Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When Va Tech joined the ACC, they were initially blocked by UVA. That is until the Va. governor at the time stepped in and told them stop or else. Could a future Florida governor, thinking the clowns being part of the SEC is good for the state, be inclined to do the same thing?
I think that was a case where the acc wanted them but uva didn't. That doesn't apply here. The sec has shown zero signs of interest in anyone but teams that open up new large markets. Think about the last 4 teams we've brought in. All new or expanding markets. Fsu just doesn't have anything to offer.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I think that was a case where the acc wanted them but uva didn't. That doesn't apply here. The sec has shown zero signs of interest in anyone but teams that open up new large markets. Think about the last 4 teams we've brought in. All new or expanding markets. Fsu just doesn't have anything to offer.
I don’t disagree. What you are saying is completely logical and makes total sense. I was talking about the actions of politicians.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t disagree. What you are saying is completely logical and makes total sense. I was talking about the actions of politicians.
A politician has no say or sway in the affairs of the sec. IF the sec wanted fsu and UF was pushing back, and a politician was so inclined, he could at that point influence UF bc it's a state school. But again, that situation isn't applicable at this point. Unless the SEC wants fsu, what some politician wants is irrelevant.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
A politician has no say or sway in the affairs of the sec. IF the sec wanted fsu and UF was pushing back, and a politician was so inclined, he could at that point influence UF bc it's a state school. But again, that situation isn't applicable at this point. Unless the SEC wants fsu, what some politician wants is irrelevant.
Relax Durty, I was making a joke……

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
When Va Tech joined the ACC, they were initially blocked by UVA. That is until the Va. governor at the time stepped in and told them stop or else. Could a future Florida governor, thinking the clowns being part of the SEC is good for the state, be inclined to do the same thing?

Now THAT wouldn't surprise me in the slightest btw. Florida would have to pair up with a different state school--like South Carolina or Kentucky--with a direct interest in keeping an ACC competitor out of the conference in order to avoid political pressure from someone who can withhold funding.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
UNC is the only school in that pathetic conference that would bring anything other than a new market or two, that is actually worth having. UVA might be worth a look due to academics and markets, but even that is questionable due to the overall mediocrity of their sports programs. I know that money talks and all that schytt, but if we screw around and let FSU and scUM finagle their way into the SEC, we will rue the day. The thought of those turds benefitting from the wealth and prestige that comes with being in the SEC makes my skin crawl. Besides, shouldn't there be some sort of facilities requirements for teams seeking entry? I mean, having your own friggin' stadium on campus seems like a pretty reasonable condition for admittance to me.
Oh God yes!!! I cringe thinking I would have to go to the dump in Miami Gardens. Neither FSU or UM bring anything to the table.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Ive always thought UNC would be a great fit in the SEC. Great academics, solid sports program although football has never been great. But fanbase and alumni are similar to SEC profile, imo, and major improvement in bball for the league as well.
:thumbup:
I seriously doubt fsu will ever be let in. They are a small regional fan base smack dab in the middle of sec country. You have 4 sec schools surrounding them. They bring no market. The same ppl that would tune in to watch fsu play an sec team are already tuning in to watch that sec team. I could actually see Miami bc at least it's the sofla market and while the entirety of Florida watches the gators, Miami does bring the Miami area viewership. Fsu is just sol. They just can't offer anything of value.

Double-barreled blast of quality Durty takes.

I have always thought UNC would be a good fit for the SEC. Back in the days before conference realignment became a yearly thing, I used to say we should swap UNC for Vanderbilt, which does not belong in the SEC IMO.

With the addition of The University of Texas and The University of North Carolina, the SEC will be the official conference of THE flagship public universities (i.e. "The University of......") of every state in the South.

Also agree that FSU does not belong. They were good in football for awhile but that's over now. They are a second-tier university that belongs in the second-tier ACC.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If all goes to plan, those heels will spend most of the evening beside her ears
Based on that photo, she'd deserve a major award if she can manage to get those thick thighs pulled back far enough to get her heels beside her ears.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
disagree The SEC could capture the entire state of Florida viewership with both FSU UM The LITTLE10 already captured all of Southern Californi. texasa&m couldn’t stop Texas from being admitted. If the SEC really wants the nolez and canez theyll tell UF too bad So sad.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Double-barreled blast of quality Durty takes.

I have always thought UNC would be a good fit for the SEC. Back in the days before conference realignment became a yearly thing, I used to say we should swap UNC for Vanderbilt, which does not belong in the SEC IMO.

With the addition of The University of Texas and The University of North Carolina, the SEC will be the official conference of THE flagship public universities (i.e. "The University of......") of every state in the South.

Also agree that FSU does not belong. They were good in football for awhile but that's over now. They are a second-tier university that belongs in the second-tier ACC.
The above facts are as obvious as the nose on a clown's face. Plus, the idea of conferring that kind of prestige on those mooks or putting all that coin into their grimy little schytt-smeared hands makes my skin crawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.