Nov 17, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Geez,

Who is left?

We better get motivated getting DL and DB.

We should go for JUCO, Transfers, ect. We are almost always in the rears when it comes to available scholarships

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't miss Scarlett much if other backs have learned to pass protection
Have they?
Really, how often does this kind of offense call on running backs to pass protect? It certainly helps, but the playcalling diminishes the importance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't miss Scarlett much if other backs have learned to pass protection
Have they?
Really, how often does this kind of often call on running backs to pass protect? It certainly helps, but the playcalling diminishes the importance.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Really, how often does this kind of often call on running backs to pass protect? It certainly helps, but playcalling diminishes the importance.
What? I am certainly no expert, but I watch the games and I saw Scarlett really improve in this area. When the running back fails to pick up a blitzer, the best thing that can happen is a sack.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What? I am certainly no expert, but I watch the games and I saw Scarlett really improve in this area. When the running back fails to pick up a blitzer, the best thing that can happen is a sack.
Just considering the statistical probabilities versus what he brought as a running back.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Polite and Taylor are projected as 1st round picks and should go. CGJ is probably a 2nd day guy, but I doubt he has much to improve on. i think his play in the Peach Bowl gave scouts a pretty good idea of what they can expect from an instinct and football IQ side. The combine will determine how high he can go.

Scarlett would've left after last year, but with the suspension, he needed to come back and let time heal some perception. He'll likely slide a little in the draft due to the CC deal, but I don't think character matters as much on later picks. He only has so many miles, he needs to go so he can make his 2nd contract. I think Perine should leave too for the same reason, although I hope he stays.

Joseph is not too much of a head scratcher. I think he just needed a little bit of positive feedback and he was gone. Besides, it's easier to get drafted on potential as a Jr. vs. Sr. I think him leaving is more about wanting to make money rather than how much. But who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not sure where Scarlett goes either. 3rd or 4th at the earliest but probably 5th or 6th? Not sure what the running back board is this year.
I heard today that this is a very heavy and deep RB draft year. Scarlett might not even be invited to the combine or drafted.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not mention this earlier but the week following the Vandy game I actually ran into Vosean and started talking to him, mainly ribbing him about getting tossed out of the game but all in good fun. Just for kicks I asked him if he had any thoughts of leaving at years end (I personally don;t think he is NFL ready) and he said he was definitely coming back for his SR year b/c he wanted to play in the game against scrotUM. Guess things change. :bananawave::bananawave::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye: VJ. Best of luck to you.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I think Zuniga is a decent college player but never dominates. He makes some plays but there are times where he disappears. I am not sure how highly he would be drafted.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I heard today that this is a very heavy and deep RB draft year. Scarlett might not even be invited to the combine or drafted.

That stinks for him if true. I just always think of the monster year Gilly has in 2012 and slipped and he was a 5th round pick. I would put Scarlet between there and the 7th right now. He improved his vision last half of the season so who knows.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That stinks for him if true. I just always think of the monster year Gilly has in 2012 and slipped and he was a 5th round pick. I would put Scarlet between there and the 7th right now. He improved his vision last half of the season so who knows.
The conversation was that the only reason to possibly invite Scarlett to the combine would be so teams could interview him, about the CC suspension.

Also went on to talk about Joseph and he would be encouraged to run an extremely fast 40 but NOT do any bench reps.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just considering the statistical probabilities versus what he brought as a running back.
Did I see a fullback a few times in the last game?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I did not mention this earlier but the week following the Vandy game I actually ran into Vosean and started talking to him, mainly ribbing him about getting tossed out of the game but all in good fun. Just for kicks I asked him if he had any thoughts of leaving at years end (I personally don;t think he is NFL ready) and he said he was definitely coming back for his SR year b/c he wanted to play in the game against scrotUM. Guess things change. :bananawave::bananawave::byebye::byebye::byebye::byebye: VJ. Best of luck to you.
He seems like a nice kid.

Seems to be getting terrible advice, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.