FSU hires Cornrow Norvell from bottom feeder Memphis

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I might've suspected the guy is borderline "special" or something (not that there's anything wrong with that), but his profile does say he has a wife and four kids. So he's apparently not some sort of mental invalid. But clearly does not seem to have his other brothers' coaching acumen.

4b4309d214841c88da27353b23e6f0d5.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You don't get an obvious Godfather reference??

:boo:

Geez, the other day we had a guy badmouthing Tombstone on here, and now this. There might need to be a site-wide Man Card audit.

Your original post on Stoops was perfectly played. Well done.

But Tombstone has no business even being in the same sentence or thought as The Godfather. That was my whole point the other day. It’s persistently overrated.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your original post on Stoops was perfectly played. Well done.

But Tombstone has no business even being in the same sentence or thought as The Godfather. That was my whole point the other day. It’s persistently overrated.

iu

Alex.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re starting to piss me off, Sofla.

Don't get me wrong, as far as recent cowboy movies(meaning post-Eastwood and Wayne), it's still probably a Top-5 movie.

But that's mainly because Lonesome Dove was technically a mini-series and they stopped at Toy Story 4.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Didn’t Stoops get out of coaching because he wasn’t happy with the new recruiting rules? Particularly the early signing day?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they get Saban, maybe we can actually win the SEC some again.:grin:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If they promote from within it will be Haggins. Leavitt would get D- Coor
So, you think at this point in their demise they would name a guy with no head coaching experience as head coach?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, you think at this point in their demise they would name a guy with no head coaching experience as head coach?

he’s interim right now and has history with the program. I think it’s more likely than Leavitt.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Touches For Toney (@TouchesForToney) tweeted at 10:36 AM on Wed, Nov 06, 2019:
Taggart was 9-12 at FSU. I hereby pronounce September 12th as Willie Taggart Day.
()

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
This thing just will not die. Word circulating state offices up in here in TallyCrappy is that Ole Bob was seen eating dinner at a restaurant owned by a big FSU booster. Supposedly this booster was one of the major funding sources to allow Willie's buyout. Don't know what the administration is doing, but the fanbase here has takn this hook line and sinker. If it turns out not to be Stoops, they may line up on the bridges for the jump.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thing just will not die. Word circulating state offices up in here in TallyCrappy is that Ole Bob was seen eating dinner at a restaurant owned by a big FSU booster. Supposedly this booster was one of the major funding sources to allow WiLLLLLLLie's buyout. Don't know what the administration is doing, but the fanbase here has takn this hook line and sinker. If it turns out not to be Stoops, they may line up on the bridges for the jump.
Stoops has told at least two people now directly that he's not a candidate. Hard to believe he would do that if he was.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
...and not to be redundant because it's been mentioned 54 times already, but bears repeating yet again: You don't hire DHR International, an expensive executive search firm, if you already have your guy in the bag.
WTF do you need a search firm for? AD's used to get off their fat asses and work the phones themselves. They don't do their jobs anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator