Gator Rewind: Utah

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We're talking about the Gator Walk, not giving a speech.

I think it would look kind of badass and sophisticated if Gator players were each kept dry during rainy-day Gator Walks by their own individual umbrella carriers, leaving both of their hands free to carry their bag and high-five fans.

Alex is apparently under the belief that it would make it look like they're afraid of getting wet, or something, whereas I think that walking in the rain without an umbrella while wearing a suit and tie makes you look a little ridiculous.

I am willing to compromise and allow an exception to the new suit and tie policy for the Gator Walk, which would be that if it's raining, they can all wear matching track suits instead.
Did you even look at the post I was replying too?:shake:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Did you even look at the post I was replying too?:shake:
Yes.

I suggested umbrella-holders for players wearing suits for the Gator Walk when it's raining. Alex indicated his disagreement with that by posting a picture of a Marine holding an umbrella for Obama during a speech.

In response to that, you said, "if it’s raining, perhaps the speech should be given indoors," which was an off-topic non-sequitur.

So I brought the discussion back on track by saying, "We're talking about the Gator Walk, not giving a speech."

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Scrap the stupid suits all together.
I like the idea. It's like they're going to the office to take care of business. But yeah, if it's raining outside, scrap it and switch to nylon Gator warmup suits. Then everyone will still look uniform but they won't look uniformly ridiculous in soggy suits and ties.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is the dumbest argument I have ever seen on Gatorchatter.

Not gonna argue that it’s a dumb argument, but you might be in the early stages of dementia. Don’t forget about all the long time and former members who have posted here. The title “dumbest” is not easily attained here.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
The solution is obvious. They need hot coeds in bikinis carrying the umbrella.
Bikinis would be pushing it because too many Karens would inevitably complain, but hot coeds would be okay if they were a little more suitably attired.

I changed my mind again about the ROTC cadets carrying black umbrellas, because it occurred to me that from a distance it might look like an Antifa protest. So we'll probably go back to the orange and blue umbrellas if we go that route, but I'm open to suggestions.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
As an enlisted man I was a solo trainer of all ranks, including officers. Traveled around the whole theater by myself, on my own recognizance. So not really a leader or a follower, a rare position in the Army. I earned it by demonstrating competence, professionalism and respect after arriving at my duty station.

Then I went to our "elite" university, later returned there for graduate school, and took my place among the class of people who recognize that it looks silly to be walking around in the rain without an umbrella while wearing a suit and tie. Players are not showing respect for fans like me by embarrassing themselves like that, but I guess they are for men like you and Alex. :dunno:
FIFY

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I like the idea. It's like they're going to the office to take care of business. But yeah, if it's raining outside, scrap it and switch to nylon Gator warmup suits. Then everyone will still look uniform but they won't look uniformly ridiculous in soggy suits and ties.
And no pads for warmups too, just cool t-shirts? Thanks, Dan, thanks a lot.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
This is the dumbest argument I have ever seen on Gatorchatter.
Well, you tend to exaggerate if we're being honest. I doubt it's even the dumbest argument this week. I'll grant you that it was probably the dumbest one yesterday, though.

It makes it seem dumber when people get dramatic about it. Like, if I think guys look like dopes when they're willingly allowing their nice suits and ties to get drenched in the rain, it must mean I was never a leader in the Army. :rolleyes3: And I was the first one to eat. :dunno:

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I'm starting to think you don't own a suit. Or maybe one black one from Men's Wearhouse, for the occasional serious occasion. Got your little American flag pin in the lapel, which is nice. But then various other organizational pins too, so you look like you're going to the funeral of a fellow TGI Fridays waiter.

Take it easy on the flair, Khaddafi. And take an umbrella in case it rains. That Chinese piece of crap will fall apart if it gets wet.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm starting to think you don't own a suit. Or maybe one black one from Men's Wearhouse, for the occasional serious occasion. Got your little American flag pin in the lapel, which is nice. But then various other organizational pins too, so you look like you're going to the funeral of a fellow TGI Fridays waiter.

Take it easy on the flair, Khaddafi . And take an umbrella in case it rains. That Chinese piece of crap will fall apart if it gets wet.
Nope... no suits, no pins... and when it rains, I wear my arc teryx jacket (but it is black, so ya got me there!), no umbrella, never wear the hood. Also, a man walks in the rain, with his head up, not bowed down... and he doesn't run from his car to the door like a spastic child.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Nope... no suits, no pins... and when it rains, I wear my arc teryx jacket (but it is black, so ya got me there!), no umbrella, never wear the hood. Also, a man walks in the rain, with his head up, not bowed down... and he doesn't run from his car to the door like a spastic child.
Something else just occurred to me. What about the brothers on the team, who might appreciate umbrellas to keep their intricate urban-American hairstyles from getting ruined by the rain along with their cheap limited-budget suits & ties? I don't want to have to take this to the PF but you're starting to look a little racist. :nono:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yes.

I suggested umbrella-holders for players wearing suits for the Gator Walk when it's raining. Alex indicated his disagreement with that by posting a picture of a Marine holding an umbrella for Obama during a speech.

In response to that, you said, "if it’s raining, perhaps the speech should be given indoors," which was an off-topic non-sequitur.

So I brought the discussion back on track by saying, "We're talking about the Gator Walk, not giving a speech."
Your right; an off topic non-sequitur - I’ll ignore the redundancy - on GCMB is unheard of. :rolleyes3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.