Gators may pick up a 4 star OT

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Frugmorgen most certainly is NOT a 4 star OT. He is a college player. He is a college player who started multiple games at a high level program. That is VASTLY different and VASTLY better than a 4 star high school kid. Good Grief.
Yep there's quite a bit about this for about a week ago in the recruiting threat. Slevin said that they were trying to get a waiver so he can play immediately

The only waiver I know of is a medical hardship waiver. However, that's no longer a thing. The NCAA passed a new rule eliminating immediate eligibility for transfers. The rule took effect in the 2015-16 school year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The only waiver I know of is a medical hardship waiver. However, that's no longer a thing. The NCAA passed a new rule eliminating immediate eligibility for transfers. The rule took effect in the 2015-16 school year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-hardship-waiver-for-transfers-191437627.html

That page has a "transfer exceptions" link on another page, and that other page includes some description of the "family hardship waiver" which can include sit-out waivers for illness of immediate family members. Sounds like the case for a waiver is much stronger if the student-athlete takes an active role in caring for the family member with the illness. "Being nearer, just in case" [my words] would not appear to carry much weight.

We could certainly use another good player on the OL, but I'm not optimistic that he'd be eligible to play here in 2017.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just read on "another" site that this kid is coming to UF. Anybody hear anything? Said it may be announced today or tomorrow.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Fruhmorgen's father recently told a reporter that his son intends to transfer from Clemson. Dabo has also confirmed the transfer. He is reportedly choosing between Florida and Michigan. He will have to sit out a year at his new school. Fruhmorgen will have 3 years in which to play his final 2 years of eligibility.

So nobody has a comment about how it comes down to UF vs MICH? Some on here rave about Harbaugh's ability to bring in kids while we strike out. I'm not saying we get this kid or not, and I'm not saying "Gee, it's just nice to be here" but the fact is we ARE in the conversation of getting a kid that MICH is after. Better than still looking around for transfers with our thumb up our a...

Personal: Majoring in history ... his father, John, played football at Alabama and with the Miami Dolphins ... major is undeclared ... born Sept. 24, 1996.

Wut?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So nobody has a comment about how it comes down to UF vs MICH? Some on here rave about Harbaugh's ability to bring in kids while we strike out. I'm not saying we get this kid or not, and I'm not saying "Gee, it's just nice to be here" but the fact is we ARE in the conversation of getting a kid that MICH is after. Better than still looking around for transfers with our thumb up our a...

Wut?

I'm not sure what your point is. I just brought this thread back from mid-January because I read on another site that he was going to commit to us sometime in the next few days. Are you saying that some people think we'll never beat out Harbaugh for a recruit? That's CRAZY TALK!!!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm not sure what your point is. I just brought this thread back from mid-January because I read on another site that he was going to commit to us sometime in the next few days. Are you saying that some people think we'll never beat out Harbaugh for a recruit? That's CRAZY TALK!!!

Point in the first part is that we are in the conversation, which is better than not being in the conversation. Something some people take for granted and proclaim we should be Option 1 for every kid when in fact we're not even considered by many. We are considered in this case, right up against MICH, which many have pointed to as 'getting it done' in terms of finding and landing kids.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Visiting LSU and Meatchicken doesnt lend much credence to his hardship case.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Visiting LSU and Meatchicken doesnt lend much credence to his hardship case.

Yeah, the LSU article clearly says he has to sit out next season. I'd still like to get him, but won't be upset if it doesn't happen. I'm curious why he wants to leave Clemson, unless he clearly lost his starting spot due to the injury. He started the first 8 games, so it doesn't make sense....going from Florida (home) to Clemson....then to LSU or Michigan because he wants to transfer? I can see going to UF or USF to "get closer to home".

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Yeah, the LSU article clearly says he has to sit out next season. I'd still like to get him, but won't be upset if it doesn't happen. I'm curious why he wants to leave Clemson, unless he clearly lost his starting spot due to the injury. He started the first 8 games, so it doesn't make sense....going from Florida (home) to Clemson....then to LSU or Michigan because he wants to transfer? I can see going to UF or USF to "get closer to home".

It's so hard to tell why someone wants to transfer without inside information. It could be that he thinks he will lose his starting job, or he doesn't get along with his position coach or teammates.

If I had to bet on it though, I would bet that there is a girl involved.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just read on "another" site that this kid is coming to UF. Anybody hear anything? Said it may be announced today or tomorrow.
Rumor is....since summers left we haven't been in contact with him and he's pissed about it. Probably why he's going to LSU this weekend.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor is....since summers left we haven't been in contact with him and he's pissed about it. Probably why he's going to LSU this weekend.

Well that rumor sounds consistent with all the other rumors as to why this coaching staff missed on top players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome job. We probably should have hired a recruiting coordinator to be responsible for that sort of thing, amarite?

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You would think our new OL coach would make this one of his first calls... unless he isn't really going to be OL coach...?

Yeah... I'm looking for any sign of that

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
JF could really add some experienced depth and that would also allow us to move Riles to DL if need be. Go Gators!!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure we'll give him a call a day or 2 before he decides and alboverdi will say how great our last ditch effort was but we came in second for his services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator