FSU trying to weasel into the SEC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I sure as hell dont want FSU or Miami in the SEC as a Gator fan. It definitely would benefit them more than us. I would love nothing more than to see those two programs flail around in mediocrity till I am off this earth. But, if you are looking at it from a strictly business position of trying to put together the most attractive football package to sell to TV/Cable networks, its not an absurd possibility. As much as I hate them, they do have history and could create some high viewership matchups that networks would love.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I sure as hell dont want FSU or Miami in the SEC as a Gator fan. It definitely would benefit them more than us. I would love nothing more than to see those two programs flail around in mediocrity till I am off this earth. But, if you are looking at it from a strictly business position of trying to put together the most attractive football package to sell to TV/Cable networks, its not an absurd possibility. As much as I hate them, they do have history and could create some high viewership matchups that networks would love.

After UF was disgracefully stripped of the 1984 SEC Title because of Doug Dick..(-in the Mouth) Vol AD..who still had the red arse after failing at UF...their was talk of UF leaving the SEC and starting the "Sunshine Conference" with UF, FSU, "U" and others.

It looks like the P5 will become the P4 or P6. If P4, I see 16X4...64 Teams. It might make sense. Though I can't stand Florida clown School U and may hate the "U"...ndesirables even more. At least we would get them back on the schedule every year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
After UF was disgracefully stripped of the 1984 SEC Title because of Doug Dick..(-in the Mouth) Vol AD..who still had the red arse after failing at UF...their was talk of UF leaving the SEC and starting the "Sunshine Conference" with UF, FSU, "U" and others.

It looks like the P5 will become the P4 or P6. If P4, I see 16X4...64 Teams. It might make sense. Though I can't stand Florida clown School U and may hate the "U"...ndesirables even more. At least we would get them back on the schedule every year.
Many folks that are newer in the history of UF may not know of Doug Dick-less and how he lead the charge to strip UF. Disgraceful and from a Gator as well. I will never forgive him or UToothless for what happened in '84. We cannot ever beat them by enough points, inflict misery, or down right kick the living shyt out of them enough. You can't spell TRAITOR & TURNCOAT without the "T".

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Couldn't agree more about Dougie Dikkhead...what a putz.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I didn't ask how it would benefit the SEC if those other schools joined. I asked how it would benefit those other schools.

The question was, if the prestige of being in the SEC is mostly just hype like you're saying, then why would FSU and UM want to join the SEC? What's in it for them, if Bama and UGA are the only truly prestigious SEC programs, and "conference pride" is just some kind of stupid myth?
At this point, the prosecution could rest its case in this on-going spree of nitwit trollery. But please don't. It's just too much fun watching you fillet this goofball to stop now. Carry on.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
At this point, the prosecution could rest its case in this on-going spree of nitwit trollery. But please don't. It's just too much fun watching you fillet this goofball to stop now. Carry on.
I'm just trying to figure out what he's trying to say, that's all.

Even though he claims to be, "a fan of the Florida gators," he seems to want to belittle Florida fans for not liking the idea of UM and FSU joining the SEC.

But at the same time he is saying that outside of Bama and UGA, the SEC is overrated. He thinks, "conference pride is stupid," and disputes the notion that joining the SEC enhances a school's prestige for recruiting purposes.

So if joining the SEC offers no benefit anyway, then rather than mocking his fellow Gator fans for not wanting rival Florida schools to join the SEC, shouldn't he be making fun of the rival schools for wanting to join it in the first place?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Even though he claims to be, "a fan of the Florida gators," he seems to want to belittle Florida fans for not liking the idea of UM and FSU joining the SEC.

But at the same time he is saying that outside of Bama and UGA, the SEC is overrated. He thinks, "conference pride is stupid," and disputes the notion that joining the SEC enhances a school's prestige for recruiting purposes.

So if joining the SEC offers no benefit anyway, then rather than mocking his fellow Gator fans for not wanting rival Florida schools to join the SEC, shouldn't he be making fun of the rival schools for wanting to join it in the first place?
It's just fun to see him being confronted with the goofiness/trolling. He's no doubt good for the hit count though, so I expect he'll be around for a while.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

He's a :nole:

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
I didn't ask how it would benefit the SEC if those other schools joined. I asked how it would benefit those other schools.

The question was, if the prestige of being in the SEC is mostly just hype like you're saying, then why would FSU and UM want to join the SEC? What's in it for them, if Bama and UGA are the only truly prestigious SEC programs, and "conference pride" is just some kind of stupid myth?
whats in it for FSU Mia Clem etc? You ever heard of money?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
whats in it for FSU Mia Clem etc? You ever heard of money?
But according to you the SEC is all smoke and mirrors, and other than Bama and UGA, "the rest of the teams are on par with the rest of CFB give or take." So if that's true then why would FSU, Miami and Clemson make more money from playing the same caliber of competition they're playing now?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But according to you the SEC is all smoke and mirrors, and other than Bama and UGA, "the rest of the teams are on par with the rest of CFB give or take." So if that's true then why would FSU, Miami and Clemson make more money from playing the same caliber of competition they're playing now?

TV Money.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
Tv contract bro do your damn homework before you open your mouth nolagator says it in the post above. Before the CFB playoffs the sec record vs other conferences was bad...you starting to understand now Gordy

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Tv contract bro do your damn homework before you open your mouth nolagator says it in the post above. Before the CFB playoffs the sec record vs other conferences was bad...you starting to understand now Gordy
But..why would an SEC contract be worth more money if all the teams in the conference except for two, "are on par with the rest of CFB give or take"?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Bro...Really?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
But..why would an SEC contract be worth more money if all the teams in the conference except for two, "are on par with the rest of CFB give or take"?

Viewers...NCs Look at the SEC Network...Compare viewership to Big10...Who has even less talent top to bottom.

Look at NC's in the last 10 years...Bama, Humpers, Corn Dogs...and look at the Top 4 every year? And is the South we LOVE CFB. USC is going from $35mil/ yr to $75mil and the Big 10 is even renegotiating.

Soon it will be P4...flush with cash and loads of NIL $$$ and even more talent

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Viewers...NCs Look at the SEC Network...Compare viewership to Big10...Who has even less talent top to bottom.

Look at NC's in the last 10 years...Bama, Humpers, Corn Dogs...and look at the Top 4 every year? And is the South we LOVE CFB. USC is going from $35mil/ yr to $75mil and the Big 10 is even renegotiating.

Soon it will be P4...flush with cash and loads of NIL $$$ and even more talent
Can you stop interrupting please? I am trying to address specifically the points this guy is making while you're speaking in generalities.

blueGATOR

Banned
BANNED
Jul 1, 2022
I’m guessing they have more viewership and a negotiated tv contract that rewards them for that...outside Of BAMA and UGA you txa&m LSU UF ole piss auburn in the next tier...all lost vs other conference teams in the bowl games and txam wouldn’t even show up. UK arky scar won their matchups but they are slighly Above average teams...the conference pride pretty much comes from BAMA UGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator