Gators entering draft; Cleveland, Jefferson, Perine, Zuniga staying

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we will be replacing 6 or 7 starters on offense and 3 starters on defense depending on what Van Jefferson does. 4 of those starters are O linemen so maybe with what they were able to do with those guys this season it won't be a huge dropoff but those Tackles will be hard to replace.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
4 of those starters are O linemen so maybe with what they were able to do with those guys this season it won't be a huge dropoff but those Tackles will be hard to replace.

Our interior o-line will be better next year as Fred and Tyler are gone. Great gators, but below average talent. Ivey is listed as a guard in the nfl and will be a 6th to 7th round pick if he's lucky. In truth, he is not an sec caliber tackle. Whoever starts for him next season will actually be a tackle. I suspect that will be Forsythe. Taylor is the one that no matter who steps in, will be a downgrade.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, not all. Who was that transfer tub of lard that left early to go to the arena league?

Sometimes teams draft on size or speed, but Joseph has neither. In fact, I noticed in pics Chauncey and Sean are the same (ish) size when they are standing side by side.

Didn't say all, but some don't. Some think they can fix a player if he has a good workout.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our interior o-line will be better next year as Fred and Tyler are gone. Great gators, but below average talent. Ivey is listed as a guard in the nfl and will be a 6th to 7th round pick if he's lucky. In truth, he is not an sec caliber tackle. Whoever starts for him next season will actually be a tackle. I suspect that will be Forsythe. Taylor is the one that no matter who steps in, will be a downgrade.

Ivey will be a guard in the NFL, if not he won't make it out of his first contract.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ivey will be a guard in the NFL, if not he won't make it out of his first contract.

I don't think he makes it out of his first contract anyway. To me, he just isn't very good. Maybe the shift to guard helps him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I bet Ivey goes higher than that. He was doing pretty good after the first few games. I think we will have a dropoff at Tackle but the Guards will probably be better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he makes it out of his first contract anyway. To me, he just isn't very good. Maybe the shift to guard helps him.

I think the move to guard, would limit the exposure to his lack of speed and movement... Similar to how it help Leonard Davis about a decade ago.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reese was a two year starter at MSU and he’s smart. I haven’t watched any film of him, but he may be very close to Taylor when you factor in all the penalties

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You may be right. I've found a few draft sites that have Ivey as the number 1 guard on the board. :faint:

The draft grades on him a wildly different.

I don't see that but I think he probably goes in the 4th or 5th round.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
No, not all. Who was that transfer tub of lard that left early to go to the arena league?

Sometimes teams draft on size or speed, but Joseph has neither. In fact, I noticed in pics Chauncey and Sean are the same (ish) size when they are standing side by side.
I think the two things Joseph has going for him are speed and he hits hard. See any prospect for him at safety?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for working hard as a Gator. Best of luck in your future pursuits!

:chomp:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think the move to guard, would limit the exposure to his lack of speed and movement... Similar to how it help Leonard Davis about a decade ago.
I believe that he was selected SEC lineman of the week when he took a turn at guard his frrshfre or sophomore year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Just read a report from Gator Sports that Perine is coming back!

This is awesome news! He is my favorite back and will do great things next year. Him and Pierce. I know there are others too but Perine will be our featured back imo...

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
This is awesome news! He is my favorite back and will do great things next year. Him and Pierce. I know there are others too but Perine will be our featured back imo...

You quoted me before I deleted. I got 'Robbie Andrue'd'. He wrote the article with the pretense that he is coming back and then sneaks in an 'if he comes back' in one of the last paragraphs. Him and Dooley are garbage. I apologize for spreading their shyte.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You quoted me before I deleted. I got 'Robbie Andrue'd'. He wrote the article with the pretense that he is coming back and then sneaks in an 'if he comes back' in one of the last paragraphs. Him and Dooley are garbage. I apologize for spreading their shyte.

That's ok. Here is to hoping he returns.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's ok. Here is to hoping he returns.

He shouldn’t. I would assume he’s going to get drafted in the first three rounds. That’s good for a running back.

Just from the eyeball test I would think he’s a third round running back and Scarlett is a fourth round back.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
He shouldn’t. I would assume he’s going to get drafted in the first three rounds. That’s good for a running back.

Just from the eyeball test I would think he’s a third round running back and Scarlett is a fourth round back.
It's always hard to judge those things based on who all comes out and what teams need before RB, which in the NFL feels like a position they can pick up off the street for the most part these days. If he leaves I hope both he and Scarlett get in a good position and succeed. I do believe he will be the better of the two. I was sure that Gilly was going to go 3rd or higher after the years he had as our only offense behind horrible offensive lines, but he dropped to 5th.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's always hard to judge those things based on who all comes out and what teams need before RB, which in the NFL feels like a position they can pick up off the street for the most part these days. If he leaves I hope both he and Scarlett get in a good position and succeed. I do believe he will be the better of the two. I was sure that Gilly was going to go 3rd or higher after the years he had as our only offense behind horrible offensive lines, but he dropped to 5th.

You’re probably right. But I think that Scarlett will be fourth or fifth round mainly because he can break tackles. I don’t know whether GMs will think he has character concerns after the credit card scandal. That could technically knock him completely out of the draft

Perine isn’t just great at finding holes he is a really good receiver out of the backfield as well. He’s also a good blocker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.