Gator Nation united again?

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
I think most of gator nation will be behind the hire. Well, at least until he names driskel the starter. Then there will be a shat storm.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
lrtx1;n125303 said:
I think most of gator nation will be behind the hire. Well, at least until he names driskel the starter. Then there will be a shat storm.
Let me say this if he does, he immediately joins chump status without a single game being played

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are not that deep in a hole. We were literally a play or two away from winning LSU, USCe, and FSU. That was Muschamps problem, couldn't close out games he needed to. We're going to lose some players to the draft and some to transfers. The cupboard isn't bare, but it'll be thinner, which is standard fare for a coaching change. I do think transfers will be minimal if some d coaches are maintained as speculated. I think our offense has the players to be successful, but I wouldn't expect anything explosive the first year.

We'll take some hits the first year and maybe the second. The fanbase will divide if we have very much diversity. I wish I could be more optimistic...but you guys read the message boards don't you ;-)

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Here's to hoping the buzz lasts a good long time. :drunk:

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
lrtx1;n125303 said:
If Driskel is named the starter, you will see the GPD doing many investigations of :suicide:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm behind Mcdaddy, and I'm willing to give him a couple of years because the lack of recruits and development of the OL is going to hurt us bad for a couple of years. I have absolutely no doubt that even with the players we have now and the underclassmen we will be using (maybe a juco or UAB transfer) we will score more points and be in a better position to win more games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Those who dont think we are in a hole should look at the depth chart for oline. We may be playing 3 star true frshmen and walkons.

That two ol recruit class by Chimp after another by Creyer, along with the usual shoulder and back injuries, have really killed us.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What I expect from this coach is to increase are win total by 2 games each year. So by the 3rd year we should be competing for a spot in the playoffs. But who knows he might have that mahlzan effect on us and have us in the hunt next year. It's all about player development which is achieved through great coaching.

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Next year I just want to see an offense that is fun to watch. SOS didn't win every game, but they were always fun to watch. Other than the NC games, I haven't wanted to rewatch a game since he left.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Heck with all that, I just want to be able to watch my gators and not fall asleep!

Never was a Champ fan, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because I am not a coach and he is...enjoy a good defense but after all the fun 'n gun and spread years it was so hard to watch. I remember calling Mom and Dad in 2012 and asking if that was a real win!

I like this hire and hope it works out. I am not expecting a helluva lot next year because Champ was def-biased and i think we are in an offense deficit as far as recruits go.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
I'll go as far as to say the hire has the potential to bring the school back into the spotlight. It does help that some of the talking heads think it's a great hire with a lot of potential as well.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n125223 said:
After reading a couple of threads, it seems as though the Gator Nation is mostly excited about the hiring of coach JM. With that said, do you think this hire will finally bring us together again? Ox said several times that he believed we were divded during the Muschamp era. In his opinion, some people hated him from the start and other people loved him no matter the circumstances. I can't say that I would disagree with that notion either. The sunshine pumpers vs the negative nancys were in full swing for four frustating years.

For some reason, this time around I don't get that same feeling with this hire so far. Of course, only time will tell but what are your thoughts Gator Chatter? Do you think this hire will bring the Gator Nation back together? Why or why not?

We'll be united for the most part. But having done this message board stuff for a decade plus now, you're always going to have pissers and moaners and whiners and minimizers and buzz killers and dark-cloud pumpers. You're also going to have posers who always fall in to the categories listed above, under the guise of "realism" and "enlightenment." Not even winning makes that go away, because then it becomes not winning impressively enough, or winning in spite of this coach or this player or the terrible AD who also hired Zook and Muschamp. It's part of life here. And time marches on....

Go Gators!

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125359 said:
Originally posted by the_alphagator1906 View Post
After reading a couple of threads, it seems as though the Gator Nation is mostly excited about the hiring of coach JM. With that said, do you think this hire will finally bring us together again? Ox said several times that he believed we were divded during the Muschamp era. In his opinion, some people hated him from the start and other people loved him no matter the circumstances. I can't say that I would disagree with that notion either. The sunshine pumpers vs the negative nancys were in full swing for four frustating years.

For some reason, this time around I don't get that same feeling with this hire so far. Of course, only time will tell but what are your thoughts Gator Chatter? Do you think this hire will bring the Gator Nation back together? Why or why not?

We'll be united for the most part. But having done this message board stuff for a decade plus now, you're always going to have pissers and moaners and whiners and minimizers and buzz killers and dark-cloud pumpers. You're also going to have posers who always fall in to the categories listed above, under the guise of "realism" and "enlightenment." Not even winning makes that go away, because then it becomes not winning impressively enough, or winning in spite of this coach or this player or the terrible AD who also hired Zook and Muschamp. It's part of life here. And time marches on....

Go Gators!

And the first thing they will say is they are fans and have a right to say what they want, which is true. It just gets old so fast….

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n125302 said:
After the retention, i couldn't get excited, but although im cautiously optimistic i can't help but to be excited about our fresh start. Now if we can salvage a little of this recruiting class we will ball

The one and only positive on the recruiting front is that we have 4 offensive linemen still committed and they have stuck with us through of all this coaching change stuff. That's a damn good indication they want to be Gators. McElwain may add a few more, so if we end up with 5 or 6 good o-linemen, we take care of a huge need. I realize none will likely be able to play right away, but now more than ever, you're seeing Freshmen linemen plugged in here and there. The Freshmen seem to struggle at Tackle way more than the interior, and fortunately, we've got our two most promising, experienced linemen at tackle; Sharpe and Johnson.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
lrtx1;n125303 said:

300 people, including Foley, will warn him not to be fooled by the Jeff Driskel practices. He'll see Driskel run and throw with his red jersey on and say to himself "damn, kid's got talent" but then he'll put on the game tape and realize it's not real, hopefully.

That's if Driskel even hangs around. He may be done with football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n125371 said:
300 people, including Foley, will warn him not to be fooled by the Jeff Driskel practices. He'll see Driskel run and throw with his red jersey on and say to himself "damn, kid's got talent" but then he'll put on the game tape and realize it's not real, hopefully.

That's if Driskel even hangs around. He may be done with football.
I heard he may transfer. I don't expect to see him on the sideline next season.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The difference between this hire and Dunce is that Big Mac has had head coaching experience, he's run the show, he's not learning the HC position as he goes. That alone allows for a more confident air to surround the program. I am intrigued to see who he brings in as DC, and how much of the current staff stays in place. I am also looking forward to what Big Mac can do with Will Grier at QB.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n125309 said:
We are not that deep in a hole. We were literally a play or two away from winning LSU, USCe, and FSU. That was Muschamps problem, couldn't close out games he needed to. We're going to lose some players to the draft and some to transfers. The cupboard isn't bare, but it'll be thinner, which is standard fare for a coaching change. I do think transfers will be minimal if some d coaches are maintained as speculated. I think our offense has the players to be successful, but I wouldn't expect anything explosive the first year.

We'll take some hits the first year and maybe the second. The fanbase will divide if we have very much diversity. I wish I could be more optimistic...but you guys read the message boards don't you ;-)

We were a play or two from losing to Tenn and KY also.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We may be good or we may be bad....

:dunno:

Too many unknowns at this point.

But optimistic..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users