Gator Hoops adds some firepower

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed, 3 of 6. I left Carter out (oops! :bandit:) and he was a bust with all the injury time he had, essentially eating a scholarship while he was here.
I don't have a problem taking on transfers. Half of Texas anm's team was transfers. We've seen plenty of kids we recruited out of highschool not work out so nothings guaranteed. I wouldn't want a roster full of them but to plug one in here and there isn't a bad thing imo.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have a problem taking on transfers. Half of Texas anm's team was transfers. We've seen plenty of kids we recruited out of highschool not work out so nothings guaranteed. I wouldn't want a roster full of them but to plug one in here and there isn't a bad thing imo.
Yep, we've been hit pretty hard in the past 10 years with HS kids just not working out, either due to injuries, transfer for lack of PT, or just plain sucked.
Adam Allen (injury)
Ray Shipmen (Mr. Florida BB ended up playing FB) :lol:
Kenny Kadji (ended up doing well at Miami)
Eloy Vargas (ended up at Kentucky)
John Mitchell (transfer)
Allan Chaney (illness, transfer)
Walter Pitchford (sucked, transfer)
Jai Lucas (transfer)
Cody Larson (dumbass)
B. Ogbueze (transfer)
D. Graham (over-rated, injuries, transfer)
C. Walker (over-rated, sucked)
BFR (over-rated, sucked, transfer)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Great comeback. I love the personal insults. I comment about a player and your best comeback is to insult me? Calling me a retard? Pathetic. Sad that's the best you got.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
IDK, we've been pretty successful with what I believe are our last 5 transfers, getting good solid players with 3 out of 5.
+Rosario (Rutgers) - definitely a positive - I loved Mikey Ro - he was All-SEC 2nd Team his senior year
+Macklin (Gtown) - Vernon was a solid player for us (averaged 11 and 5 both years) - started 71 consecutive games
++DFS - (VaTech) - by far the best transfer I can remember, hands down
-Murph2 - (Duke) unfortunately he's a negative as he only played one semester while eating up 2 years worth of scholarship due to transfer rules and injuries
--Harris (USCe) - double negative as he was just a head case that didn't understand the opportunity he was given

Rimmer (Stanford) - ???

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I too think a program can benefit from getting kids after they have figured out they are not a one and done guy.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He's a walk-on, so not sure that counts.

So....we're getting our money's worth out of him? ;)

nah, I was just thinking of transfers in general, but you're right, not sure if a walk on counts since they aren't taking a scholarship spot from a potentially better contributor

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm trying to forget about him and really hope Gak is an all around better player so that we won't have to suffer any more Rimmer debacles next season.

I'm pretty sure coach White is thinking the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.