Gator Baseball Super Regional vs. the Clowns

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So here's why I love baseball.

UC-Santa Barbara finished 3rd in their conference. They've never even been to a Super Regional, let alone the actual World Series. They won the first game against #2 Louisville, but were down 3-0 in the 9th in game 2. With the bases loaded, they send a freshman up who had only 26 AB's all year and only 1 home run to face Louisville's closer, a 1st round draft pick who hasn't blown a save all year. Then the kid turns on a hanging changeup on a 1-2 count (major mistake by the pitcher), and takes it deep for a walk-off grand slam.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pressure is on the clowns..Hopefully Puk is on but if not, Dunning, Snead, Anderson, and Singer are well rested..
Just need to score 4..
Yea no, pressure is on us. We are the top seed, we are at home, we are supposed to waltz through. Clowns are supposed to lose. Trust me, pressure is on us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I do think Sully needs to make it a priority to sign some HR hitters. We, #1, do not have any.
Now that would be a good sign.
Also, I wish they would tweak the bats to be a bit more active. This year's HR champ hit
24 in 60 games ? I'd like that leader to hit 30-35. Of course, if these metal bats are most
imitative of MLB's wooden bats, then cancel my suggestion. :confused:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Puk needs to be focused. When he has control he is hard to beat. If he issues too many walks, it will spell trouble and we will be looking to the pen early. He is not used to getting great run support, but he is pitching on day 3 which means the other guys have used their best already. This is why Faedo gets the best run support. I think the offense will do it's part, just need Puk to throw strikes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So here's why I love baseball.

UC-Santa Barbara finished 3rd in their conference. They've never even been to a Super Regional, let alone the actual World Series. They won the first game against #2 Louisville, but were down 3-0 in the 9th in game 2. With the bases loaded, they send a freshman up who had only 26 AB's all year and only 1 home run to face Louisville's closer, a 1st round draft pick who hasn't blown a save all year. Then the kid turns on a hanging changeup on a 1-2 count (major mistake by the pitcher), and takes it deep for a walk-off grand slam.

According to many here, Louisville underachieved and their HC should be fired.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully puk gets his head right, this has his signature choke written all over it right now

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yea some if them were just pathetic by the ump. Sp far despite frustration he seems to be keeping his focus. Pitch count is gonna be a factor tho, he's way up already.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
2-0 Gators in the 4th. They have got to get it done. FSU hasn't scored in a long time.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was hoping he could at least get into the 5th before going to the bullpen but no such luck.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
No, that was on India..if sully knew how to play small ball it would be 4-0

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.