Gators will go undefeated until LSU

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'm right there with you in the hope category. Just making the point that a win should be expected and a loss should not be excused. Oh, and the Auburn QB is a true freshman, not a redshirt. DBU should feast on that.

You seem to confuse excused with expectations. It isn't excusable to lose to KY any year nor is it always expected that we should. Is that talent gap really that different between us right now? Is the coaching really that different either? Is the recruiting really that different? Don't complain out one side of your mouth about how crappy our recruiting is/was and then say should always be expected that we beat a team that is at the level that we dropped to.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn didn't look that impressive to me.
Oregon's defense surprised me somewhat.
I think Oregon probably should have won the game but Auburn found a way to pull it off.
I wasn't impressed with either team.
I think our defense will take care of Auburn; if we can run against them then I think we get the win.
But it's going to be that way against any team that we play.
Auburn might turn out to be a decent team this year, but they are the least of my worries at this point.

Auburn started slow, with a true freshman QB, and finished very strong. Oregon's last 7 drives ended in a punt or turnover on downs. Oregon returned the most veteran OL in college football (most starts returning) and the QB who will be picked #1 in the draft next year. We have one of the least veteran OL's (least returning starts) and Franks. Auburn's defense is better than Miami's. The offense wasn't too impressive, sure, but their D sure was.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Auburn just beat the number 11 team at a neutral site. I’d say they’re a formidable opponent.
This game will be an interesting match up to say the least. Their QB executed well under pressure but I was shocked Oregon did not Red Dog his ass the way Grantham will. I see this game playing out almost exactly like the UM game(although their QB isn't as much of a running threat) except if we make as many mistakes(turnovers and missed individual blocking assignments)we'll be toast...

If nothing else Ox will be a very conflicted person that week...:lol2:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Auburn started slow, with a true freshman QB, and finished very strong. Oregon's last 7 drives ended in a punt or turnover on downs. Oregon returned the most veteran OL in college football (most starts returning) and the QB who will be picked #1 in the draft next year. We have one of the least veteran OL's (least returning starts) and Franks. Auburn's defense is better than Miami's. The offense wasn't too impressive, sure, but their D sure was.
Pretty accurate take and one that leads me to believe their defense may stifle our offense even more than ours theirs. We may actually need to slow the pace offensively and move the sticks with short sideways throws and prod with the(option) running game. I don't think a higher scoring game favors us in this situation. We need to limit their possessions and make no mistakes….I know that sounds terribly boring but from what I've seen of both teams so far we won't win if we give them ANY gifts. A lot of football to be played between now and then but they look solid.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know it’s not Death Valley but they said Starkville was hard to play at night and we don’t know where their mindset is at that point either...we’ve gotta roll in there with a chip on our shoulder
Doubtful that this game is a night game. This will be the CBS 3:30 game.

Bama plays @ TX A&M that day.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I really just dont think we are very good.

That is obvious.

However, The U has a very good D…Well coached and a staunch D Line. They shut down our running attack.

That said…take away those stupid turnovers…One was clearly not even a fumble and that game changes drastically. We get ANY running attack established most game will be VERY Different.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn at home doesn't worry me and neither does UT/Kentucky.....Oregon made Auburn look good with their sorry defense and missing half their top players

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Auburn at home doesn't worry me and neither does UT/Kentucky.....Oregon made Auburn look good with their sorry defense and missing half their top players

I hope you are right:clap:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I think Oregon would beat us by 2 scores on a neutral field. But so far, my pick'em score says I am a dumbarse so nobody is happier than me to be wrong on this. Believe me. I am just tired of this crap.

That is obvious.

However, The U has a very good D…Well coached and a staunch D Line. They shut down our running attack.

That said…take away those stupid turnovers…One was clearly not even a fumble and that game changes drastically. We get ANY running attack established most game will be VERY Different.

Dude ... you can't take away fumbles and interceptions. Especially when it had nothing to do with the defense we played causing them. We did it all on our own. That is a big part of why I think we suck. Nothing about our game made me feel good except maybe our DL. But that scUM OL is beyond horrible; UT Martin will probably have a better OL than scUM. All of our turnovers are on Franks except the Davis which is on Davis. Saying you want to take away the turnovers is like saying we should take away Franks at this point. Ok. Whatever.

Some of you guys baffle me. You talk about how bad everything is yet you say it is impossible that we lose to UK at UK and Auburn at home because, well ... its UK and we play Auburn at home. That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. The Swamp really aint no big advantage anymore because er'body has been beating us there for the last 9 years. Take the O&B glasses off and I would look at a game in the swamp as no big deal licking my chops at getting in there. And Auburn just beat a really good Oregon team at a neutral field as their first game of the year. Both Auburn and Oregon beat that Gator and scUM team that played their first game by multiple scores.

