Game Reset on Dan Mullen

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet in spite of his poor recruiting, in spite of his unwillingness to part ways with Grantham, he scared the living daylights out of Saban in last year’s SECCG and repeated it a week ago. Saban said as much.

I’d rather have a guy who can coach and recruit, but if I was forced to pick between the two, I’d pick coaching over recruiting. Then I’d tell the guy to go take a Dale Carnegie course or learn a southern accent. I don’t want Kirby Smart leading my team.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
And yet in spite of his poor recruiting, in spite of his unwillingness to part ways with Grantham, he scared the living daylights out of Saban in last year’s SECCG and repeated it a week ago. Saban said as much.

I’d rather have a guy who can coach and recruit, but if I was forced to pick between the two, I’d pick coaching over recruiting. Then I’d tell the guy to go take a Dale Carnegie course or learn a southern accent. I don’t want Kirby Smart leading my team.

Let's hang the banner next to the 2008 NC in BHG.

"Scared the living daylights out of Saban 2020,2021".

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Coaching can't overcome talent deficiencies. Not consistently. An average coach with superior talent is going to be far more successful than an superior coach with average talent.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There you go again... 1991 was our first official SEC Title (no SECCG, but won the conference). 1990 was the "1st in the SEC" due to probation. Dude, your memory is slipping.

My memory? I told you in the OP how I grabbed the info. Did you forget? I went to a site that listed the game by game yearly results with no mention in the results column of the title. Not a chance I would even try and list all that from memory.

No argument here about SOS’ or Meyer’s greatness. This is about Mullen. Rather than continue to nitpick, why don’t you offer an opinion on that subject?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Saban scared of Mullen, LMBO Mullen is what 0 and 9 as a head coach against Saban? Oh year, Saban is trembling, right now he is bribing someone in the SEC scheduling office to make sure Bama doesn't play us again in the regular season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know that’s a slam dunk. The SEC of Spurrier’s era sucked balls. Except for Tennessee. How’s that for bad? :lol:
You mean other than the National Championship Trailerbammer team?

And 13-0 Barn?

And the Ugly teams that only lost to tinerc and us?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This board is full of guys so smart and skilled they should be applying for head coaching positions at major universities.
I’ll bet 99% haven’t even coached at the Midget Football level. And like the donkey
have never had a football uniform on in their entire life.
We are soooo priviledged to hear the words of wisdom from these gifted folks.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he scared the living daylights out of Saban in last year’s SECCG and repeated it a week ago.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Good Lawd, you sound like Alvie.

I've never seen someone overreact so much from Mullinz breaking his home losing streak with a comeback win over a garbage opponent.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You mean other than the National Championship Trailerbammer team?

And 13-0 Barn?

And the Ugly teams that only lost to tinerc and us?

The Bama team that beat Miami (and us en route) in the Sugar Bowl was a great team. 13-0 Auburn came much later, long after Spurrier left Florida. You know what the SEC East was throughout the ‘90s. It was Florida, Tennessee and everyone else. The West wasn’t much better. The West became elite while Mullen was at MSU.

But then, you know all that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Good Lawd, you sound like Alvie.

I've never seen someone overreact so much from Mullinz breaking his home losing streak with a comeback win over a garbage opponent.

Thattaboy. I knew you’d be inspired by this thread. Don’t worry. Mullen’s no imminent threat to the ‘90s, not as long as he recruits like garbage.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This board is full of guys so smart and skilled they should be applying for head coaching positions at major universities.
I’ll bet 99% haven’t even coached at the Midget Football level. And like the donkey
have never had a football uniform on in their entire life.
We are soooo priviledged to hear the words of wisdom from these gifted folks.

giphy.gif

6ZxHhwL.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Bama team that beat Miami (and us en route) in the Sugar Bowl was a great team. 13-0 Auburn came much later, long after Spurrier left Florida..
93 Barn? They were on probabtion.

undefeated.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thattaboy. I knew you’d be inspired by this thread. Don’t worry. Mullen’s no imminent threat to the ‘90s, not as long as he recruits like garbage.
he's no imminent of threat to anyone except Kentucky.

you may want to try to email Alvie and see if he can hook you up with some of those life championship trophies.

or maybe one of the magic scooters trophies for managing 150 yards passing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
he's no imminent of threat to anyone except Kentucky.

you may want to try to email Alvie and see if he can hook you up with some of those life championship trophies.

or maybe one of the magic scooters trophies for managing 150 yards passing.

You do realize I’m as skeptical as you. I think I’ve made that fairly evident in this thread. I simply am interested in some (cough, cough) intelligent perspective on how it is that playing essentially the same schedule, Mullen is only a few games behind the UF legends in the W-L column in spite of his crappy recruiting, in spite of Grantham, in spite of the belt-fed excuse train, in spite of Law riding his ass 24/7.

It really is remarkable how he’s been able to overcome the odds, don’t you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator