Gainesville Sun Newspaper brings back their sports forum

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara said:
Wow. The balls of these people. They kick every body off. Then Ox does all the hard work, and builds something better. Now they want to jack his sht. Who are these people? I'm not going back. it is obvious that they only people they want are the people who think coach is doing a bang up job. I'm not gong back. I might go back to recruit people to this site. They screwed up. They should live with the consequences of their actions.
:burn:

:owned:

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Anyone try to put a Gatorchatter banner in their sig yet? It would be best if said banner would hotlink to this site, lulz.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
deuce coupe;n42172 said:
I can't believe so many posters are over there acting like everything is fine.

Do you not remember that they kicked us in the collective nuts?

They don't deserve our support and page clicks.

Most shocking is coach9 saying it seems like home!

Perplexed, am I.

Most of those guys still there, are there because they weren't the regular daily posters and didn't feel the loss of the message board like we did. It was the ones that came and contributed every day, or nearly every day, that shutting the board down affected the most, and most of those people migrated here with us. I can only speak for myself, but it was the way they shut down that board with zero notice like a child pitching a temper tantrum that turned me off to the sun. I can't see myself going back so I REALLY hope ox doesn't give up on this board.
I feel like I'm cheating on you when I've posted over there.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n42564 said:
I don't see any reason to even check out their revision work. The Sun basically played the tyranny of the minority card on us. They thanked me for a few decades of clicks and lame article reading with a blank page... the electronic middle finger if you will. As others have stated, all my Gator football season friends are already here, except maybe Okeechobee Joe. Aaron has been a solid online friend. I like rewarding initiative and effort, bootstrap stuff versus crawling back to fake corporate repentance. GSMB is the typical liberal prodigy mandating you act, think and respond as they rule or be punished. I'll stick with the Chatter mavericks and let the drones slink back to momma.

Excellent summary and analogies.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Robbie and Pat need material to help write their articles - that's why it's back up! It's football season and the site goes back up. Coincidence? I think not!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just signed up to this board last night when I found it. Then I come on today and see the announcement about GSMB being "back" online. So I ambled my way over there to see if my login still worked and 'voila!' it does. Interesting though that when I went to my account they have a small banner under my avatar that reads, "Warning Points: 0." Seriously? Warning points? I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Now that I think about it I wonder how many "Warning Points" I have to get before they ban me for calling out Muschamp for the incompetent boob he is and for destroying the football brand name of my alma mater? Should I test it out? The only reason I might visit them is to experiment on how many "Warning Points" I can ring up. There is some serious weed going up some rear ends over there.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
PaulDrake;n42668 said:
I just signed up to this board last night when I found it. Then I come on today and see the announcement about GSMB being "back" online. So I ambled my way over there to see if my login still worked and 'voila!' it does. Interesting though that when I went to my account they have a small banner under my avatar that reads, "Warning Points: 0." Seriously? Warning points? I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Now that I think about it I wonder how many "Warning Points" I have to get before they ban me for calling out Muschamp for the incompetent boob he is and for destroying the football brand name of my alma mater? Should I test it out? The only reason I might visit them is to experiment on how many "Warning Points" I can ring up. There is some serious weed going up some rear ends over there.

Same story/reaction here...'warning points'? WTF.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake said:
Welcome to the only real forum for Gator fans on the interwebs.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would still have them post your podcast Ox. Free advertising for your board.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I see some are using the Chatter Av. Very funny...In case anyone wanted to use this...

Attachments

• conv_651.png
    conv_651.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 47

G8rbob

Jul 6, 2014
GatorInKnox;n42676 said:
I would still have them post your podcast Ox. Free advertising for your board.

The high road is best in my opinion. I think it's obvious they are hoping that peeps will forget. I think I have a few screen shots.

But... I really don't want to waste my time being negative. My time is limited and I choose to spend it being positive and discarding negativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator