Gator Basketball Gators bumble their way to a loss against Auburn, bow out of SEC tourney

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This is Whites primary weakness. He refuses to fight for his team. I have said this for three years now. If you let them screw you they will continue to do so. Doesn’t matter if it didn’t change the outcome it sets the tone for future games and it shows your team that you will fight for them
I saw that he said something to him but he needs to embarrass that ref. Who gives a sh!t if the league fines you
Agree 100%

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So amusing to read this thread. So many repeatedly gave up. Almost possession by possession. Coach stuck to the plan...kept the game close and had a chance to win at the end.
I don't even watch this shyt but this post is baffling. So much like Chimp. I know you loved Chimp too. Had a chance at the end, ya know.

Some people just enjoy losers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
White was livid on the sideline and yelling at the refs at the end of the game there during that final sequence when Neb was mugged. White was really fighting hard for his guys all game just like the past 2 games. Our guys hung tough all tourney and will gain very valuable experience in the NCAA Tourney. Its better than going to the NIT that is for sure. Go Gators!!
Gators trashed.

White in the dumper.

We got the winky dinky.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I look at Aub. and think "Finally a team we match up with. They dont have monsters inside and play small like us" No, they just shoot threes like Steph Curry all day and play tough on ball defense (with a few fouls ignored). Pearl can coach. Hate him or ignore him. He knows how to scheme for your team. He took Allen and out of the game. They were the quickest team we played all year. We outrebounded them but turnovers killed us. Like Frozen said, UK would just exploit our dead legs. This tournament just allowed us to get into the dance, that is all. I find it amusing that folks that hate basketball have so many opinions on it. They shot lights out from thee Took 20 more shots than us and we have 19 TOs and it came down to one possession. MW can coach. The boys play hard. They dont flinch or quit. The calvary arrives next year and suddenly he will be a good coach. book it............

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I don't even watch this shyt but this post is baffling. So much like Chimp. I know you loved Chimp too. Had a chance at the end, ya know.

Some people just enjoy losers.

Muschamp was more like you. Gives up early. You were all 0-8 after the loss to Kentucky. I’m sure you threw in the towel when Auburn went up 3-2 early.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Muschamp was more like you. Gives up early. You were all 0-8 after the loss to Kentucky. I’m sure you threw in the towel when Auburn went up 3-2 early.
He is a poop head. But he is right on us loving losers..........I love reading his posts.........he never fails to entertain or :stirpot:...........the reality is he is smirking and outright laughing when he posts most of his stuff............its completely obvious to me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure you threw in the towel when Auburn went up 3-2 early.
If he had, he would have been right to do so. We lost the game.

Sometimes I think you really do accept moral victories. Just doesn't seem like a Marine.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Next to 2010 probably the worst Florida scoring team I've seen. Mind-numbing approach. The guy bringing the ball upcourt stops a few feet after center court, turns his back to the defender and ... mindlessly dribbles for five seconds. No shooters, no finishers, no driving to the basket in the bonus, no real answer for getting the ball in the hoop.

This team needs a different talent level and a different offensive mastermind.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
White was livid on the sideline and yelling at the refs at the end of the game there during that final sequence when Neb was mugged. White was really fighting hard for his guys all game just like the past 2 games. Our guys hung tough all tourney and will gain very valuable experience in the NCAA Tourney. Its better than going to the NIT that is for sure. Go Gators!!
Were you there???? Because that sure didn’t come across on the broadcast.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
He is a poop head. But he is right on us loving losers..........I love reading his posts.........he never fails to entertain or :stirpot:...........the reality is he is smirking and outright laughing when he posts most of his stuff............its completely obvious to me.

I get it. Some post from the heart. Some post purely for a reaction.

It makes the board more interesting. There has to be some measure of disagreement or it will get boring. I can usually tell and sometimes play along.

The goal is the goal...one million posts.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How exactly can I “fight” from my living room couch? :crazy:

cute-fight.gif

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Next to 2010 probably the worst Florida scoring team I've seen. Mind-numbing approach. The guy bringing the ball upcourt stops a few feet after center court, turns his back to the defender and ... mindlessly dribbles for five seconds. No shooters, no finishers, no driving to the basket in the bonus, no real answer for getting the ball in the hoop.

This team needs a different talent level and a different offensive mastermind.
Along with being a soft team, the talent level is the problem. You can blame White for that, but his coaching hasn't been the problem. We play slow because we lack firepower on offense, and because all five guys have to crash the defensive boards due to undersized, mediocre big men.

FYI, we averaged 71.6 in 2010. We average 68.5 pts/game this year, and averaged 63.7 in 2015, Billy's last year. Billy was perhaps the best coach in the country, and certainly top 5, yet his last team averaged nearly 5 pts less per game.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Lots of upsets happening in tourneys. Nevad

Along with being a soft team, the talent level is the problem. You can blame White for that, but his coaching hasn't been the problem. We play slow because we lack firepower on offense, and because all five guys have to crash the defensive boards due to undersized, mediocre big men.

FYI, we averaged 71.6 in 2010. We average 68.5 pts/game this year, and averaged 63.7 in 2015, Billy's last year. Billy was perhaps the best coach in the country, and certainly top 5, yet his last team averaged nearly 5 pts less per game.

This.

There has been more ball movement and more balance as the season progressed.

But the horses aren’t there....particularly inside.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I’ve come to the conclusion Law and Ox would make excellent Bama fans. If it ain’t football, it is to be belittled and ridiculed, in their little world. Must be sad to have a one dimensional mind.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I somewhat blame coach for this loss, not for his lack of say fight, but rather they did not adjust their offense while Auburn did adjust their defense. How many turnovers in the second half came from running the same play that worked well in the first.

That said we are probably better off with some more rest for the big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.