FSU trying to weasel into the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
disagree The SEC could capture the entire state of Florida viewership with both FSU UM The LITTLE10 already captured all of Southern Californi. texasa&m couldn’t stop Texas from being admitted. If the SEC really wants the nolez and canez theyll tell UF too bad So sad.

If you promise to pack a small amount of cannabis oil, I’ll personally pay for your flight to Moscow.

Think about it.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
30 years ago, booby bowden was courting the acc, but he wanted the sec to beg him to join. I was living in tally at the time, and he had no intention of joining the sec. He just wanted to embarrass the sec with his rejection.

Instead, he wanted to join the acc so he could play in a conference where he could dominate weaker teams and play full strength at the end of the season. His logic was that if he could snub the sec and humiliate our conference, he would be a hometown hero while being the saint who vies for a national championship every year.

The sec should wait for f$u to beg to join and reject their plea.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
For heaven's sake don't get obsessed with this guy. He apparently has friends in very high places!
Brits Bitch Please GIF by BRIT Awards
Calm down lizzo

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FsU is now sniffing after the HUGE $$$ the sec attracts. tell em I said to go back to bcchnn about Deon and his cruit stealing..........oh yeah, and to bite my orange and blue arse.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't read any of this. But since FSpew is second on my hate list. I'd love to see them left out of both power conferences with clown hat in hand begging for a tiny potential payday from a worthless non-championship game and withering on the vine. As they turn into the equivalent of a Division 3 school, why should we even bother to play them.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I seriously doubt fsu will ever be let in. They are a small regional fan base smack dab in the middle of sec country. You have 4 sec schools surrounding them. They bring no market. The same ppl that would tune in to watch fsu play an sec team are already tuning in to watch that sec team. I could actually see Miami bc at least it's the sofla market and while the entirety of Florida watches the gators, Miami does bring the Miami area viewership. Fsu is just sol. They just can't offer anything of value.

Totally agree with the facts you present here, but I don’t want scum getting a pay raise via SEC tv revenue any more than free shoes u. I would love to see both programs fade into irrelevance.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I forget that about 87% of the time around here I’ve got to preface my opinions with the fact that I’m black AF :lol:

Wait… what??? Well that totally changes my opinion of you. I used to believe you were one of the better posters here and suddenly, with no solid explanation, I’ve lost all respect for you and I don’t like any of your comments.

Would it be awkward if I asked the mods to ban this guy?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seriously doubt fsu will ever be let in. They are a small regional fan base smack dab in the middle of sec country. You have 4 sec schools surrounding them. They bring no market. The same ppl that would tune in to watch fsu play an sec team are already tuning in to watch that sec team. I could actually see Miami bc at least it's the sofla market and while the entirety of Florida watches the gators, Miami does bring the Miami area viewership. Fsu is just sol. They just can't offer anything of value.

I agree completely
The SEC should expand into new states and markets only.

Financially FSU and Miami bring absolutely nothing to the conference in markets or viewership. Everything I have ever read about ratings in Florida states that viewership of Florida is 4-5 times that of either FSU or Miami so there’s no measurable upside.

As for Florida, why would we concede THE number one advantage we have over the other two?
I’m not sure that even Jeremy Foley is that dumb but then again, Scottie doesn’t seem to be Rhodes Scholar material either so I guess it’s possible.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
disagree The SEC could capture the entire state of Florida viewership with both FSU UM The LITTLE10 already captured all of Southern Californi. texasa&m couldn’t stop Texas from being admitted. If the SEC really wants the nolez and canez theyll tell UF too bad So sad.

You need to brush up on the SEC guidelines for expansion.
There must be near unanimous agreement from the longstanding members to gain admittance.
Texas A$M couldn’t stop Texas because they have no clout (joined in 2014) and they certainly have no alliances with any other conference members.

UF, UGA, and SCAR have an alliance in place to prevent the addition of FSU, Ga Tech, and Clemson already in place.

If UF doesn’t want them in, they won’t get in.
If they are admitted, then we know that the current administration has agreed to it.

Unfortunately, I don’t trust the UF administration to do the right thing.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
There must be near unanimous agreement from the longstanding members to gain admittance.
Texas A$M couldn’t stop Texas because they have no clout (joined in 2014) and they certainly have no alliances with any other conference members.

UF, UGA, and SCAR have an alliance in place to prevent the addition of FSU, Ga Tech, and Clemson already in place.

If they are admitted, then we know that the current administration has agreed to it.

facts 2.jpg

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022

1657488568546.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member