Game Plan for Mizzou

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think it should be interesting to see the game plan for the Mizzou game.

I imagine offensively we will definitely be focused on running the ball based on the success that UGA had and using that run to slow down the Mizzou pass rush.

Defensively I am a bit worried because Mauck is a good QB who can make plays with his legs. I'm wondering if they put a spy on him and try to really pressure him to take some of the pressure off the secondary. With the number of pass breakdowns we have had, we need to be really focused against the Mizzou passing attack.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Missouri is better than the Georgia score made them look. Their defense can get major pressure on the QB if you don't get a good running game going early. Our best hope is that QB is reckless with the ball again.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree... I think a healthy Matt Jones will make a big difference in this game... I think we win the LSU game if we have him.

I am also thinking that Treon could be a huge difference maker. I'm really hoping he is the guy with the hot hand and plays the majority of the snaps, we win this game then they have two weeks to prepare Treon to be the main starter against UGA...

It's always nice to grasp at straws.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DRob should have a good game tomorrow.

We need the DLine to dominate.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Missouri actually held up against the run decent in that Georgia game its just Georgia never had to go away from it because Missouri kept turning the ball over. They weren't just lining up and running it with ease on Missouri like I thought they probably did before watching the replay of that game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n81902 said:
Missouri actually held up against the run decent in that Georgia game its just Georgia never had to go away from it because Missouri kept turning the ball over. They weren't just lining up and running it with ease on Missouri like I thought they probably did before watching the replay of that game.

They wore Mizzou out in the second half. We will need to do the same thing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n81904 said:
They wore Mizzou out in the second half. We will need to do the same thing.

True but without turnovers I think that game would have played out a lot different and they could have made Georgia alter their game plan quite a bit. I think this will be a real close game if turnovers are equal.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n81905 said:
True but without turnovers I think that game would have played out a lot different and they could have made Georgia alter their game plan quite a bit. I think this will be a real close game if turnovers are equal.

Which is why we need our DLine to dominant. Then, their QB will be more likely to throw bad passes that we can pick off.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Defensively: Use the 2nd half defense from 2012 Texas A&M game. Offensively just make the plays as they're presented. Hit open receivers. Catch the frickin ball. Try to use Mizzou's aggressive pass rush against them.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
WobbleGator;n81911 said:
Can we use the 2012 players also?

Don't think that is an option. But that game plan will work just fine with this year's players. Should be used anytime you play a short mobile QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Do you honestly believe we have a game plan? Expect a lot of head-scratching as the game goes on, as always.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n81931 said:
Bringing a lot to the table.
Yes, your stuff was great, too. "Catch the frikin ball". Incredibly insightful. It's why we keep you around.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bearing in mind who's in charge. I expect to see some of this tomorrow.

Attachments

• conv_1088.jpg
    conv_1088.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 44

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n81930 said:
Do you honestly believe we have a game plan? Expect a lot of head-scratching as the game goes on, as always.

Alright Ox... so if you could choose the gameplan... what would you do?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n81907 said:
Defensively: Use the 2nd half defense from 2012 Texas A&M game. Offensively just make the plays as they're presented. Hit open receivers. Catch the frickin ball. Try to use Mizzou's aggressive pass rush against them.

Some of that was due to Manziel not having played much prior to that game. Later on in the season when teams tried similar tactics he still made things happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator