Gator Basketball Gators whipped by Tennessee to bow out of the SEC tourney

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Refs stink and weren't consistent calling fouls between different halves.
Team is sad and I think coach white is obsessed with analytics he's always talking stats like that is the whole game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Still waiting for a comment on “are sporting events considered a social event for deep pockets. Let’s face it when the money speaks, everyone listens.

It doesn’t seem like the money is saying a word right now so nothing will change

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Predictable outcome. Mann balled out yet again so I don't see him returning next season to this mess of a coaching staff. Mann has had a tremendous year so he will make a ton of money if he is drafted or not either in the G League or overseas. I expect a mass exodus of players cause why would they even stay here in mediocrity? Payne will be gone especially after that flagrant foul he got. You can tell he doesn't want to be here and he isn't any good anyways. Glover doesn't get to play so he will transfer to a smaller school and average 20 a game in a small conference easy. Lewis will transfer and look for a fresh start. Jitoboh will transfer to a smaller school but be average at best unless he loses weight. That leaves us with Locke who has his limitations. Appleby who is a turnover a minute but can score sometimes. Duriji who has a high motor but doesn't shoot well. Also Castleton who gets MUGGED every game and gets no calls. Then the rest of the roster is scrubs and I don't know who we have coming in next season freshman wise so that puts us at a down year at 16-14 and NIT bound. Of course the wheels could finally come off and end up 10-18 with injuries or Covid hitting some players. Obviously a very bleak outcome for next season but its time to make a change at HC. They won't do it this season with Covid and with what happened to KJ. If we somehow really tank the season which we probably should, then MW will definitely be gone. Sad and hard for me to say but it just has to change and has to happen. We haven't completely fallen off the map under MW like programs like IU, Georgetown, Butler, UK, ND, Miami, and UNLV have, but we are tettering and on the brink with a critical season coming up. Next season might get ROUGH real quick.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In watching MW's press conference today and the last few, you can really tell that he knows things are not looking good for him and that he knows next season is really make or break. I think he knows his time is just about up here and that we are going to see a lot of players leave. You can just read between the lines that this thing is going to get really rough, really fast next season. Time to start vetting some coaches and see who we can come up with. Any suggestions?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Predictable outcome. Mann balled out yet again so I don't see him returning next season to this mess of a coaching staff. Mann has had a tremendous year so he will make a ton of money if he is drafted or not either in the G League or overseas. I expect a mass exodus of players cause why would they even stay here in mediocrity? Payne will be gone especially after that flagrant foul he got. You can tell he doesn't want to be here and he isn't any good anyways. Glover doesn't get to play so he will transfer to a smaller school and average 20 a game in a small conference easy. Lewis will transfer and look for a fresh start. Jitoboh will transfer to a smaller school but be average at best unless he loses weight. That leaves us with Locke who has his limitations. Appleby who is a turnover a minute but can score sometimes. Duriji who has a high motor but doesn't shoot well. Also Castleton who gets MUGGED every game and gets no calls. Then the rest of the roster is scrubs and I don't know who we have coming in next season freshman wise so that puts us at a down year at 16-14 and NIT bound. Of course the wheels could finally come off and end up 10-18 with injuries or Covid hitting some players. Obviously a very bleak outcome for next season but its time to make a change at HC. They won't do it this season with Covid and with what happened to KJ. If we somehow really tank the season which we probably should, then MW will definitely be gone. Sad and hard for me to say but it just has to change and has to happen. We haven't completely fallen off the map under MW like programs like IU, Georgetown, Butler, UK, ND, Miami, and UNLV have, but we are tettering and on the brink with a critical season coming up. Next season might get ROUGH real quick.
As of now, this guy who is a 5 star beast but you have to think he is rethinking his decision.

Kowacie Reeves, 2021 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Kowacie Reeves, 2021 Shooting guard - Rivals.com

I really like this kid. He has a 3.9 GP average, is from Georgia and giving the dwags the finger signing with their hated rival, and has an awesome inside and out game. He looks like he could still be growing and has the frame to put on 15 lbs of muscle when he gets to college. I just hope he honor's his signing and the next coach can make him an All American.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how losing KJ excuses White from developing those other at first committed Gators. They advanced without functional direction, so without improvement, without growing in BB-IQ. This proves White has nothing to offer and puts forth little effort to build something here. He's best as AD for the University of Phoenix.

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if white wants a new roster. Some of his comments about our maturity and how were not a championship or even tournament team I think he said at one point you can tell he is tired of the clown players. Some of these guys I hope transfer they are talented but not team players.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if white wants a new roster. Some of his comments about our maturity and how were not a championship or even tournament team I think he said at one point you can tell he is tired of the clown players. Some of these guys I hope transfer they are talented but not team players.

Is White complaining that his players are not playing for him as well as opposing coaches' players are playing for them? Let that soak in, fans. There is the real problem = That's called "coaching-by-pouting". No coach runs a program that way ... except Mike White. Anybody ever heard an NCAA coach state that he wants a "do-over" for his roster? Is that not ironclad evidence that White believes himself incapable of developing skills, BB-IQ, player awareness, etc.? What is UF paying him $3 million for? White pursued & signed these players - ones that professional-gurus evaluated as a great class worth a threat to be at the top of the SEC this season.

Even if these thoughts are just rumored, White slack-coached our guys like he knew they were hopeless. Bet next season White will have added new guys that are hopeless and cannot be developed. The other schools will get lifelong basketball hopefuls that will develop.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a chance, I had said we would lose easily to Tenn last week and was right and that we would lose to Tenn again yesterday rather easily and correct again. Put the bong down.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After this season, MW would have had what, 20 players transfer out of the program. Looks like only one has gone somewhere and had success and that is Nembhard. Even his stats are way down across the board from when he played at UF. Looks like he is going to get a NC ring though unless Covid takes Gonzaga out of the NCAAT.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee reveals details of John Fulkerson’s injuries, status for SEC Tournament

WOW so the elbows that Payne threw were much WORSE than we thought/looked. Facial fractures and concussion for the Tenn player. F him anyways but looks like Payne will be suspended the rest of the year and his career at UF is all but over with cause he will transfer to get a new start and get away from this black eye he created.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What did I miss?

giphy.gif

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great gesture by both guys but Payne is getting absolutely ROASTED in the twitter comments and all other comments on FB too. This is going to be very tough for him to come back from here at UF. I expect him to transfer to a smaller school and dominate with an array of dunks in a lesser conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.