad news is he has beaten Mullinz 7.5 of the last 8 quarters with about half the talent. He will never concern Clempson but he is good enough to beat Mullinz obviously.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I’d imagine you swing into the shed every now and then? Not the best but good and cool atmosphere. Definitely pay for it though. Never fished that far east but heard it does pretty well. I assume you are one of the bayous fishing backwater?
The Shed has good BBQ and we've found guests like it probably for the ambiance. Remember that I am ancient and not up for loud music anymore. Our camp is on the river itself and we usually use our bass boat to fish for reds, specks, and flounder between I-10 and the Sound. We shouldn't tie up this thread with personal chat. Good night. Check you all tomorrow.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The Shed has good BBQ and we've found guests like it probably for the ambiance. Remember that I am ancient and not up for loud music anymore. Our camp is on the river itself and we usually use our bass boat to fish for reds, specks, and flounder between I-10 and the Sound. We shouldn't tie up this thread with personal chat. Good night. Check you all tomorrow.
True, we should probably get back to tracking Tallahassee private jets and debating which coach will suck the most for FSU (even though the crappiest on earth probably already passed through there).

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Let's see... If you were a college football coach looking for an upgrade which town would you rather live in?
A) Starkville
B) Fayetteville
C) Columbia
D) Tampa
E) Boston
F) Tallacrappy

sp? on some of the names

I've never been to Starkville nor Columbia so I can't speak to them. I will say that Fayetteville is nice albeit small. At least it was small last time I was there which was probably 2005. My guess is that it's much bigger now. In the 3-4 years I spent going there (2001-2005ish), it had grown like a weed because of Wal-Mart so I imagine that has continued. Not a bad little place to call home if you like the laid back country feel.

The football team, though, will remain challenged because there's just not much talent in Arkansas. Interesting take I heard last week on SEC Network was that ever since TAM joined the conference, Arkansas' recruiting has been even more challenged. I guess the kids that Arky used to pursue and land were the Texas kids that didn't want (or didn't have an scholly offer from) to go to Texas or Oklahoma but would choose Arky over TAM because of the SEC affiliation. Now that TAM has that, too, it has made recruiting worse for the Razorbacks, at least according to the talking head on the TV.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These morons still think it's going to be Bob Stoops, read the comments :rotfl:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

A lower-tier FSU booster told me two weeks ago that he'd heard Bob Stoops was signed, and they were keeping it quiet until the end of the season. I felt bad for him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was always going to be Mark Stoops.

He makes sense. Ties to the Clown Town. He will never win shyt at UK, just fight Mullinz for second at best.

The bad news is he has beaten Mullinz 7.5 of the last 8 quarters with about half the talent. He will never concern Clempson but he is good enough to beat Mullinz obviously.
I think we both thought Mark Stoops was the best they'd get. If they do, I can't wait to see the price tag. He was already at $4.75 million I think, and UK would easily push him to $5.5 or so. Can you imagine FSU having to pay $6 million for that?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lower-tier FSU booster told me two weeks ago that he'd heard Bob Stoops was signed, and they were keeping it quiet until the end of the season. I felt bad for him.
There is absolutely no way they keep that kind of hire quiet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Newberg has been trolling fsu fans over this. He's been saying it will be a while before anything is announced. It is hilarious.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Let's see... If you were a college football coach looking for an upgrade which town would you rather live in?
A) Starkville
B) Fayetteville
C) Columbia
D) Tampa
E) Boston
F) Tallacrappy

sp? on some of the names

Starkville and Fayetteville are both close to great deer hunting. Starkville is closer to LA and the best inshore fishing on the US coast and I have a Lifetime LA hunting & fishing license. Starkville gets my vote.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've never been to Starkville nor Columbia so I can't speak to them. I will say that Fayetteville is nice albeit small. At least it was small last time I was there which was probably 2005. My guess is that it's much bigger now. In the 3-4 years I spent going there (2001-2005ish), it had grown like a weed because of Wal-Mart so I imagine that has continued. Not a bad little place to call home if you like the laid back country feel.

The football team, though, will remain challenged because there's just not much talent in Arkansas. Interesting take I heard last week on SEC Network was that ever since TAM joined the conference, Arkansas' recruiting has been even more challenged. I guess the kids that Arky used to pursue and land were the Texas kids that didn't want (or didn't have an scholly offer from) to go to Texas or Oklahoma but would choose Arky over TAM because of the SEC affiliation. Now that TAM has that, too, it has made recruiting worse for the Razorbacks, at least according to the talking head on the TV.

Fayetteville has grown quite a bite in the last 10 years. It's a nice town right in the Ozarks and is widely considered as one of the better places to live in Arkansas (although the bar is low).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.