EDIT: It coule be worse ... we could be fsu and UTooth bad.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think Oregon would beat us by 2 scores on a neutral field. But so far, my pick'em score says I am a dumbarse so nobody is happier than me to be wrong on this. Believe me. I am just tired of this crap.

Dude ... you can't take away fumbles and interceptions. Especially when it had nothing to do with the defense we played causing them. We did it all on our own. That is a big part of why I think we suck. Nothing about our game made me feel good except maybe our DL. But that scUM OL is beyond horrible; UT Martin will probably have a better OL than scUM. All of our turnovers are on Franks except the Davis which is on Davis. Saying you want to take away the turnovers is like saying we should take away Franks at this point. Ok. Whatever.

Some of you guys baffle me. You talk about how bad everything is yet you say it is impossible that we lose to UK at UK and Auburn at home because, well ... its UK and we play Auburn at home. That is the stupidest thing I have ever read. The Swamp really aint no big advantage anymore because er'body has been beating us there for the last 9 years. Take the O&B glasses off and I would look at a game in the swamp as no big deal licking my chops at getting in there. And Auburn just beat a really good Oregon team at a neutral field as their first game of the year. Both Auburn and Oregon beat that Gator and scUM team that played their first game by multiple scores.

EDIT: It coule be worse ... we could be fsu and UTooth bad.

DUDE...You clean up the tackling and clean up the PF & PI and this is a different game.

We are not as bad as we played AND we are not TOP 5 either.

You can’t win on this site…I say LSU looks good…AND they become my team.

Do you remember how bad we looked the start of last year?

BREATHE...It's what we got.

I say UF was not that bad and I’m Coach Sunshine.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
DUDE...You clean up the tackling and clean up the PF & PI and this is a different game.

We are not as bad as we played AND we are not TOP 5 either.

You can’t win on this site…I say LSU looks good…AND they become my team.

Do you remember how bad we looked the start of last year?

BREATHE...It's what we got.

I say UF was not that bad and I’m Coach Sunshine.

:pirate:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Auburn didn't look that impressive to me.
Oregon's defense surprised me somewhat.
I think Oregon probably should have won the game but Auburn found a way to pull it off.
I wasn't impressed with either team.
I think our defense will take care of Auburn; if we can run against them then I think we get the win.
But it's going to be that way against any team that we play.
Auburn might turn out to be a decent team this year, but they are the least of my worries at this point.
That's exactly what I'm warning against. Worry about Auburn. Stay awake at night knowing that Auburn is a problem for us and always has been. In fact, Fcvk Auburn. Pay attention or we lose that one.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
I'm sure Mullen and Co. Are taking aub seriously. We will be a much tougher opponent for them than Oregon was

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

A KY loss at their place or a home loss to Auburn wouldn't shock me.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Pretty accurate take and one that leads me to believe their defense may stifle our offense even more than ours theirs. We may actually need to slow the pace offensively and move the sticks with short sideways throws and prod with the(option) running game. I don't think a higher scoring game favors us in this situation. We need to limit their possessions and make no mistakes….I know that sounds terribly boring but from what I've seen of both teams so far we won't win if we give them ANY gifts. A lot of football to be played between now and then but they look solid.
Perhaps, you'll want to consult with Muschamp whilest formulating your most auspicious game plan.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
You seem to confuse excused with expectations. It isn't excusable to lose to KY any year nor is it always expected that we should. Is that talent gap really that different between us right now? Is the coaching really that different either? Is the recruiting really that different? Don't complain out one side of your mouth about how crappy our recruiting is/was and then say should always be expected that we beat a team that is at the level that we dropped to.
Not confused at all, I'm just not willing to lower the bar. We should always expect to beat Kentucky and any team that shows up in the Swamp playing a true freshman QB. The fact that many (including myself) are legitimately concerned about our ability to accomplish that is pretty telling. Mullen clearly has a tough job ahead of him.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's exactly what I'm warning against. Worry about Auburn. Stay awake at night knowing that Auburn is a problem for us and always has been. In fact, Fcvk Auburn. Pay attention or we lose that one.
Yes. It’s incredibly important that message board posters worry about the correct opponent.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Perhaps, you'll want to consult with Muschamp whilest formulating your most auspicious game plan.
We are who we are and while we pulled away from a couple of teams(FSU & Mich. who was missing 8 defensive starters) at the end of the year last season we are NOT some kind of explosive output offense...hell every game we won last season was close in the 4th quarter.

I'm not saying you don't try and hit a few big plays....but if we start going 4 and out against them they will wear us down just like we did in all our wins last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator