Gator band and director attacked after Miami game

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It’s what I described in the game thread when the new cane fan(who turned out to be decent, ftr) mentioned about living in Coral Gables. The vast majority don’t and are absolute inner city trash. They embraced thuggery back in the 80s and it took root with that segment of society. And as bad as their attendance is, they always get credit for “traveling well”, which would seem bizarre. But the reality is, there’s trash all over and so therefore they have a fan base all over. For the most part, truly the dregs of society.

Miami fans were horrible before the thuggery took root on the mid-80’s. I experienced it as a student in 1980 and forward.

It got worse on and off the field under Jimmy Johnson.

I am happy that so many Cane legends were at the game, that Michael Irvin was ESPN’s guest picker and pre-game speaker. (He was SO fired up!) We played so badly, handed them 4 turnovers, and they LOST.

Soak in that suckness, Canes. You’re still a .500 ACC program.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
My daughter was in the Gator Band in the 90s. This is her Facebook post:

EyeDoc's daughter said:
Sadly, this is nothing new. Even back in the late 90s Gator Band was the target of stupid drunk fans. It was scary in some of those stadiums (LSU, Tennessee); even had fans charge at the director with the goalpost after they tore them down at LSU. People around here think it's a good thing that alcohol can now be sold at ACC games in NC but it's just going to result in people getting stupider and more violent.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok. Sooooo there are like about 100 males in the band holding everything from tubas to pointy sticks. They can't take on three drunken Cane douchebags? Just a general question to this group of college football fans, WTF ever happened to maleness in this country? These idiot reprobates desperately needed a lesson to be taught to them. All the "men" in our marching band could do was back away in terror like they were the female lead in some 1930s horror flick.

Charles Mingus is rolling over in his grave right now. He would have thrown all three of these a-holes over the rail and then would've written an insane funeral dirge to commemorate the moment.

Last edited:

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Ok. Sooooo there are like about 100 males in the band holding everything from tubas to pointy sticks. They can't take on three drunken Cane douchebags? Just a general question to this group of college football fans, WTF ever happened to maleness in this country? These idiot reprobates desperately needed a lesson to be taught to them. All the 100 "men" in our marching band did was back away in terror like they were the female lead in some 1930s horror flick.

Charles Mingus is rolling over in his grave right now. He would have thrown all three of these a-holes over the rail and then would've written an insane funeral dirge to commemorate the moment.
Dude, they are in the band for a reason. Next you'll be asking the soccer team to intervene.

Lay with dogs, get fleas. Stop playing these thugs.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, they are in the band for a reason. Next you'll be asking the soccer team to intervene.

I get what you're saying, there are a good number of closeted homosexuals and effeminate Betas in the clarinet and piccolo sections. But trumpet players and drummers need a sufficient amount of healthy male anger and testosterone to play those instruments effectively. If they aren't immediately jumping into the fray, they need to be summarily dismissed from the band.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
scUM's whole ID centers on being a bassazz from da hood, gold rings, gold chains, gold teefes, diamond rings. A lot of scUM fans have always been punk troublemakers and da U has always publicly embraced this sh!t behavior. Looks like the new Manny era will continue the embarrassing tradition with all the shiny bling on the bench.
The men in the Gator band should have beat the crap out of the scUM thugs - especially when they saw their own Band Director get attacked by these sh@ts.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

Lay with dogs, get fleas. Stop playing these thugs.
I just have to comment on this. My brother was a Gator Band member (trombone) . Back then he was 6'6" and not a bit pudgy. Didn't hesitate to get in your face. At a Auburn home game we lost on a horrible call, he stood up in the stands challenging all 80000 war eagle fans to come discuss the outcome. Don't paint with a broad brush all the time. I am sure he would have acquitted himself well in the situation on Saturday.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I just have to comment on this. My brother was a Gator Band member (trombone) . Back then he was 6'6" and not a bit pudgy. Didn't hesitate to get in your face. At a Auburn home game we lost on a horrible call, he stood up in the stands challenging all 80000 war eagle fans to come discuss the outcome. Don't paint with a broad brush all the time. I am sure he would have acquitted himself well in the situation on Saturday.
Then he should be put in charge of the band immediately.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
scUM's whole ID centers on being a bassazz from da hood, gold rings, gold chains, gold teefes, diamond rings. A lot of scUM fans have always been punk troublemakers and da U has always publicly embraced this sh!t behavior. Looks like the new Manny era will continue the embarrassing tradition with all the shiny bling on the bench.

All it takes is an orange tank too from Walmart, some hair bleach, costume jewelry and a very trashy mouth.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's absolute Horse Shyt. I would hope someone in the Gator Band started kicking some azz. You have a potential weapon in your hand, use it. There's only like 200 hundred of you. The headline should have read......"Potential attack on Gator Band Thwarted. Band retaliates, sends UM Fans to ER".

