Jul 18, 2018
As a side note we’re wearing the same uniform combo as we did in 08’

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You say this as you throw the team under the bus, hoping that they lose to make a couple of coaches look bad at the expense of a lot of hard working players.

I don’t think you understand the concept of throwing someone under the bus.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I don’t think you understand the concept of throwing someone under the bus.

I’m using it in a broader context. Undeserving people get run over in the interest of impacting (for good or bad) the people who actually deserve it.

I agree with you that Mullen threw players under the bus to protect Grantham (and by extension, himself).

But I disagree with hoping for a loss, in the interest of making Grantham and Mullen look bad, because the collateral damage is to the same players that you correctly accused Mullen of throwing under the bus.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shorter. I think he’ll have a big game.

I think Henderson’s gonna have the big game. Could be a breakout performance.

They might throw Malik Davis in the slot.

With Lingard, Pierce, and Wright at TB.

Maybe they will split slot duties between Davis and Wright.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m using it in a broader context. Undeserving people get run over in the interest of impacting (for good or bad) the people who actually deserve it.

I agree with you that Mullen threw players under the bus to protect Grantham (and by extension, himself).

But I disagree with hoping for a loss, in the interest of making Grantham and Mullen look bad, because the collateral damage is to the same players that you correctly accused Mullen of throwing under the bus.
Well you disagree then. I’d rather get crushed in a nothing game if it helps to shorten Grantham and/or Mullen’s time here

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Well you disagree then. I’d rather get crushed in a nothing game if it helps to shorten Grantham and/or Mullen’s time here

Yep, that’s just me. I never hope for the Gators to lose, no matter what is at stake. Every game means something to at least some of the players, especially seniors that may be playing in their last game ever, at any level.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The result of the game is meaningless, with or without a full squad. But being that we are very shorthanded, I think the result of the game is even more meaningless. But here is what I think is meaningful:

With the OLine in tact, and top 4 receiving threats out, are we able to run the ball with any consistency or do we even try? How does the OLine play knowing that we will probably need a good running attack?

Will the players on D know their assignments on every play? Will it be simplified like man to man under and cover 2 in the back? Something where less decisions have to be made?

Most of all, I think this is the type of game where coaching is evident, regardless of result. It is easy to coach a game/team with all hands on deck, but how are your management skills in a meaningless game (result wise) but not playing at full strength? Are you able to put a competent effort on the field both mentally and physically trying? Are the mistakes from effort or from stupidity? The one thing that haunts me is that Cousin Eddie, some fans and others will have built in excuses if the final score is not what most want. What I see on the field is much more important than the numbers on the stat sheets.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, that’s just me. I never hope for the Gators to lose, no matter what is at stake. Every game means something to at least some of the players, especially seniors that may be playing in their last game ever, at any level.
And that line of thinking took the Jets out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I’m going with a lower than expected, and closer than expected 35-31 game, with the bad guys winning. I hope I’m wrong.

I think Grantham’s defense rises to the occasion and ONLY gives up 5 TDs.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
turnovers galore...

Perfect game to put him in then. Meaningless game. Flush it out one way or the other. I really like his running style. He is smooth and gets downfield quick. Not a lot of sideways movement in his game but really takes good angles once he gets through the LOS.

But, he has those fumbles and its on everyone's mind. There's been other players fumble the ball this season but most are forgotten because they happen at moments that aren't significant. He fumbled at a very significant time.

Play the he!! out of him and see what comes out in the wash.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The result of the game is meaningless, with or without a full squad. But being that we are very shorthanded, I think the result of the game is even more meaningless. But here is what I think is meaningful:

With the OLine in tact, and top 4 receiving threats out, are we able to run the ball with any consistency or do we even try? How does the OLine play knowing that we will probably need a good running attack?

Will the players on D know their assignments on every play? Will it be simplified like man to man under and cover 2 in the back? Something where less decisions have to be made?

Most of all, I think this is the type of game where coaching is evident, regardless of result. It is easy to coach a game/team with all hands on deck, but how are your management skills in a meaningless game (result wise) but not playing at full strength? Are you able to put a competent effort on the field both mentally and physically trying? Are the mistakes from effort or from stupidity? The one thing that haunts me is that Cousin Eddie, some fans and others will have built in excuses if the final score is not what most want. What I see on the field is much more important than the numbers on the stat sheets.

Totally agree. Excuses won’t cut it after two straight losses. We may not win but we at least need to show our A game and cut down on the costly mental errors. A lackluster effort is the last thing you want to be your transition into the offseason.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
190322-ham-sandwich-horizontal-1553721016.png

If my Panera sandwich looked half as good, I wouldn’t feel compelled to roll my eyes when I came to the point of having to decide whether to tip the cashier 50 cents or $2.00 for 30 seconds of effort.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If my Panera sandwich looked half as good, I wouldn’t feel compelled to roll my eyes when I came to the point of having to decide whether to tip the cashier 50 cents or $2.00 for 30 seconds of effort.

Had Panera tonight and I hate them. The wife wanted one of their salads. They're getting worse than subway with the lack of anything placed in a sandwich.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Some of you guys sound like a bunch of pussy's. You same fuchers said we'd lose by 40 to Bama. Pitts and Toney not playing is gonna hurt but no where near as much as Marco not playing helps. We're pretty deep at wide out and TE, Mullen will have the offense ready, Fat Todd will Fat Todd.

Gators - 52
Sooners - 42

pug-what.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Whittmore, Davis both hang a 100 yards receiving on the Ok.
Gators win by 10
:lmao2:

Dan Dullen teabagged your stupid ass, again, huh?

Getting lonely on that Dorky Dan train?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.