Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n43052 said:
I prefer to replace terrible generals and continue the war instead of continuing to lose.
If we had changed "Generals" every time we lost a battle, in WW II, all of our top commanders would have been booted. Instead, we tweaked our strategy and won the war. If you read many of my posts, I was correcting something that someone wrote that wasn't true. Many of the comments, especially the ones about Muschamp interferring with the offense, were false and some people just refused to accept the truth.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Ok this is a good one.

"Grengadgy and Alex, We have preserved all of the threads and posts from politics, but we have yet to activate the forum. I hesitate to do this for two reasons. First, this is where the majority of moderation was required. Gators, Bulldogs and Noles are more well behaved then people when they get into political debates. Second, this is the GSMB, if you want to talk politics on the web there are many other viable places.

That being said, we could be convinced to bring it back if there is enough interest. "

Why is this dude lumping us in with the Criminoles and Dogs. Everybody knows we are better. And we are not children. Don't tell me how to behave.
It's actually amusing they say that. The PF was the only forum that didn't need moderation. We self moderated in there. When it got heated, most people elected to take time away, there were largely no problems from the political forum that I remember.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n43227 said:
If we had changed "Generals" every time we lost a battle, in WW II, all of our top commanders would have been booted. Instead, we tweaked our strategy and won the war. If you read many of my posts, I was correcting something that someone wrote that wasn't true. Many of the comments, especially the ones about Muschamp interferring with the offense, were false and some people just refused to accept the truth.

You can't say Muschamp didn't interfere with the offense - he is the head coach after all and stressed his philosophy when he hired his OCs. That is opinion just like the people saying he did lean on the offense to be ran a certain way.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Law and some others may not like it, but, this will continue to be my main hangout and I will continue to support Ox as much as I can, until I get booted out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law and some others may not like it, but, this will continue to be my main hangout and I will continue to support Ox as much as I can, until I get booted out.
We like you here - who would want to boot you out. Even Law is for open discussion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Everyone likes you.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gatorious said:
oxrageous;n43189 said:
Should we tell Swamp82 over there what's going on?

I have been monitoring this development.
There were two replies this morning at different times.

The first reply had a hotlinkl to here. the second, was a reply that contained simply, "they are at Gatorchatter".
It too was soon removed.

They are actively censoring posts.
Well, this has been done. I was simply relaying information.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512 said:
Why did they cancel it to begin with? Because of the fights on the board? I bet I know why they brought it back. Because they missed the hundreds of clicks on their website per day that they had gotten for years but were missing out on the past couple months.
Of course

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;43233 said:

Relax. You're not getting booted out of anywhere. You're a much needed/valued poster as many others.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I didn't mean that I expected to be booted - I was just saying that I don't plan to leave on my own. Thank you though. I have a lot of respect for you guys. I even like Law.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
GIGator;n43227 said:

You can't say Muschamp didn't interfere with the offense - he is the head coach after all and stressed his philosophy when he hired his OCs. That is opinion just like the people saying he did lean on the offense to be ran a certain way.
Of course he establishes a philosophy. I totally agree with it. Having a balanced offense is the goal of any successful coach. There's a difference in setting goals and being on the headset telling the OC what plays to run. We saw what the offense would have looked like in the Miami game. Mistakes cost us the game, but, the game plan was solid and if you take away the mistakes, we would have won the game by 3 or 4 TD's. The wheels started to fall off after the Kentucky game. That's when Pease and Davis almost got in to a physical fight, in front of the players. I hope that the entire story comes out after this season. Coaches look out for each other, even after firing them. Muschamp has taken a lot of heat, by not throwing those two under the bus.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The chutzpah of the Halifax folks is incredible. It's not just what they did in closing the board, it's how they did it. They ignored us with outdated and non-functioning software, managed with a heavy hand, then shut us down without notice accusing us of being "disruptive" (the Hamster thread was priceless). They restart the board with a dishonest explanation about why they shut it and if the posts above are any indication, apparently are moderating with an even heavier hand. And they think we'll all come running back. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I agree they'll likely survive because of the Sun's connection with the school, but they will not thrive. This is a face-saving measure to recover the clicks they've lost. And, judging by the look and feel of that site, it is a half-assed measure at best.

I appreciate all the work that Ox has done creating this board and continue to support this site exclusively. You may rest easy now, Ox. Gatorbreath is sticking around... :thumbup:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There are a total of three posts on the GSMB game thread.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There are a total of three posts on the GSMB game thread.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Scott512 said:
Why did they cancel it to begin with? Because of the fights on the board? I bet I know why they brought it back. Because they missed the hundreds of clicks on their website per day that they had gotten for years but were missing out on the past couple months.
They shut it down because they are losing money at the paper and didn't wish to spend money to upgrade the software from the mid 90s. Then they figured out they needed the hits so they opened up again, even with "anonymous" posters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I'm just hackin' on ya, man. Rubs some dirt on it. It's not personal. Everyone is happy with a win. Very happy.

Hell, I love you even more than usual today.

And FWIW, I have zero input on anything around here or anyplace else, but I'd never try to ban anyone.... except Sid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If they had just been honest, maybe I'd go back. They weren't. They lied about their bs software problems and lack of IT.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
They don't want posts. They have assigned moderating duties to an unwilling staff. The new motto there is "delete, don't moderate". Can you imagine a GS sports staffer being taken away from live game activity in GVL to monitor a thread??

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.