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Been a looooong time ago but I know firsthand what a trumpet can do to a person's head..... Damn thing's still bent too. Talking middle school here, Maybe 75 or 76.
If you hold the bell and catch them with the valve tubes they may not get up for a few minutes. Mouthpiece leaves a nice dent too
If I can find it I'll post a pic of the damage.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
First off, this is obvious MIami behavior only egged on by the dainty downward wrist, illegible, false wealth bragging UM TD rings and turnover chain.

But, at the same time, I’ve witnessed some of this band parade, walkway blocking, ******** personally. My brother is a big ND fam, so my fiancé and I went to watch the domers versus FSU in tally (fun to watch FSU lose). My now wife and I were wearing very obnoxious (and justified) anti-clown shirts in bright orange and blue.

Anyway, we are crossing one of the concrete planked areas from a bathroom or something and a ND band leader slams between us, immediately followed by like 8 band security as the drums start coming closer but weren’t there yet. Due to my wife wearing the awesome (though admittedly obnoxious) shirt, FSU fans start harassing her while I’m on the other side of a now full band drumming and chanting “hear come the Irish”. But, since they were in formation, there was this band mentality of no one can cross them, even if you avoid everyone of the ND tube suckers and blowers.

At first I didn’t know to expect it (having never witnessed this weird pack band behavior) and waited for a nearby gap in the band. When I went to quickly cross. It was nearly chaos, as those behind the gap ran up (to my surprise at the band aggressiveness as I assumed much of what is mentioned here re bands being hairy oysters). Anyway, after a moment of surprise I was pissed and just barged through. Maybe that section of the band were the weaker clarinet dickheads. I don’t recall. But I recall lots of swearing and mass hysteria about me cutting through the so so important, seemingly 1/2 mile long band line to not let my fiance get yelled at by FSU twatwaffles on the other side.

So, I’m not defending these Miami pricks, but a band trying to assert its authority - by simply blocking the path for 5-10 minutes like a 2 mile an hour moving train crossing - are also complete dickwads. I get there are 500 of them or so, but let people pass every 50 or so feet. Damn. Your just the band and no one came to see you (even if it is better than pumped in music). You also aren’t some venerable military unit or queens f’ing guard that is impermiable.

Side note- I opened this thread looking to just add on the UM bashing, then remembered I kind of hate bands. Maybe I went too far?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
daytonacane, post: 937935, member: 538"]
There is no excuse whatsoever for what these 2 or 3 Miami fans did, it is embarrassing to a lot of our fans & I hope they find out who they are & arrest them for battery. Most probably alcoholic related.

Insofar as ND, I attended a couple of Miami vs.ND games in South Bend & believe me their fans were no angels ('course most every college fan base hates the Hurricanes). We particularly had a rough time at the Convicts vs. Catholics game. I was spit on by a young drunken ND female fan, fans threw beer, soda & trash at us. A bunch of students surrounded our bus & rocked it when we pulled up on campus until the police disbursed them.

At a Gator game in Gainesville - the one where Coach Snelly had our team kick a last-minute unnecessary field goal as the Gator students were pelting our coaches & team w/oranges - my car was egged & I had whiskey dumped on me. Had trash and chicken bones dumped on our car (UM tag) and were cursed at in Tallahassee. In WVA their fans threw trash cans and hit one of our coaches who had to go to the ER.

A few drunken fools who probably never attended any university give a black eye to their fan base but it occurs in just about every fan base except for perhaps Nebraska. They applaud the opposing team if they make an exceptionally good play. I used to tell my Gator friends who attended games in the old Orange Bowl to avoid the west end zone as our fans there were brutal. Alcohol creates a lot of supermen and superwomen mentality.

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Ok. Sooooo there are like about 100 males in the band holding everything from tubas to pointy sticks. They can't take on three drunken Cane douchebags? Just a general question to this group of college football fans, WTF ever happened to maleness in this country? These idiot reprobates desperately needed a lesson to be taught to them. All the "men" in our marching band could do was back away in terror like they were the female lead in some 1930s horror flick.

Last Friday, a drunk guy in a restaurant was overly loud, overly obnoxious, and overly foul with his language. No one said a word until I went over and told him I am usually a live and let live kind of person, but could he please stop dropping F bombs every other word. I was really polite about until he wanted to push me away and his buddy wanted to get involved. Long story short, I told them both they could leave one of two ways, walking or laying, it was really up to them. Manager wound up tossing them. I told my wife that there were several other men sitting around and not one had my back, not that I needed it, but it sure would have been nice. I looked around and every woman was watching and the men were just staring at their food. Bunch of pussies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.